FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question for you guys...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for you guys...
    Posted: 11 March 2010 at 6:18am
So, the other day, I put up a wanted ad on Craigslist for a pre-1999 Acura.  I got a reply to my posting about a day or so later from a woman who had just purchased a newer Acura, and wanted to get rid of her old one.  I replied sure, I'll look at it, send some pics etc.  Today I received her reply without pictures - I'm trying to get her to host from imageshack or photobucket since she was having a hard time with attachments.  Thing is, she said this:

"Take a look and if its what you were looking for then let me know, i'm not looking for any payment for it as i dont need it anymore."

What?  A free car?  Seems to good to be true...

But what do you guys think?  I'm not ruling out that she honestly might not looking for a payment for it, but this just seemed odd to me.  Anything that I could be missing?  Granted, I'm not expecting much for which model or year it actually is, but this just seems strange to me.  Thoughts and opinions please.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 6:47am
Sounds to me like she's trying to get rid of an ex-boyfriends car.

nickman98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Et Tu, Nickman?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 8:00am
when you go look at it make sure her papers are in order copy down the vin and plate numbers and pop into your local cop shop and have them run and make sure everyones name matches. thats my advice
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 11:26am
Make sure her name is on the title as the owner. Also, like nickman said, take down the vin and have the DMV or the local PD run it for you.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 11:42am
There are so many scams on craigslist... It is hard to know for sure.

I usually go by no phone number = scam...

But, you never know, tell her you want it, and you can pick it up today...

She will probably tell you it is in another state and you need to pay for the shipping through ebay to protect you both........................
They tremble at my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic