Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Asteroid wiped out dinosaurs...

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 5:05pm
MIND FREAK!
Back to Top
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Original Forum Gangster

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: Isle Of Man
Status: Offline
Points: 10743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by Bolt3 Bolt3 wrote:

Free Enterprise ....................

Evolution is not something that you can 'believe' or not.


It's science, you simply follow the facts.


 

Sorry, that is not true.

 

Where did life come from? No matter how hard evolutionist spin, that question is the problem with evolution. Either some humans are more "evolved" than others, as darwin believed (blacks were considered half-ape half human...) Which is glossed over in schools today as it is so outrageous.
I believe the bible has also been used as the basis for racism, slavery, and abuse towards women. Yet religious people today gloss over these FACTS, it's so outrageous.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Back to Top
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Joined: 05 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 10156
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 9:13pm
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Back to Top
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dead man...

Joined: 02 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 9:19pm
I still can't see how anyone can lump Genesis in as science, if it went like "On the first day God created particles.....etc" maybe. FE's version of Christianity teaches people not to question the Bible, and asking questions is a major part of science. I wish FE would put half as much effort into questioning/researching the Bible instead of global warming/evolution (I'm sure he puts time in, I'm unsure of his comprehension skills) even if it didn't change his mind, he would at least have a deeper understanding of the people who recorded the bible and how it was constructed and interpreted. Early Christianity, prior to a Church built around Peter was considerably more fluid than now. I forgot the name of the one sunday-morning religious program I enjoyed watching. It was older gentleman talking about the Bible in lecture format, using historical, linguistic and theological approaches. I found it extremely informative and enjoyable. If Bible-study belongs in a public school, it's in a social studies class or a literature  class. In fact considering that students are less likely to be familiar with the Bible now than in previous generations, this is a great idea considering how influential religion has been, especially Christianity on Western Civ.

Again, I bring up that statistic about reasons for leaving church, science is way down there. Historigraphical issues, translation, and the behavior of Christians is more likely to pull people away from their faith. Get your own house in order before you go poking Darwin in the eye with a dull stick.


Back to Top
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4423
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 12:40pm
FE is either the greatest troll to ever exist on the internet or the most incredibly dense creature in the history of the world. I'm not sure which one it is but neither is anything to be proud of really. Naturally, I have my own opinion on the subject but since I basically agree with everybody against FE and he completely ignores anything that doesn't support his view (ie. anything not the bible or answersingenesis.org) I don't think I'm going to bother. FE, I truly feel sorry for your kids if they can't see past your nonsense and form their own opinion of the world.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 12:43pm

I learned in public school that all of this doesn't matter, survival of the fittest.

 
Hey, look at this one...
 
 
It will be interesting when they finally do get around to testing the 70,000,000 year old dino eggs, huh...
 
 
Or will they even bother since they know the eggs are that old... and of course they couldn't find dna that is That old...
 
 
 
if it is that old...
 
 
 
 
I also love the tolerance toward my viewpoints... Great to see how everyone is accepting if you follow, but if you believe something else, you get namecalled...


Edited by FreeEnterprise - 10 March 2010 at 12:45pm
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
Access View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 08 November 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 35
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Access Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 1:16pm
I don't know what the OP was aiming for. Science is science and the bible is a religious text, one is in no way related to the other. Cognitive Dissonance is part of the human condition, only those who convince themselves that belief in one thing _must preclude all others_ have a problem with this.

To me the OP would be like a guy showing up at a paintball field with a baseball, a mitt, and a bat, expecting to 'play ball' when the ref blew the whistle.

A hammer is designed with a purpose in mind, ie. for pounding in nails. If you need to pound in a nail, you get a hammer. You don't take your arm, make a fist to mimic the shape of a hammer, and use that. You'll only get hurt. Science is just like that hammer, it's a tool, a set of theories for understanding or modeling the world we live in. A more religious type whose name escapes me right now once said that he could not believe that god gave man reason only so that man could forgo its use. Anyways it's only when people don't understand the true nature of science that they get all bent out of shape over it's implications.
Back to Top
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Joined: 24 June 2008
Location: Russian Federation
Status: Offline
Points: 1697
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 
 
I also love the tolerance toward my viewpoints...


dont even go there
Back to Top
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Ask me about my Kokido

Joined: 25 July 2002
Location: South Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 4028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:



I also love the tolerance toward my viewpoints... Great to see how everyone is accepting if you follow, but if you believe something else, you get namecalled...


Um, excuse me? You are not "believing something else" you are directly attacking our "beliefs" with retoric, hoping to convince us we are wrong.

That isn't "believing something else".

And for the love of yout God, please READ the articles you link.

Quote She and her colleagues obtained DNA from extinct moas and ducks from New Zealand, extinct elephant birds from Madagascar, and an emu and owl from Australia. The oldest eggshell belonged to an emu that lived 19,000 years ago.


19 000 years is a LONG way from 75 million. It also happens to be 3 times the time you say you believe the planet has been around. That article even says it'll be hard getting DNA from dino eggs.

BUT, and here is the point you seem to be missing, they keep trying. Why? Because new technologies develop. New techniques are tried. Progress is made.

They'll keep trying. Why? Because they want to push boundries. They don't want to sit back and say "that's everything, stop asking questions".

If God didn't want us asking these questions, he shouldn't have given us curios brains, and he shouldn't have given us free will.


in your theory of how things happened, did Adam and Eve know about atoms, quarks, microbes and how mountains are formed before they ate the fruit?

Here is a link for you. "EVIL" science helping uncover the bible.

Bible City Found




Edited by Kayback - 10 March 2010 at 1:44pm
Back to Top
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Ask me about my Kokido

Joined: 25 July 2002
Location: South Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 4028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 3:16pm
In connection to the original post, what DID kill the dinosaurs?

Did God also find them full of sin and drown them in the Flood? Were they imperfect creations so he killed them off?

KBK

Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

In connection to the original post, what DID kill the dinosaurs?

Did God also find them full of sin and drown them in the Flood? Were they imperfect creations so he killed them off?

KBK



I'd like to know how they could have existed if they were here before the earth apparently was.
Back to Top
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Joined: 14 January 2006
Location: Uncertain
Status: Offline
Points: 5286
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

 
I also love the tolerance toward my viewpoints...
you do realize that you are the one who started this thread attacking our views, right? *checks* yep, you are the one who made this thread.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl


Forum Vice President
Back to Top
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Time for a C-Section!

Joined: 15 November 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4810
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 4:30pm
FE!!! the Tippmann forum's new attention whore!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!


Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9818
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

FE is either the greatest troll to ever exist on the internet or the most incredibly dense creature in the history of the world.


There's no reason he can't be both.
Back to Top
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Actuarry it’s Skirret

Joined: 25 December 2004
Location: Liechtenstein
Status: Offline
Points: 9556
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:43pm
On the point of tolerance, I am ridiculously intolerant to people who are so blindly religious that they refuse to see other people's viewpoints.
Back to Top
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Joined: 05 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 10156
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:45pm
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Back to Top
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4423
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

FE is either the greatest troll to ever exist on the internet or the most incredibly dense creature in the history of the world.


There's no reason he can't be both.


I apologize, you are quite correct good sir.

I realize it's not nice to insult people and whatnot (and FE loves to bait us so he can play the victim) but it needed to be said. You can't express your view while making broad (and baseless) generalizations about everybody on the forum or other groups of people and then subsequently denying the sound logic and proof presented in their defense and not be automatically labeled the forum ass. Everybody is entitled to an opinion but when you try to pass that opinion off as fact and can't defend it with anything other than nonsensical rhetoric, other people's opinions, or flawed logic then it's time to rethink your position. There's nothing wrong with changing your opinion on something. Hell, I changed my opinion on the whole runaway Prius situation based on the posts in that thread here. I originally thought the drivers were just being stupid and not turning the ignition off or putting the car in neutral when the brakes failed but then I learned that they did try that and it didn't work because Toyota is apparently stupid. I didn't try to defend my original stance to the death, I just changed my stance to reflect the new information.

Starting a thread in a manner that is basically a challenge or invitation to debate and then replying with nothing but nonsense when people accept the challenge is pointless. I continue to participate in these threads not because I enjoy the nonsense but because I'm waiting for the day when there's more to the argument than just heavily opinionated rhetoric coming from somebody who is so closed-minded that they're responses can basically be reduced to "LALALA I'm not listening because I'm right and this blogger agrees so I win".
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Back to Top
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Joined: 19 September 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 3147
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:31pm
I was just thinking that since the Bible is the greatest, most accurate history book ever, why is there no mention of the dinosaur extinction?  You would think that a bunch of giant predatory death machines disappearing would be a pretty big occasion for the people of that time.  
Back to Top
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Joined: 14 January 2006
Location: Uncertain
Status: Offline
Points: 5286
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I was just thinking that since the Bible is the greatest, most accurate history book ever, why is there no mention of the dinosaur extinction?  You would think that a bunch of giant predatory death machines disappearing would be a pretty big occasion for the people of that time.  
You and your silly logic.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl


Forum Vice President
Back to Top
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Joined: 05 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 10156
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:19pm
It's in the end notes for Genesis.

*PS, there wasn't room for the dinosaurs so they all drowned.

If God had given Noah measurements in units that made sense, he wouldn't have had that problem.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.219 seconds.