Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 leaking after polish job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JoelTGM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoelTGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 2:44pm
Follow this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5e2PnY8dC4
monsterbind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterbind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 11:33pm
I personaly didn't take the gun apart but when we did after about an hour of use it sealed itself and then works fine but untill then I can hear a hiss when I put my head by the cyclone feed
weiss_1172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiss_1172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 11:42pm
You may still need to take the power tube out and remove the valve out and dissassemble the valve body, and check and see if the rubber on the inner valve is not scratched.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiss_1172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 11:54pm
if you go to tippmannpros.com and click on the upgrade button scroll down to tippmann and then scroll down to tippmann again go to the second page scroll down to the last picture and you will see a picture of the plunger valve if the rubber part is damaged in any way you will need to replace it.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 10:43am

Taking apart a valve is not something I would necessarily recommend for a new player. It is rare that the o-rings or seals inside the valve go bad. I have had several A-5's that  were 5+ years old, and none of them leaked. More than likely leaks are attributable to bad tombstone o-rings, bolt resting on the valve pin (you should cock the marker prior to airing up), dirt or other debri in the marker, lack of oil, or low air causing the bolt not to reset and again pushing against the valve pin. There is no design flaw in the A5 that causes leaks.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiss_1172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 10:40pm
Well I'm fairly new to the sport I've owned my A5 for only 2 months and that same day I took the whole thing apart I stripped it down to bare metal and plastic parts, but thats me. I polished my a5 3 weeks after I bought it and thats when I had my leaking problem and thats when I was pounding the pavement to get some answers and all it was for me at least it was my air tank that was low on air.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 10:53am
Disassembling the marker and learning the parts is always a good idea and I recommend it to every marker owner. You can't fix it, if you don't know how it works. The exception to this is taking apart the valve. Unless it's leaking or causing problems, there is really no need to ever take it apart. The seals rarely go bad in my experience and there is more chance of mucking it up than doing any good. When it comes to the valve, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. As for polishing the internals, other than making it look pretty, I have seen no real evidence that this really improves performance either. Again, just another opportunity to screw something up if you don't know what you're doing.

Regardless, glad you were able to solve your issue.  
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic