FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Asteroid wiped out dinosaurs...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 9:53am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Do you guys really not see the point I am making?

When you say things like "the earth isn't old because science is unreliable and humans fallible," then "when the church previously subverted science and misled entire societies, would YOU have been fooled," then "ok, THIS science refutes the science those other, fallible scientists go by; it's aight for me to use as evidence and support for my argument," then "well it was COMPLETELY different from DNA we have ever seen before, so it MUST be a dinosaur," to "well actually, the DNA resembles a whale," I have to admit that I find it kind of hard to follow.

Guess I'm not liberal enough Wink

More responses after I get back from my midterm.

Edited by Gatyr - 11 March 2010 at 9:55am
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 9:53am
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 9:57am
Boxy.../r/...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 9:58am
Boxxy is evidence against evolution AND intelligent design.

Time to start from scratch, fellas.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:02am
a thread started by insane little man who has a beef with the goverment, us, and anyone else who does not agree with him.  pure win we have here gents...and he whines to the mods about our intolerance and thread derailing...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:03am
:facepalm:
At the idea of going through the first 8 pages again that is.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

When you say things like "the earth isn't old because science is unreliable and humans fallible," then "when the church previously subverted science and misled entire societies, would YOU have been fooled,"

I lump "the church" in with "athiest" scientists in many cases, as I have said, man is fallible. Even the Church, as there have been many instances throughout history where they have manipulated man to get money or power...

then "ok, THIS science refutes the science those other, fallible scientists go by; it's aight for me to use as evidence and support for my argument," then "well it was COMPLETELY different from DNA we have ever seen before, so it MUST be a dinosaur," to "well actually, the DNA resembles a whale," I have to admit that I find it kind of hard to follow.

Yeah, I'm not the best at being clear at times... But, my point is this. The DNA was completely different (as in, no other DNA matched up to it anywhere close) The article I posted said it was 74% closest to whale DNA, which isn't a match, but close... Kind of like how monkey and man DNA are close.

The issue is, that evolution doesn't believe dinosaurs came from whales, they are very clear that dinosaurs will have similarities between current birds, and crocodiles. And yet this DNA clearly doesn't.

So true science would rethink the theory... But, there is too much riding on evolution as we have seen peoples entire world view has been manipulated by this theory, so questioning it is out of the question... We must change the results to fit the predetermined criteria... Which is called spin, and falsification in other words.

a lie.

Guess I'm not liberal enough Wink
+5 IQ points, for your test!

More responses after I get back from my midterm.

The answer is, it didn't... It just didn't fit the tiny parameters that were outlined by evolution...

See, the dino DNA HAS TO match up with specific animals, as evolution doctrine teaches that crocodiles and chickens are the current relatives to dinosaurs...

But, the actual DNA most matched whale DNA... And that throws a wrench in the theory... So they better dispute the findings...

So, blame the researchers and discredit them so their findings are thrown out... Yup, sounds like man made "science" to me...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 11 March 2010 at 10:18am
They tremble at my name...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

No. I disagree with this statement most stringently. The Bible is NOT God's word. It is a document that has been compiled by humans minds, human hands and human technology.

It has been subjected to many different interpretations, translations, condensing and erasures. It has been updated and edited, modernized and cut and pasted. It has been collected over thousands of years.
As my minister father in law says " God doesn't build churches, men do. That's why there are so many flaws within most". 
I have suggested it before, but any really interested shoudl read "The Shack". Interesting take on Christianity.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 11 March 2010 at 10:11am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:21am
It's awful that I find Boxxy attractive. Is she even 18?
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:33am

Then feeding dinosaurs would be a problem, but, I'm sure some survived, as they adapted.

SING IT WITH ME! (tune of hallelujah)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH - VOH - LOO - SHUN!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH - VOH - LOO - SHUN!
EH - VOH - LU - SHUN!
EH - VOH - LU - SHUN!
EH - VOOOOUUUUH - LU - SHUUUUUN!

The ones that couldn't survive... well that should be all of them, as no plant life could survive under water for that long... as you say... so no herbivores can eat... which means no carnivores can eat for long...

Anyway, let's say the plants magically appeared after the flood. The ones that couldn't survive for long on that plant life would be less likely to grow old and spread their seed. The ones that could... well... had that higher chance. Eventually, all that could survive were passing on the genes that allowed them and their ancestors to survive. What is that? The foundation of evolution.

All through our history there are stories of dinosaurs, (with different names) and these stories always made the dinosaur to be the ultimate trophy.

Were Sasquatch and la Chupacabra on the ark too?

Warriors would kill them to build their reputation. Eventually, most became extinct, especially when you consider they are a threat to humans

But they were on the ark. Surely they would be a threat to all animals on board. Caged? Sure. But what about they day they're all released?

Some are still around...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29848167

Well, yea. Evolution is what kept them around. Not in their current form, of course. They survived because the genes that give the traits that allow survival in their given environments have been passed on through many generations.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:35am
Nessy did not need to get on the Ark!  Fact. cuz I said so.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Nessy did not need to get on the Ark!  Fact. cuz I said so.

For legitimacy.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:49am

The whole point of the scriptures is that they are the word of God.
Written by man.  Man is fallible. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:55am

Priests are paedophiles.
All priests?  Is it just limited to priests of the Catholic Church or do you include clergy of other denominations?  I would love to read your convincing statement chock full of substantial, credible sources.

Wink
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:57am
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

2 Timothy 3:16 (King James Version)

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

So, either that is true, or the Bible is false...

For me, I have found man to be liars by nature, scientists are some of the worst, as they use their influence to whittle money from society to further their studies. Perfect example, is the man made global warming scam. BILLIONS have been made from this scam, and even though there is tons of proof now that they were manipulating the data to show significant warming by using temperatures from data stations that were invented... Or had major changes over time (as in, a/c units installed next to the thermometer) or just flat out falsifications.

STILL our government is trying to force through massive cap and trade legislation...

The same is true with evolution. It is a humanistic world view that has permiated our culture to the point that you guys feel the need to call me names over and over instead of looking at what I present... This indoctination started when you were young and has been engrained into your subconscious as fact, when it is just a theory.

[/QUOTE]
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 11:02am

Written by man.  Man is fallible.

2 Timothy 3:16 (King James Version)

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

So, either that is true, or the Bible is false...

For me, I have found man to be liars by nature, scientists are some of the worst, as they use their influence to whittle money from society to further their studies. Perfect example, is the man made global warming scam. BILLIONS have been made from this scam, and even though there is tons of proof now that they were manipulating the data to show significant warming by using temperatures from data stations that were invented... Or had major changes over time (as in, a/c units installed next to the thermometer) or just flat out falsifications.

STILL our government is trying to force through massive cap and trade legislation...

The same is true with evolution. It is a humanistic world view that has permiated our culture to the point that you guys feel the need to call me names over and over instead of looking at what I present... This indoctination started when you were young and has been engrained into your subconscious as fact, when it is just a theory.

[/QUOTE]
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 11:05am
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/inspiration

Theology.
a.
a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
b.
the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.

inspiration
c.1300, "immediate influence of God or a god," especially that under which the holy books were written, from O.Fr. inspiration, from L.L. inspirationem (nom. inspiratio), from L. inspiratus, pp. of inspirare "inspire, inflame, blow into," from in-"in" + spirare "to breathe" (see spirit).
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 12:22pm

I totally disagree. The whole point of the scriptures is that they are the word of God.

As recorded, translated, and edited by MAN over many many years. As you said yourself, people lie and are imperfect so why is the Bible or any other religious writing immune to this when it was not created and maintained by God but by man?

The same is true with evolution. It is a humanistic world view that has permiated our culture to the point that you guys feel the need to call me names over and over instead of looking at what I present...

Believe me, we looked at what you presented. Then we challenged it with better logic and facts which you either ignored or replied to with nonsense. The name calling happens due to frustration over your complete inability to comprehend the fact that you're wrong.

This indoctination started when you were young and has been engrained into your subconscious as fact, when it is just a theory.

Um....no? The members of this forum are a pretty diverse group. You claim we're all a bunch of liberal, public-schooled, atheist fools yet there are plenty of members who are none of the above and still completely disagree with you. This unanimous disagreement with just about everything you say stems from the fact that you generally make ridiculous claims that can't be backed up (with reliable sources) which makes your arguments completely baseless. You have issues with certain types of people and you try to bend facts to support your opinions of these people. Then you try to push these views on everybody you come in contact with and you expect us all to just accept what you say and not challenge it?

Also, I should mention that most forumers are Christian and have gone to some sort of CCD, sunday school, etc. where they received religious education outside of their normal school. This starts at a very young age as well. Is that not indoctrination? In school we learned about all different subjects and even learned the basics of christianity, judaism, buddhism, hinduism, islam, and a few other religions with no bias towards any of them. CCD only taught me one way of looking at things.

If your worldview is so shaky that questioning religion would cause that kind of bile towards us...  It further proves our point that society is being manipulated, all to accept religion without question... While never questioning the Bible.

The way you describe us sounds more like you to be honest. I've edited that paragraph to help you see your hypocrisy since I know that's tough for you.

If you were alive when science/church told us that the earth was flat... I guess you would have believed that too...

If there was evidence to support it and none to disprove it, maybe. At that time, all people knew was that if they looked in any direction it seemed that the land would continue along a flat plane rather than around a sphere (which we now know is just an illusion due to the massive size of the earth compared to us). Because observations supported the idea of a flat earth and science was limited, people believed it was flat. The church also went through great efforts to spread that belief. Science did prove that this was not true at which point people stopped believing it. So now we have the church telling us that God created man and the Earth is only a few thousand years old yet science is saying that the Earth is older and that man seems to have evolved from some other form of life. The only proof that we were created by God or that the Earth is merely a few thousand years old is the Bible. How interesting.

Just think about it.

I suggest you do the same only with an open mind this time. Nobody is asking you to convert, just look at the facts and understand that you can believe in God and evolution. As others have mentioned, religion and the theory of evolution can coexist. It is possible that there is a God that created Earth and the first forms of life. It's also possible that these life forms evolved into other life forms, adding diversity. I don't believe in God but I acknowledge the fact that the existence of God can't really be proven/disproven so we can't really know for sure. That's why I hate when religious people try to push their beliefs on others or criticize those who don't believe. When the answer is unknown and it is left to opinion/faith, there is no right or wrong answer and anybody who attempts to label a view as absolutely one or the other without any proof is a fool, plain and simple.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:13pm

[quote=StormyKnight]Written by man.  Man is fallible.

<H2 id=passage_ing>2 Timothy 3:16 (King James Version)
Really? You're going to blatenly post which version of "infailable" text you get your jesus from? The fact that there is a version name after that doesn't ring any bells for you?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 1:21pm

Priests are paedophiles.

All priests?  Is it just limited to priests of the Catholic Church or do you include clergy of other denominations?  I would love to read your convincing statement chock full of substantial, credible sources.

I was just replying to FE's statement that scientists shouldn't be believed because they lie to get grant money and sometimes mis represent their findings.

Personally I'd side with the guys who lie over the guys who lie with little kiddies.

Pope says Church must stand against paedophillia

More messing up kiddies

While both those points are aimed at the Catholic Church, FE refuses to cite which Christianity is the "better" or more correct one to follow, so I went with the biggest. (incidently also the branch that actively held back science progression by decades.

FE, in this "young world" theory of yours, you claim the planet is only 6000 years old, right? And 6000 years ago God made the sun 4.57 billion years old?

KBK

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 11 March 2010 at 1:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic