Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading Bolts/ Internals (98 CP)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zissou222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zissou222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading Bolts/ Internals (98 CP)
    Posted: 09 March 2010 at 1:46pm
I'd like to put some performance parts into my 98 Custom PRO E.  I'm interested in upgrading the moving internals without having to modify (or with just very small, practical modifications like sanding) the marker's parts.

I Have:
Stock Tippy '98 Custom Pro w/E Grip and ACT.
I want to replace the following parts:
-Power Tube
-Bolt
-Seals
-Springs

I agree that the 98 internals are already really efficient, but I'm trying to extend the life of the marker. What have you guys found to be worth purchasing? I just joined the forum and you guys seem to have a lot of experience so I'd be stoked for some suggestions.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 4:03pm
There is no need to replace the internals. Aftermarket powertubes and bolts do not give any noticeable perfomance and in some cases will actually degrade it. Even if they break, I would suggest replacing with stock replacement parts. Save your money.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
elky jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elky jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 3:17pm
I tried to hop up my 98 with new internals and it screwed it all up. the bolt would jam every shot and the power tube didn't even fit properly. I would stick with the stock stuff they will keep your gun shooting for the longest time!!!!
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:08pm
I agree with the above statements. Aftermarket internals tend to be like those aftermarket spoiler kits for the stock Honda civic.

The only aftermarket upgrade that seems to live up to the hype is the metal cyclone ratchets.
zissou222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zissou222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 3:56am
Hey thanks for the pointers guys. It makes sense to keep the internals stock. I used my 98 Custom Pro w/e grip for a whole summer (about 5 pb outings) and I only broke paint two or three times. I'd say that risking the ACT's smooth operation isn't worth it. My brother was playing with his brand new Proto Matrix Rail and broke paint about 10 times over the course of our shenanigans. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic