FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Truck project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2010 at 4:00pm
Yeah the first thing we did was pull the gas tank and move it to the bed in the form of a fuel cell. Gotta love the idea of keeping a fuel tank next to your driver, lol.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2010 at 5:06pm
room for the stereo now..booya
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 1:18pm
Ive always thought that a toolbox would make a neat place for a fuel cell.

This reminds me of this one Chevy I see at the cruise nights. Its a shortbed a few years newer, maybe late 70's. Im a ford guy so I dont study them. But anyway the guy has dragslicks, and a drag ready 4 speed with beer boxes for a center console. He also has bondoed holes in the side. I kinda love it.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 12:28am

Bowtie before I "customized" it:

After some good ol' spray paint and clearcoat:

No valve covers as of yet, you wouldn't believe how pricey a set of Bowtie valve covers is for Vortec heads. (Around a couple hundred bucks Confused) Air Gap intake is Professional Products, chose it over the Edelbrock because of the hundred dollar price difference. Hopefully I'll have the carb kit and valve covers ordered this week.

Now I'm on to the interior. I'll post pics after the swap meet in two weeks, hopefully by then I'll have the seat, carpet, windshield, and back glass.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 1:59pm

Lookin nice.

My dream builds are a 1980-86 Ford F100/150, regular cab shortbed twotone black on red, similar to my truck. Either a 300 i6 or 302/351w torquey enough to beat most stock cars off of the red light.

OR, a Corvette C3 with the early style notched tail(made until 73) and the urethane front(so most likely a 71-73). Then I want to build an aluminum Boss 302 to drop in, because I am crazy. Although I will never have the money to do this, and I will be murdered by a Corvette enthusiast before I started it anyway.

And as for 3000 GTs go, try driving in one first. My 60 something year old uncle has a worked VR4 that is scary fast, but I could never drive. Im 5'10'', 170 lbs and my head is in the sunvisor while riding shotgun.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic