Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CO2 Tanks/Refill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jollyroger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollyroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CO2 Tanks/Refill
    Posted: 13 March 2010 at 11:21am
Question. When you refill a co2 tank, how much do you put in? example; 20 OZ, Do you weigh the empty bottle, say it weighs 3 OZ empty, then fill the bottle with 20 OZ of co2 so the weight totals 23oz? or do you fill the bottle weighs 20 OZ TOTAL. I went and had my 20 oz filled the other day and they told me they only put in 16 0z of co2.
98 Custom Platinum
Flatline
Bipod
Adjustible Stock
Rufus Dawg Wicked Front Bolt/Power Tube
Expansion Chamber
M4 Style Handle/Sight
Taco Speed Hopper
20 OZ CO2 Tank W/Neoprene Cover
All Camoed
Jollyroger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollyroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 4:18pm
anyone got a clue?
98 Custom Platinum
Flatline
Bipod
Adjustible Stock
Rufus Dawg Wicked Front Bolt/Power Tube
Expansion Chamber
M4 Style Handle/Sight
Taco Speed Hopper
20 OZ CO2 Tank W/Neoprene Cover
All Camoed
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 6:49pm
My understanding is that they weigh the tank before and during so that they add 20 oz. of CO2 to it. 

Warm tanks are harder to fill as the CO2 expands from gas to liquid quickly when it comes in contact with the warm tank.  This is why you will see places "chill" the tank by putting a little CO2 in, then venting it out.  Depending upon the capabilities/skills/methods where you got it filled, 16 may be the best they could do.  I wouldn't get too worried as long as they are only charging you for 16.

Edited Addition:  Please don't "self-bump" your posts.  If you show a little patience someone will probably answer your question eventually.  If no one does, then nobody knows or is interested and the bumping probably won't help.  Additionally, self-bumping is annoying to other members, can be considered spamming under the forum rules and could make you go blind.

Edited by Mack - 14 March 2010 at 6:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic