Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x7 phenom and x7 flatline problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KUSH-D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KUSH-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x7 phenom and x7 flatline problems
    Posted: 03 March 2010 at 1:48pm
Hi i brought the phenom and im super happy with the gun but my problem lies with the flatline barrel every paint i try breaks whats up with this the barrel cost alot and all it does is break paint
Jollyroger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollyroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 3:57pm
One problem with the flatline is in needs top quailty paint. i use walmarts impact paitnballs and it works fine. havnt broken a ball yet. make sure the barrel is real clean. other than that im not sure
98 Custom Platinum
Flatline
Bipod
Adjustible Stock
Rufus Dawg Wicked Front Bolt/Power Tube
Expansion Chamber
M4 Style Handle/Sight
Taco Speed Hopper
20 OZ CO2 Tank W/Neoprene Cover
All Camoed
Hitman209 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 7:09pm
There Is a problem with the Flatline on the Phenom. The way that the air moves through the gun with the new flex valve affects the ball in a negative way and causes them to break. I was having the same problem and Tippmann is working on the problem.
Wipers are Cheaters!
Access View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Access Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:27pm
Interesting. I put the standard X-7 flatline on the phenom and it's been okay or awful depending on the paint I shoot. With small bore paint (.682) the balls are basically all over the place, corkscrewing, off target, breaking in the barrel, etc. With standard bore paint (~.691) I was doing okay. The barrel works and I get the intended flatline effect. It seems like it might break paint a little more on the Phenom than the A-5, but I haven't used the flatline a whole lot so it's hard to quantify at this point.
KUSH-D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KUSH-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 7:44pm
found another forum with someone with the same problem look here
http://www.x7og.net/phenom-tech-help/21571-phenom-flatline-ball-breaks-tippmann-fixing.html

Kopkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:20pm
I would guess that because of the new valve and the same 'old' design of the flatline that is why there are so many barrel breaks. I haven't opened up a phenom but the bolt might not push the paintball into the barrel the same way as the old bolt/valve/hammer system. Change something small and it can affect something in a big way.
Access View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Access Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2010 at 1:14pm
All right I tested this out one more time yesterday and had no problems whatsoever. At the end of the day I set up the phenom with the X7 flatline and fired off a whole pod (~120 balls). Not a single one broke. Paint used was Toxic by WPN. Of course it uses a lot more air to get to get to 285fps in the flatline than the freak with a perfect paint/barrel match. But I had no problems with reliability, breakage, etc.

Earlier when I was having problems with breakage what I did was pull out my bolt and make sure the thing on the back end of the bolt that looks like a rocket thruster tightened down. It tends to come loose when you adjust the velocity, and if it's loose, I've found it throws off a lot of things in the Phenom. I would get balls breaking in the cyclone, the breech, basically everywhere when it was even slightly loose. But with that fixed the prognosis for the flatline is looking good, I'll try using it in actual combat this coming weekend.

Edited by Access - 29 March 2010 at 1:14pm
Coldstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coldstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 12:05am
Hi everyone,

Personally i own a X7 Phenom with flatline barrel.....the first time i use it...i had trouble targeting becoz my shots go different direction all the time and after that i get to know that flatline ideal is 260fps....can anyone confirm this? Thank you Smile
Access View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Access Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 3:47am
Coldstone what kind of paint were you shooting?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic