FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Asteroid wiped out dinosaurs...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:50pm
I wasn't aware reading a few blogs made you a senior paleontologist, FE. You're so accomplished.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:03pm
FE, you'll be happy to know that there is significant evidence of a catastrophic flood dating to appropimatly the time of the noah story, other nations besides the Israelites backed up this story with flood legends of their own, in fact, they are common among many  cultures. Serious flooding was common as glaciers melted. Isn't it possible that these religious traditions were what was left of the societies that were wiped out? Throughout history, most stories have been passed down orally and were no doubt edited into more of a historical-fiction type model. We know Troy was a real city that was wiped out by the Greeks, and that was once thought to be legend. As a history major, I think the bible is a legitimate source of historical information, but like any primary source it will show the perspective of the authors. I'd be willing to bet the Adam and Eve story has a common ancestor  with many other creation stories, possibly dating back as far as spoken language and the development of cultures. Many cultures have had an idea of God, even if it is understood as to be the elements (like the Nile or the Earth itself) instead as some more abstract concept, like and intelligent, omnipotent, perfect being (which were often traits given to these more physical gods). Religion became more standardized as part of society when hunter-gather's settled down, before that cultures would have little more history available to them than some oral creation stories and family histories, life was unstable and it's doubtful that more history survived intact. The story of Abraham probably reflects the move of his tribe into a more settled way of life, and increased standardization of religion. If Bible stories are based on actual events there is a much bigger gap than the 1000 years between Genesis and Abraham. It's likely he just took what he knew and built the religion off that. I wouldn't doubt that a flood helped killed the Dinosaurs, but I don't think one of many historical great floods means that was the  flood of Noah. Consider what the bible actually says about a majority of the human population being killed by this flood, don't you think it is logical that many other accounts were washed away, or that Noah only had a limited idea of other peoples? I think your notion of dinosaurs and people living together is based more on The Flintstones than either the Bible or science. 
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by article FE posted, that made me lul article FE posted, that made me lul wrote:

Think about It—Would You Want to Live with Dinosaurs?

Often, people believe that if human bones aren’t found with dinosaur bones, then they didn’t live at the same time. Actually, all we know for sure is that they weren’t buried together. It is very easy for creatures to live at the same time on earth, but never even cross paths. Have you ever seen a tiger or a panda in the wild? Just because animals are not found together does not mean they do not live in the same world at the same time.

You seriously give this article merit? Because I've never seen a extreamily endangered species in its natural habitat (on the opposite side of the planet) or another endangered species, again, on the opposite side of the planet, this proves that dinosours have in fact lived with humans.

We're not even asking for a T-rex to be buried next to bob. They're not even in the same geological strata, anywhere in the world, not by a long shot.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I think your notion of dinosaurs and people living together is based more on The Flintstones than either the Bible or science. 
I have an old Flinstones comic book around here somewhere... It's written down, so it must be real. /discussion.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by article FE posted, that made me lul article FE posted, that made me lul wrote:

Think about It—Would You Want to Live with Dinosaurs?

Often, people believe that if human bones aren’t found with dinosaur bones, then they didn’t live at the same time. Actually, all we know for sure is that they weren’t buried together. It is very easy for creatures to live at the same time on earth, but never even cross paths. Have you ever seen a tiger or a panda in the wild? Just because animals are not found together does not mean they do not live in the same world at the same time.

You seriously give this article merit? Because I've never seen a extreamily endangered species in its natural habitat (on the opposite side of the planet) or another endangered species, again, on the opposite side of the planet, this proves that dinosours have in fact lived with humans.

We're not even asking for a T-rex to be buried next to bob. They're not even in the same geological strata, anywhere in the world, not by a long shot.

I'm glad to see that your conjecture is deemed more valuable than my conjecture... How long did it take you to study the geological strata of the entire world anyway?...

If the earth really is billions of years old, why aren't there more fossils? I have a bunch of creeks on my property (here in ohio very far from salt water oceans) and yet I have a layer that is always cracking up that has thousands of fossils in it, and they are salt water fossils... I even built a sidewalk out of these rocks.

It is pretty cool to walk over all those fossils. But, I certainly don't think they are millions or billions of years old...

According to my navigation system, I am over 900 feet above sea level here... Which puts in question all the water you brought up earlier.
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:30pm

facepalm.jpeg

Obviously the earth has looked the exact same throughout all of history.

Sidenote - Do you at least agree that the universe is roughly 14.7 billion years old? Not talking about earth, just the universe.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 05 March 2010 at 1:32pm

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:59pm

facepalm.jpeg

Sidenote - Do you at least agree that the universe is roughly 14.7 billion years old? Not talking about earth, just the universe.

No, I don't...

How old is the moon?...

Does the affect of the earths gravitation pull on the moon affect the path of the moon?... According to science it does. As we have studied its movement away from a set path.

So, if the earth were 3 to 4 BILLION years old, and we know the movement rate... Then based on using those parameters we can see that the moon was part of the earth at some point... Or else that timeline is false.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:00pm
I'm really glad that science doesn't work based on "It just doesn't seem logical!" 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I'm really glad that science doesn't work based on "It just doesn't seem logical!" 

Correct, science looks at all the available data, and creates a theory, which they then test, to see if it holds up.

Evolution, specifically man poofing from a long line of "beneficial" mutations is something that completely goes against science.

Study of the universe is also interesting, since we can look at things like this...

according to science...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Evolution, specifically man poofing from a long line of "beneficial" mutations

Spot the disconnect on your statement?
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:12pm

facepalm.jpeg

No, I don't...

How old is the moon?...

Does the affect of the earths gravitation pull on the moon affect the path of the moon?... According to science it does. As we have studied its movement away from a set path.

So, if the earth were 3 to 4 BILLION years old, and we know the movement rate... Then based on using those parameters we can see that the moon was part of the earth at some point... Or else that timeline is false.
About 4.5 billion years, and you do realize the most commonly held theory is that the moon was part of the earth at some point right? It isnt a body that came to orbit the earth, it is a part of the earth that sheared away.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:14pm

So the universe is roughly 6-10 thousand years old? You do realize we wouldnt even be able to see outside of the milky way galaxy if that were true don't you?

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

facepalm.jpeg

No, I don't...

How old is the moon?...

About 4.5 billion years, and you do realize the most commonly held theory is that the moon was part of the earth at some point right? It isnt a body that came to orbit the earth, it is a part of the earth that sheared away.

Now it is my turn to laugh...  because even if "at the beginning" of the universe the moon came out of the earth. It would still have a consistant movement away from the earth... Which would put the moon much further away from the earth, and we wouldn't currently have waves...

4 billion years is a VERY long time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:25pm

So the universe is roughly 6-10 thousand years old? You do realize we wouldnt even be able to see outside of the milky way galaxy if that were true don't you?

Was Adam a baby when God Created him? No, he was a full grown man... Same as the sun, a new star has growing pains, and would severly damage a planet as close as ours is to the sun... And yet, here we are...

So the sun wasn't "new" when it was Created 6,000 years ago...
This article covers this pretty well.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:33pm

Was Adam a baby when God Created him? No, he was a full grown man... Same as the sun, a new star has growing pains, and would severly damage a planet as close as ours is to the sun... And yet, here we are...

So the sun wasn't "new" when it was Created 6,000 years ago...
This article covers this pretty well.

1) Sun is older than earth, and earth was at one point in time much more like mars than earth, and mars was much more like earth. It was uninhabitable and damaged.

2) I have a hard time believing if my eternal salvation, from a god who loves me more than anything, hinged on my accepting him, that he would set up every bit of evidence he possibly could to support opponent theories.

Forum Vice President
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:39pm
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:40pm

science doesn't want

Because science has to diminish

science looks

according to science...

Man, since when is science a sentient being capable of doing things limited only to organisms? What an awesome development. Truly the work of God!

And answers in genesis. LOL.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:46pm
yeah, the logic of this article is laughable... oh wait...

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:48pm

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

facepalm.jpeg

No, I don't...

How old is the moon?...

Now it is my turn to laugh...  because even if "at the beginning" of the universe the moon came out of the earth. It would still have a consistant movement away from the earth... Which would put the moon much further away from the earth, and we wouldn't currently have waves...

4 billion years is a VERY long time.
The earth and moon were not around at the beginning of the universe...  And wasnt the point of your post above to point out that the due to the rate the moon is moving away from the earth that they would have been together 3-4 million years ago....?  Is it making sense now?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:58pm
yeah, it makes as much sense as a theory where the earth burps out a moon, and that moon starts to orbit the earth which makes the perfect wave...

Sorry, it just doesn't compute. Way too many things would have to have happened perfectly for this earth set up in this way to have just "happened", without a Creator.

I am typing on my laptop, now, according to the logic you are projecting if I place all the parts of my laptop on my desk and waited.

and waited

millions of years.

or billions.

All of a sudden, they would put themselves together and work perfectly (wait, I have xp and it is far from perfect) if given enough time.

That is ludicrous... Time doesn't equal Creation. If it did, than junkyards would be the most valuable real estate on our planet...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic