Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TripleDeuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleDeuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Leak
    Posted: 28 March 2010 at 3:46pm
ok so i just got back from a game very disappointed my x7 is leaking c02 like a mad man the leak seems to be stemming from the pushpin near the tombstone and then flowing out the barrell i took it apart before and just simply put it back together and it was a temporary fix but this time i wanna fully investigate it and see why the leak is there and how to fix it i believe i need a new tombstone but am wondering if it is just that simple the c02 only comes out the pushpin by the tombstone and the barrell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleDeuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 3:04pm
Bump!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 4:20pm
Please don't self bump.  If someone has an answer they will post it.  If they don't, then it won't help anyway and it's rude to others who posted later and might like to have their questions answered as well.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 12:07pm

Coulple of things to check: Is the marker cocked when you are screwing the tank onto the marker? If the tank is screwed on when it's uncocked, the bolt can push on the valve pin and allow CO2 to leak through the valve. Have you oiled the marker? Dry o-rings can allow leakage. If air/CO2 is leaking down the barrel, something the valve must be allowing it to pass through. Perhaps you have an old/damaged o-ring in the valve, or perhaps it needs oil. Are you certain it is coming out of the barrel? If not, than check your gas line o-ring to make sure it's clean and oiled.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleDeuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 4:16am
its is coming out of where the gas line screws into the tombstone and meets the internals of the marker, im going to re-oil everything in a couple minutes, is it normal for it to have to be cocked?
Hanki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2010 at 9:11am

Im posting a little late probably,but anyways.I had exactly the same problem.( Co2 comes out my front barrel Tippmann X7) opened it, took out the powertube and valve.stripped the valve completely,replaced o-rings and still the same prob..then to test i put a o-ring in front of the valve plunger ( valve plunger is inside the valve) and the leakage stopped.( obviously after one shot the leak is back because the o-ring in front of the valve plunger comes loose because its not suppose to be there i was just testing...SO in my oppinion the fault IS THE VALVE and to go more in detial i think its the valve plunger...Any way i baught a new valve and the problem was fixed.for even more detailed explenation email me at shaunnstrydom@gmail.com ill reply happely as a tippmann x7 fan :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic