Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ZzPaintballer89zZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZzPaintballer89zZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann Alpha Black
    Posted: 10 February 2010 at 7:23pm
i just bought an alpha black marker. its a great marker and i recommend it. i am having some problems though.  the thing that locks the feed neck into place on the marker just fell out. i have the parts and i have taken the marker apart several times to try and put it back together. the parts wont fit back together, and when i go to to put the linkage arm arm back on, the whole marker wont fit back together. its laying in my room in two halves right now. if someone could please help me out that would be great. i will probably take it to my local paintball store for repair. or send it back to the company.
Lord-Catboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:11pm
I did the same thing, I was taking it open to look at the internals and see if I could tamper with the firing mechanism to make it full auto. And the springy thing came out. Then one of my springs broke in the back. It was only 5 days, So what I did, Is I called up my friend danniel and he said just take it back. So I made shure the gun wouldnt cock back, Went back to were I bought it from and said the gun wouldnt stay cocked, And I traded it for a new one.
May have been a <<KRL>> move. But the store was called "Dick's Sporting Goods"

<< watch the language>>

Edited by Evil Elvis - 10 February 2010 at 10:22pm
United States Blackfox Corperation: Heaven doesnt want us. Hells afraid we'll take over.
ZzPaintballer89zZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZzPaintballer89zZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:20pm
yeah that was one of the things i was considering doing to
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by ZzPaintballer89zZ ZzPaintballer89zZ wrote:

i just bought an alpha black marker. its a great marker and i recommend it. i am having some problems though.  the thing that locks the feed neck into place on the marker just fell out. i have the parts and i have taken the marker apart several times to try and put it back together. the parts wont fit back together, and when i go to to put the linkage arm arm back on, the whole marker wont fit back together. its laying in my room in two halves right now. if someone could please help me out that would be great. i will probably take it to my local paintball store for repair. or send it back to the company.
 Take the manual out, do an inventory and make sure you have all of the parts. If you do, again use the manual as a reference and try to put it back together properly. It may take a couple of times, but you need to learn how to take the marker apart and put it back together to properly clean/service it. If you are still unable to do it, take it to your local paintball store and see if they will help you and give you a quick tutorial on how to do it. You may have to pay them a small fee to do it, especially if you didn't buy the marker from them, but the knowledge you will gain is invaluable in keeping your marker working properly.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Lord-Catboy Lord-Catboy wrote:

I did the same thing, I was taking it open to look at the internals and see if I could tamper with the firing mechanism to make it full auto. And the springy thing came out. Then one of my springs broke in the back. It was only 5 days, So what I did, Is I called up my friend danniel and he said just take it back. So I made shure the gun wouldnt cock back, Went back to were I bought it from and said the gun wouldnt stay cocked, And I traded it for a new one.
May have been a <<KRL>> move. But the store was called "Dick's Sporting Goods"

<< watch the language>>

So you bought something, didn't read the manual, broke it, then broke it some more (intentionally) instead of trying to fix it just so you could return it and pretend it wasn't your fault.  And, judging by the fact that you not only posted it here but did so in a manner that makes you seem you are recommending that others engage in similar behavior, you see nothing wrong with this.  Wow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 8:40pm
Correction. I broke it more un intentionally.
I did indeed try to fix it, I sat there for 4 hours trying to solve the problem but every time I got one thing fixed something else happened and it just kept going in a cycle. So I gave up and took out one of the springs so it wouldnt cock back and got a new one.

United States Blackfox Corperation: Heaven doesnt want us. Hells afraid we'll take over.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 8:42pm

Correction. I broke it more un intentionally.
I did indeed try to fix it, I sat there for 4 hours trying to solve the problem but every time I got one thing fixed something else happened and it just kept going in a cycle. So I gave up and took out one of the springs so it wouldnt cock back and got a new one.

The bolded part sounds pretty intentional to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 8:48pm
Lets put it like this. If you go off and spend 130 dollars on an item, Not get to use it becuase something un intentionall happened, then you spend 4 hours trying to fix it and it goes no where.
What the heck would you do? Would you just loose the 130 dollars? The company will live. They make ALOT of profits each day. My little misguided act did not affect them in the longrun.
I took the spring out becuase it was bent and twistid anyways, It stopped fitting without problem and whenever I left it in the gun wouldnt fire. So I took it out and gave it back.

Since the insident, I have not touched ANYTHING on that gun with a tool.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 8:55pm

Lets put it like this. If you go off and spend 130 dollars on an item, Not get to use it becuase something un intentionall happened, then you spend 4 hours trying to fix it and it goes no where.
What the heck would you do?

Have it fixed and pay for it if necessary because it was my fault.

Would you just loose the 130 dollars?

No, I doubt it would cost more than a few bucks to have it fixed.  (Heck, Tippmann would probably have fixed it for free despite the fact that it was your fault, they're pretty good that way.)

The company will live.

Not the point.  The point is there is no justification for dishonest behavior.

They make ALOT of profits each day.

Weak justification.

My little misguided act did not affect them in the longrun.

Probably true, but it's an even weaker justification.

I took the spring out becuase it was bent and twistid anyways, It stopped fitting without problem and whenever I left it in the gun wouldnt fire.

And this makes it the companys fault how?

So I took it out and gave it back.

. . . intentionally giving the store the false impression that it was faulty merchandise.

Since the insident, I have not touched ANYTHING on that gun with a tool.

Probably for the best.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 9:05pm
When I was 13 and screwed up my 98 Custom, I sat there.....and fixed it. I still have the same marker, and It will still shoot like a dream.

Believe it or not, forcing yourself to fix quirky things pays off in the long run.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 4:59am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

When I was 13 and screwed up my 98 Custom, I sat there.....and fixed it. I still have the same marker, and It will still shoot like a dream.

Believe it or not, forcing yourself to fix quirky things pays off in the long run.
agreed.  yo learn more that way and can fix later problems much more easily.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:09am
I'm really, really sorry about this, but how braindead do you have to be to spend 4 hours looking at a marker of the 98 line and not be able to get it fixed? Unless you've got a stripped screw or something missing, there's no excuse if you just spent the money on it......especially since they come with a manual for crying out loud.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I'm really, really sorry about this, but how braindead do you have to be to spend 4 hours looking at a marker of the 98 line and not be able to get it fixed? Unless you've got a stripped screw or something missing, there's no excuse if you just spent the money on it......especially since they come with a manual for crying out loud.

Springs were twisting in it and a piece got lost in the thick carpet. Which I found the next day.

I WOULD have contacted tippmann and had them repair it. But The next day we had a big game planned. So to go off the next day and just get a new one was justification enough for me.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 2:27pm

Springs were twisting in it and a piece got lost in the thick carpet. Which I found the next day.

I WOULD have contacted tippmann and had them repair it. But The next day we had a big game planned. So to go off the next day and just get a new one was justification enough for me.

Translation:  "I have no integrity and can justify any heinous behavior as long as it suits my personal desires."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Translation:  "I have no integrity and can justify any heinous behavior as long as it suits my personal desires."
Integrety. Yes.
Selfish. Yes.
Justify my wrong behavior. No, I have no reason to justify my actions to you. The only reason I have is out of respect. But if you honest to god can not show a slight bit of respect back. Then ill stop justifying my actions and get off this forum of dickwads, I have always heard the term splatball from people of the age 50-70, People who played before me, And most likely if you have been playing for 25 years, Before you. That is were I get the term from.
North Carolina Noobs? I just moved here from NY.
The people here at my new field are actually a step up from the people I played with back in NY.

Pure and simple. I do realize what I dad was wrong. I have done plenty of wrong things. But honestly. I could give a rats ass about you or anyone else. It's called being selfish. And not giving a damn.

I understand the Value of a dollar. That's the reason I did it.
If I had of sent it in I would have had to pay shipping and handling Plus I would have to wait 2-3 weeks of time of which I did not have becuase 5 days after the insident, I wouldnt have gotten it back.

I love how you all like to greet your new forum members with disrespect for something that did not affect you or anyone else on this forum.

Just a way of showing how I respond to disrespect.

Anywho Good luck.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 4:38pm
"I just moved here from NY."
Mack, do not associate him with other New Yorkers...particularly me and a few others here at the forum.

Edited by Ceesman762 - 12 February 2010 at 4:39pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

"I just moved here from NY."
Mack, do not associate him with other New Yorkers...particularly me and a few others here at the forum.

I had not, and will not, do so.

I do realize what I dad was wrong. I have done plenty of wrong things. But honestly. I could give a rats <butt> about you or anyone else. It's called being selfish. And not giving a <darn>.

Respect is earned.  The above is not how.

Edited by Mack - 12 February 2010 at 4:54pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2010 at 8:27am

Originally posted by LC LC wrote:

I love how you all like to greet your new forum members with disrespect for something that did not affect you or anyone else on this forum.

Why is it that new players without a clue think they can come onto this forum, give unqualified bad advice and think that no one is going to call them out on it? Wow.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2010 at 11:30am
Because they're "special."

On a serious note I'm beginning to think LC is either a troll personality for a current forumer or someone who is not old enough/barely old enough to be on the forum.

I'm leaning toward the latter based on the fact that a lot of the bad advice/info offered is related to the type of stuff someone would read about on the internet and say "oh that's sooooo cool."

Oh, and because I forgot in my earlier post:

I have always heard the term splatball from people of the age 50-70, People who played before me, And most likely if you have been playing for 25 years, Before you. That is were I get the term from.

Not really all that likely. The game had its origins in a series of discussions that started in the mid-70s and the first game wasn't actually played until 1981.  (It wasn't played with markers designed for paintball, but with markers that were considered forestry equipment.  As a side note, they weren't even pumps, they were bolt action.)  NSG (National Survival Games) was formed to market the sport around the end of '81/beginning of '82 and it didn't really look like the business would survive until they managed to start franchising in late '83.  The game did not really take off until '85 when NSG introduced the Splatmaster, the first marker actually designed for the sport of paintball.  (With a plunger action that had a superior rate of fire to the older bolt action models.)

2010 - 1985 = 25.  (Or about the number of years I've been playing.)

And, regarding the term "splatballer"; citation needed.

Edited:  To add a cool link that covers most of what I mentioned in this post regarding paintball history.

Edited by Mack - 13 February 2010 at 2:06pm
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 1:07am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Originally posted by LC LC wrote:

Why is it that new players without a clue think they can come onto this forum, give unqualified bad advice and think that no one is going to call them out on it? Wow.
because most people give uninformed terrible advice in all of life's aspects.  I'm goin into psych and i see this in the advice given to others by many of my friends.  its terrible.
edit : that in no way justifies it though

Edited by thejudge - 18 February 2010 at 1:08am
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic