Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phenom cyclone not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phenom cyclone not working
    Posted: 15 February 2010 at 1:19pm

I am very new to the whole paintball thing and wanted a marker. I purchased a Phenom about 2 weeks ago and my friend yesterday came over with some paintballs to test it out. The gun is currently running on CO2 with a remote line. The gun will fire about 6 shots (doesnt matter if on auto or single fire) and then the cyclone will not advance anymore balls.  The cyclone propeller twitches but refuses to move. When you click the manual feed it can do a complete revolution. When I use the manual feed it will fire a ball no problem. I have also used this gun inside without the use of balls to see if it was temperature related and the cyclone does the same thing.  Help is needed.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2010 at 5:16pm

Standard answer when using a remote line, is did you try using the marker with the tank directly on the marker.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Sok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2010 at 5:44pm
I did try to hook it directly with a different CO2 tank as well. No dice
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2010 at 6:34pm
I remember someone mentioning the direction of the fitting on the right hand side. Make sure there are no kinks in the line. If it's turned a certain way, the line can kink and disrupt airflow. Also, have you choronoed the marker? Is it hitting the right FPS? Make sure the screw that holds the paddles on the cyclone isn't too tight as well.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 15 February 2010 at 6:34pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Sok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 8:17am
I did loosen the screw a little but and it didnt help. I have yet to choron the gun. I was thinking about buying a HPA tank because Tippman stated that the cyclone might be freezeing. Thanks for the help
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 8:27am

While HPA is a good idea, the cyclone should not be freezing after only a few shots.

Sok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 8:53am
I spoke to another tippman tech a few minutes ago he stated the screws on the bottom of the cyclone might be too tight as well so i am going to try that. Hopefully it works or I am going to send it off to tippmann for them to look at it.
jonh87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonh87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 8:41pm

J ai moi aussi le meme probleme mais je pense pas que les vis trop serres soient mis en cause

jonh87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonh87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 8:50pm
Si quelqu un peut m aider pour résoudre ce probleme je le remercie d avance sinon je l enverrai en garantie
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 10:21pm

The hose leading from the marker to the aluminum cylinder on the cyclone may be kinked. Grab the cylinder and rotate it out. Do a search, evil elvis has pictures if you are confused.

Sok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:53am

I did check to make sure my hose was not kinked. I ended up sending my phenom in for repair. Ill let you know what it was.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by jonh87 jonh87 wrote:

J ai moi aussi le meme probleme mais je pense pas que les vis trop serres soient mis en cause

J have to me also the same problem but I do not think that the screws too greenhouses are blamed

Originally posted by jonh87 jonh87 wrote:

Si quelqu un peut m aider pour résoudre ce probleme je le remercie d avance sinon je l enverrai en garantie

If quelqu one can m help to solve this problem I thank it D advances if not I L will send in guarantee

Babbelfish fails. Take it back to the store you bought it at before you send it in to Tippmann. They can usually help, unless its a big chain store.
GOMEZ15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOMEZ15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 8:08pm
^^^ bueno traducción. yo es  mejicano.
FORUM snowboarding
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 12:19am
mis zapatos estan en la bibliotecha con tu estados y gato
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 12:54pm
mi lapiz es azul.  Sorry, it's all I remember from HS Spanish.
jonh87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonh87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:13am
J ai vu mon revendeur et le probleme est simple le x7 phenom marche a l air comprimé et pas au co2 hormis l été ou lors de températures vraiment douces.Il faut savoir que l utilisation du co2 endommage les joints
jonh87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonh87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:41am
Google traductions are very strange!!!!
Sok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 8:48am
gun was returned from tippmann. They replace teh value in the gun. All is good now
Willy 123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy 123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 6:03pm
Try your velocity adjustment,if set too low clyclone feed will not have enough air preasure to advance .
BlackH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 8:54am

THANK YOU IT WORKED!!!!!

if you shoot with the air on your gun it seems that the velocity is say 280 with bottle on the gun and 240 with remote coil on so my velocity was so low. I set it up and my cyclone works now BUT our close games is crono at 240 so if it does not work at 240 then I don’t know

Will let you ouks know soon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic