FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Asteroid wiped out dinosaurs...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Asteroid wiped out dinosaurs...
    Posted: 05 March 2010 at 10:51am
So based on the mass dinosaur dieout, which was proven by thousands of dinosaurs being buried under water while alive, so that they could fossilize was caused by a asteroid.

not a flood... Well, there was a flood, according to the article, but they want you to focus on the asteroid. Because a collosal flood of epic proportions has already been told, and science doesn't want to lend credence to the Bible.

Because science has to diminish the Bible every chance it gets. The are conviced the Bible is inaccurate, yet, the evidence shows that there was a flood, that covered the earth, as it was discussed in so many ancient civilizations history. And we all know that a worldwide flood wouldn't kill the dinosaurs...

wait.

And David was never king of Isreal... oh wait, again.

And the Bible can't be accurate as it has been around for centuries and it would have changed dramatically since then as men are human and make mistakes... oh wait, for the third time...

Just ignore the history that has been passed down from the dawn of man, and look at the dirt. Why would anyone use a written history of the world to help them figure out how the world began?...

They tremble at my name...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:03am
Yes FE. The asteroid, all the dinosaur fossils (which date in the tens to hundreds of MILLIONS of years, not the thousands), the Gulf of Mexico and the Yucatan peninsula are all a clever plot by science to deny God.

I also find it thoroughly implausible that God would have killed off Velociraptors and Triceratops, but left alive something as ludicrous as the Platypus.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:10am
Oh, yeah, they are MILLIONS of years old... That is why they have found blood vessels that when hydrated are able to yield DNA... Wow, that is amazing. Wait. that is impossible...

So science would tell you this is 70 MILLION year old dinosaur bone... And yet... Logic would tell you there is NO way that could be possible.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:15am
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/04/070412-dino-tissues.html

"Ancient collagen—the main protein component of bone—has been extracted from the remains of a 68-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex, according to two new reports.

The new studies provide strong support for the hotly debated claims that organic material previously extracted from the T. rex's leg bone is original dinosaur soft tissue that somehow escaped fossilization. "

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:21am
You take Genesis seriously? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh I don't even know where to begin on the ridiculousness of that. Where would you like me to start?
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:34am
Start at the very beginning... Where did life come from?

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:41am
We've been over this before.  What's the use in doing it again?
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:42am
Seriously, you need your own thread.
BU Engineering 2012
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:47am
a mutation off of a different being, in which life started out as single celled organisms
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:59am
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

a mutation off of a different being, in which life started out as single celled organisms

So if life "improved" when it first started, at what point did the second law of thermodynamics start to "work". Or are we to ignore that law during the "Creation" of life?...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:03pm
We've had this discussion before FE. I think it was Tallen, but it might have been someone else who explained quite clearly, that it would not be that difficult at all for a virus or something of that sort to have formed to get the ball rolling. I'll post the link when I can find it.

I do actually like the fact that you are skeptical, however I think you're only being skeptical to one side of the board. It baffles me that you do exactly what you should, (ie, asking questions, trying to understand things that you legitimately don't get, trying to look for weak points in the argument, etc.) but you don't do that for the bible. Why is the man in the sky that there is no evidence what so ever for, easier to believe in than science? I understand ancient civilizations talk about a big flood. I have a theory as to why - It floods. Simple, eh? You made the claim that science backs up the flood story. Thats a little ironic considering you if were to flood the earth, did you know it would require 4,530,488,766 KM3 if you just took one single cubic Km of water and converted it into gallons, 1 km3 = 219969248299.09 gallons. So I'm just going to cut to the chase and note that it would require 3 times more water than what exists in any form here on earth to flood it.

Also, the fossil record doesn't seem to agree with you. We don't find humans buried with T-Rex, we don't find Chimps buried next to Veloceraptors. Assuming the flood was real, why would that be the case? Surely they would all have been killed during the same time. Even if humans managed to use their brains to escape the flood waters longer than Dino's, that would be a statistical difference at best. Not all humans would have escaped, so we would see a sort of reversed tapering in the numbers as the flood progressed. However the fossil record shows 0 humans at all buried in the wrong layers.

I'm really not against you being critical of science, thats actually what science is built upon. The thing that gives me lulz, and a headache, simultaneously is the fact that you demand every scrap of evidence from one side, and then just smile and nod with the other side.

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:05pm
Thermodynamics doesn't apply to this. That is talking about closed systems, which the earth is not.

Forum Vice President
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:09pm

So apparently Noah was predjudiced against the dinosaurs....... hater.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:12pm
I read this as "An Android wiped out the dinosaurs", and pictured a giant phone falling from the sky.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Just ignore the history that has been passed down from the dawn of man, and look at the dirt. Why would anyone use a written history of the world to help them figure out how the world began?...

So you don't believe in forensics either huh? There is a reason why DNA evidence and things of that nature are much, much more reliable, and preferred in a courtroom over an eyewitness account. Pro tip: eye witnesses are some of the worst evidence available when it comes to reliability, ask any policeman or lawyer.

Edit: And thats not including when the eye witnesses start to play telephone with their message.

And just because I thought it'd be fun.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 05 March 2010 at 12:22pm

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Also, the fossil record doesn't seem to agree with you. We don't find humans buried with T-Rex, we don't find Chimps buried next to Veloceraptors. Assuming the flood was real, why would that be the case? Surely they would all have been killed during the same time. Even if humans managed to use their brains to escape the flood waters longer than Dino's, that would be a statistical difference at best. Not all humans would have escaped, so we would see a sort of reversed tapering in the numbers as the flood progressed. However the fossil record shows 0 humans at all buried in the wrong layers.

so, if a scientist found a fossil of a dinosaur next to a fossil of a human, you really think they would say. Hmm. these must have been buried and fossilized at the same time?...

And we know that dinosaurs have been around WITH man, as we have tons of art that only now based on our study of the bones of dinosaurs we can now identify what we thought were "mythical dragons"...

If there were only a few examples then it would be possible, but come on, look at how many examples are on that page...

I mean, this one on the bottom right looks nothing like a dinosaur as depicted today... oh wait.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:29pm
Wow. Just wow.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:37pm
This article is interesting concerning why we haven't found human, and dino fossils together.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

So you don't believe in forensics either huh? There is a reason why DNA evidence and things of that nature are much, much more reliable, and preferred in a courtroom over an eyewitness account. Pro tip: eye witnesses are some of the worst evidence available when it comes to reliability, ask any policeman or lawyer.

Edit: And thats not including when the eye witnesses start to play telephone with their message.

Yes, eye witnesses aren't the best source for knowledge. But, we aren't talking about eye witnesses.

We are talking about the God that CREATED the earth telling us what happened. That is the difference.

Say a guy sees a car pass on the street, as an eyewitness he might be able to tell you the color and make of the car.

Now, say the guy that created that car sees it pass. They both saw the same thing, but he could tell you a TON more about that car, couldn't he?

That is the difference, we have a book that has been proven accurate time and time again (people have been trying to disprove it since the dawn of time...) but, today everyone is a skeptic instead of actually comparing what it says to what we see.

I see tons of evidence that dinosaurs aren't MILLIONS of years old. We can all agree that there shouldn't be 'soft' tissue in their bones if they are 70  MILLION years old... So, according to logic, they aren't that old.

Interesting.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:45pm
I'm having a hard time not accepting this as trolling.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic