FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Asteroid wiped out dinosaurs...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:32pm
Quote Jer. 5:21 (King James version)
"Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not."
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

FE, in this "young world" theory of yours, you claim the planet is only 6000 years old, right? And 6000 years ago God made the sun 4.57 billion years old?

No silly, he took the sun from his first universe and put it in ours when he created it.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:38pm
And obviously just as FE said, all the light from far off galaxies was created to have already reached us! God clearly wanted us to have plenty of starts to look at.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

FE, in this "young world" theory of yours, you claim the planet is only 6000 years old, right? And 6000 years ago God made the sun 4.57 billion years old?
No silly, he took the sun from his first universe and put it in ours when he created it.

That's not a bad theory actually. I read a Science Fiction story similar to that once. Basically He kept creating universes until he found an Adam and Eve who rightfully stepped up and took the fruit, proclaiming themselves God's children and worth of Gods knowledge. Instead of the appologetic couple we got.

Pretty good story.

KBK
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:45pm
^^^^^Book/name of story?

Also, yaaaaaaaaay free time!!

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
So, either that is true, or the Bible is false...

I'm going to ask a few questions, and I would appreciate it if you could give me just one word in response to each question, chosen from the following list:

1) "Yes"
2) "No"

Do you know that the conclusion reached using circular reasoning is invalid (in the academic sense of the word)?
Do you understand that, as far as logic is concerned and without regard for divinity, the bible saying the bible is true makes it true is circular logic?
Do you understand that in order for one to find that scripture to be believable, belief in God must be presupposed?
Do you understand that because an invalid argument is used to prove the bible's divinity, non-believers will never be convinced via that scripture?

as it just mutated to its current form today over billions of years.

Quote Department of Microbiology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602.

Mormons 

Quote DNA was extracted from 80-million-year-old bone fragments found in strata of the Upper Cretaceous
Blackhawk Formation in the roof of an underground coal mine in eastern Utah.

and the resulting gene sequences demonstrate that small fragments of DNA may survive in bone for
millions of years.

Out of genuine curiosity, I have to ask if you have given up on the young-earth stuff, posting things like this to support your position.

But, to continue with the theme of focusing on logic, answer me this:

I asked how what you were posting constituted proof that the DNA was of dinosaur origin; your response was, and correct me if I'm wrong, "current evolutionary thought dictates that dino DNA must resemble bird DNA; people that believe the bible think that dino DNA would be completely different from bird DNA; the DNA is very different from bird DNA; therefore, the DNA is dino DNA."

Do you see the discontinuity there? It is necessary, according to you, for dino DNA to be different from bird DNA, but that does NOT mean that the DNA being different from the bird's is sufficient reason to believe it came from a dino; the only thing we can gather from that article is that the DNA found from the cretacious period is not similar to bird DNA. Does that make sense?

and yet, you all believe the evolution tale so easily, when there is so much evidence that refutes it...

Why did the dinosaur DNA look totally different from anything we have ever seen before?

A few thoughts:

There is a bunch of evidence that may force our current understanding of evolution to shift slightly, but to say that there is much evidence that completely refutes our understanding is altogether incorrect.

The article you posted stated that the cytochrome b strands in the mitochondrial DNA within the cell were different; that isn't the same as dinosaur DNA being totally different than anything we have ever seen before.

And that throws a wrench in the theory...

No; to use your own metaphor, that alters the gear ratios slightly.
Quote http://evo.bio.psu.edu/hedgeslab/Publications/PDF-files/69.pdf
Methinks a study that is less than fifteen years old, that doesn't cite two-decade old references, and does not rely so heavily on parsimony would be better.

The issue is, that evolution doesn't believe dinosaurs came from whales, they are very clear that dinosaurs will have similarities between current birds, and crocodiles. And yet this DNA clearly doesn't.

Nothing you have posted purports that dinosaurs are descendants of whales, and nothing you have posted has given a comprehensive overview of the genetic coding for birds and crocs in relation to dinosaurs. The article compared a small type of segment in DNA found in an organelle that is completely unrelated to the nucleus or the DNA contained within. The differences between the cytochrome b complexes are not indicative of anything but the differences between cytochrome b complexes.

Again, do you see the disconnect in saying "cytochrome b is different, therefore all DNA is different?" There are 400 base pairs in a cytochrome b strand, while there are 15,000-17,000 base pairs total in mitochondrial DNA. So even within just the mitochondria, the differences are not necessarily indicative of completely new DNA.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

^^^^^Book/name of story?Also, yaaaaaaaaay free time!!

Wish I knew. It was a buncha short stories. IIRC it was in the form of a bunch of stories of 3000 words or something. Couple of well knows authors. But I can't recall who wrote it.

Edited by Kayback - 11 March 2010 at 2:37pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 4:29pm
I still really wanna know about the Asian thing.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

In the aftermath of the tower of Babel, one of the construction crew fell from such great height that his face flattened. Upon getting up, his headache was so intense that, upon regaining bipedal motility, he walked straight into a dangling meat cleaver in a butcher's outdoor shop.

Days later, in his home, he saw himself in the mirror for the first time. Out of frustration from his inability to communicate with the others, the pain he felt when looking at his own face, and the previous humiliation from being the shortest fellow in Babel...he went mad. He gathered all the mute women on the outside of town and deformed their visages in a similar fashion to his. He then ventured east with his harem while he taught them to speak the language he was given. Having access to more woman than any other man in Babel, he was unrestricted in procreation. In East Asia today, it is customary to smash a baby's face and cut its eyes immediately after birth, hence the characteristic look of people in the region.

And that, sir, is how Asians came to be.

Edited by Tolgak - 11 March 2010 at 5:14pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

In the aftermath of the tower of Babel, one of the construction crew fell from such great height that his face flattened. Upon getting up, his headache was so intense that, upon regaining bipedal motility, he walked straight into a dangling meat cleaver in a butcher's outdoor shop.

Days later, in his home, he saw himself in the mirror for the first time. Out of frustration from his inability to communicate with the others, the pain he felt when looking at his own face, and the previous humiliation from being the shortest fellow in Babel...he went mad. He gathered all the mute women on the outside of town and deformed their visages in a similar fashion to his. He then ventured east with his harem while he taught them to speak the language he was given. Having access to more woman than any other man in Babel, he was unrestricted in procreation. In East Asia today, it is customary to smash a baby's face and cut its eyes immediately after birth, hence the characteristic look of people in the region.

And that, sir, is how Asians came to be.

I RORed.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic