FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Happened?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 1:35am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I can remember evenings back in 2002 when we would pass the 100-member load capacity on T&O and everything would time out. Back then, threads would get a minimum of four pages worth of comments, and one thread would be pushed to the second page of topics within hours. 
GIT OFF MY LAWN
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 5:14am
Yeah the sheer lack of logic from FE and OS has really drained a lot of the interest here I feel, as we're pretty liberal to start with. When you get people ignoring logic to the point of being trolls, its no longer entertaining, and more just makes you shake your head.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 5:21am
Just to add-where the hell is Susan/Peter/Bruce? This place seems boring without him/her.
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 8:30am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Just to add-where the hell is Susan/Peter/Bruce? This place seems boring without him/her.
Probably chained to a tree somewhere.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:34am
Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

We get it, you paramedic.
This forum meme makes me smile every time.

Funny remembering I was the original subject when the meme started.
You and your damn airplaines.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:41am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Yeah the sheer lack of logic from FE and OS has really drained a lot of the interest here I feel, as we're pretty liberal to start with. When you get people ignoring logic to the point of being trolls, its no longer entertaining, and more just makes you shake your head.

I'm pretty sure FE/OS simply make us all look liberal in comparison.

I'd say this forum leans further right than your average college crowd.
BU Engineering 2012
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:51am

This is such a funny thread.

So, yeah, people here treat others like complete jerks, namecalling, and belittling at every chance, and then wonder why the forum is slow...

I know tons of people that have logged on as newbies over the past few years. And it only takes a few posts for them to realize the type of people that frequent this board.

And they don't come back...

And now it is slow... I'm shocked...

(not really, but seriously? you guys wonder why?... hahahhahahahahahhaha).

This board is great.

Here is a completely fabricated mental image.

Little johnny walked down the street looking for friends.

He came upon a group of guys who called themselves T&O. They shoved him down, called him names, and then ridiculed him for his choices in life.

Little johnny never came back.

T&O wondered why?

hahahahahaa
They tremble at my name...
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 10:19am
^Meh, we all endured it at one time or another.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 10:26am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

So, yeah, people here treat others like complete jerks, namecalling, and belittling at every chance, and then wonder why the forum is slow...

I know tons of people that have logged on as newbies over the past few years. And it only takes a few posts for them to realize the type of people that frequent this board.

This board is great.

Here is a completely fabricated mental image.

He came upon a group of guys who called themselves T&O. They shoved him down, called him names, and then ridiculed him for his choices in life.

Little johnny never came back.

T&O wondered why?

hahahahahaa

facepalm.jpg

When the regulars here talk about it being slow, they're not talking about new people joining in, they're talking about the way this subforum used to be before people started getting tired of seeing the same three threads every day.

EDIT: And by the logic of your story, what does that say about you?  You come on the board to argue with the same two or three people every day.  They're not nice to you, they openly tell you they want you to leave, and you continue coming back.

Does that make you the Downs kid who thinks that the kids that push him around are friends, just because they don't ignore him?

Edited by usafpilot07 - 05 April 2010 at 10:28am
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 10:46am
A lot of people have left in my time here, I can say that much.  I wasn't a frequenter of T&O when it was more active, but I do remember seeing a lot more new posts here than in the other sections.

I guess what I intended to say was that I don't necessarily think we need new people.  I'd guess less than one person in one hundred comes into T&O and stays, and I don't think it's because we're so derisive.  This forum is far nicer than any other forum I'm on.

Edited by ParielIsBack - 05 April 2010 at 10:47am
BU Engineering 2012
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 10:47am
FE this may come as a surprise to you, but some people here have spines and don't go crying to the mods at the first sign of sarcasm or teasing.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

FE this may come as a surprise to you, but some people here have spines and don't go crying to the mods at the first sign of sarcasm or teasing.

BINGO!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 4:03pm
lol@ fe thinking this forum ridicules people.

No one ridicules new people just for the hell of it.
Que pasa?

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 5:16pm
^^ unless it was horsepower/.357 on a new name, then we did.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:38pm
He doesn't count as new.
BU Engineering 2012
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 12:34am

Boo

You are so out of touch it's kind of scary if you aren't indeed a troll. I have seen quite a few new members that have posted here with the same consideration your average (by a normal standard; not yours) forumer gets, yet apparently all we do is name call, flame, blah blah blah.

It really is pathetic that see the world the way you do.
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Probably working. He's at a new law firm, which means he has to work for the respect/position he had at his last place (if he was even hired as a partner; if he is an associate then he won't be here for a while). And he's there when they likely had to lay off a bunch of their workers because of economic hardships, which probably  means he has to carry the workload of those who were let off.

Or, like I said, he was out hippy-beating with his son, got a cut, it got infected, and now he lives in a house with thirteen other people with no electricity and running water.
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

WORD.
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

I'd say this forum leans further right than your average college crowd.

Word.
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

^Meh, we all endured it at one time or another.

For the most part, word.

Edited by Gatyr - 06 April 2010 at 12:34am
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:14am

Wow, again, you guys prove my point, and don't even realize it.

I wasn't talking about you being rude to the new posters (although I have seen it many times). You are rude to the EXISTING posters...

Re-read above...

Then look at your responses to me...

hmm, rude...

Well, thank you for proving my point.

See you can chose to be a jerk to me or OS or anyone else that makes you feel good about yourself. It doesn't mean others will want to be part of your kicking contest. Most people when they see someone being picked on for no good reason (like me or OS) feel uncomfortable. Which will cause them to leave, as it is rude and socially unacceptable (except on the internet).

If you wanted this place to be more active, try being civil, because honey attracts more bees...

Sure people can have different opinions. I enjoy this board because of the amount of "I know better than you" people on here, who usually can't argue their point without resorting to namecalling, or just namecalling in the first place because they can't debate.

Sometimes it is good to smack the side of the beehive, but there is a difference between smacking someone with a well thought out argument, vs just calling them names because you disagree with them.

They tremble at my name...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:37am
FE, if you could search back throughout the history of the forum (at least since I got here in 05), this place has actually grown much more civil and intelligent. You're given a far better response then others have tried "smacking the hive".

But just a thought-a person who exists on a forum solely to get a response from a very select few is usually branded as a troll. We've all seen how you respond in your threads. You tend to ignore the more thought out responses and go straight for the flaming comments. Which is fine, but nobody can help it if that's the only side of the forum you CHOOSE to see.

You openly admit most of this forum is liberal (which isn't true, but we'll accept this for the sake of argument), yet you post several posts a day at times going on and on about why libera figures are wrong, evil, stupid, or whatever. Well, you stirred up the hive, you accomplished your goal. But then again, it's only namecalling if it opposes your opinion or logic, I take it.
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 2:31pm

Hey, I can take it! Besides, I bled all over them and even got in some cheap shots while they were dancing on my face. It was all in good fun.
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by JohnnyHopper JohnnyHopper wrote:

I bled all over them a.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN LOU!

I ♣ hippies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic