FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Since we can't talk about girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Also, Link.

Palin said it's funny that Rush Limbaugh used the term "retard" to refer to liberal ideas because he was doing it to be funny, whereas Rahm Emanuel was using the word to be mean.

The blind eye that both camps are turning at the stupidity of their own lately is really disgusting.
I for one, find everyone to be an imbecile. Wink
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 12:13am
Independent Party '12
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Throw away my vote '12
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 2:41am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Not that anyone here takes Palin even slightly seriously, but if people here foam in rage at their President using a teleprompter, I wonder how this feels:

[video of Palin]

Not a fan of the video, but hey its lulzy.

My god, I feel embarrassed for her after watching that. I can sort of understand that maybe she just wanted to make sure she didn't forget anything but still....somebody that has probably set her sights on the next presidential election should not be writing notes on her hand. If you can't talk about this stuff without some sort of cheat sheet then you're not focused enough on it to be considered qualified for office, in my opinion. I think the question was about her priorities too. Shouldn't that be something you can just improvise if, for some reason, it wasn't just burned into your memory?

A part of me wants to like Sarah Palin because she seemed like somebody who at least had good intentions during the presidential election period (by that I mean she actually wanted to serve the people rather than herself) but the more I see of her now the more it seems like she's becoming just like every other politician/pundit. I think she's also heading too far to the right for my liking. I'm not a fan of people at either extreme as I think both are at least half wrong in their views. People need to just learn to stop trying to attach a label to themselves or to please some party and just do what they think is right, looking at each problem individually. I think she started out along that path but she won't hold up in an environment made up of the criminals and fools that make up our federal government. She'll go in thinking she can change things and that'll fizzle out quickly as she becomes part of the problem. That's how it always works sadly.

/end tired rant
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 5:17am
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

A part of me wants to like Sarah Palin because she seemed like somebody who at least had good intentions during the presidential election period (by that I mean she actually wanted to serve the people rather than herself) but the more I see of her now the more it seems like she's becoming just like every other politician/pundit. I think she's also heading too far to the right for my liking. I'm not a fan of people at either extreme as I think both are at least half wrong in their views. People need to just learn to stop trying to attach a label to themselves or to please some party and just do what they think is right, looking at each problem individually. I think she started out along that path but she won't hold up in an environment made up of the criminals and fools that make up our federal government. She'll go in thinking she can change things and that'll fizzle out quickly as she becomes part of the problem. That's how it always works sadly.

This. Exactly.

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 8:20am
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

I voted for Obama
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 10:55am
^^I don't believe either of you.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 11:10am
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I voted for Obama
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I voted for Obama
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Not that anyone here takes Palin even slightly seriously, but if people here foam in rage at their President using a teleprompter, I wonder how this feels:

[video of Palin]

Not a fan of the video, but hey its lulzy.

My god, I feel embarrassed for her after watching that. I can sort of understand that maybe she just wanted to make sure she didn't forget anything but still....somebody that has probably set her sights on the next presidential election should not be writing notes on her hand. If you can't talk about this stuff without some sort of cheat sheet then you're not focused enough on it to be considered qualified for office, in my opinion. I think the question was about her priorities too. Shouldn't that be something you can just improvise if, for some reason, it wasn't just burned into your memory?

/end tired rant

But she wears short skirts

I wear T-shirts

She's cheer captain

And I'm in the bleachers

Dreaming about the day when you wake up

And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

She wears high heels

I wear sneakers

She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers

Dreaming about the day when you wake up

And find that what what you're looking for has been here the whole time

Standing by and waiting at your back door

All this time

How could you not know

Baby you belong with me

You belong with me

You belong with me

Have you ever thought just maybe

You belong with me

You belong with

You belong with me...

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 12:47pm
The sad part is that the same public that could be tricked into voting for something as insubstantial as "hope" and "change" will probably also fall for "hot*" and "stupid."

*As far as politicians go.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

will probably also fall for "hot*" and "stupid."
Palin or Taylor Swift?
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

will probably also fall for "hot*" and "stupid."
Palin or Taylor Swift?

I'm pretty sure that goes for most women in the public eye.

(And for that matter, men too, I guess.)
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 1:24pm
mod98, she is now going too far right?

She has always been going to far right. Also, I never once noticed her actually wanting to help people. To me it always was that she was in it for herself.
Que pasa?

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 2:07pm

The sad part is that the same public that could be tricked into voting for something as insubstantial as "hope" and "change" will probably also fall for "hot*" and "stupid."

I'm not sure if the fact that she's a politician makes her seem hotter or not, but she's definitely the hottest female politician I've seen (the Governator being the hottest male one by a long shot).
BU Engineering 2012
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

To me it always was that she was in it for herself.

She gave me the impression, like Mod98 said, that she wanted to get into the national arena to actually do some good, but the system destroyed her, like it does to all who enter it. It was expected, and nobody really was shocked when it happened. I honestly think she thought she could help. When it became apparent that she could benefit along the way.....slippery slope to come back from.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 3:02pm
I don't think she went to the national arena any different than she is now. She was oblivious and ignorant, but thought she should run the country, and still does.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

I'm not sure if the fact that she's a politician makes her seem hotter or not, but she's definitely the hottest female politician I've seen (the Governator being the hottest male one by a long shot).

Just think; the next presidential primaries/elections could involve evening gown/swimsuit competitions with Sarah, Nancy and Hillary.  Confused
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 3:29pm
I for one am OUTRAGED that palin would write secret notes on her hand, obviously she has no conviction for the talking points she wanted to cover, as they weren't real, but instead something that had to be covered in order.

I think she should be kicked out of office. What does she think she can do for our country when she does stuff like this?...

And did you see her next note on her hand. Mocking the press, horrible. She shouldn't try to mock the media as this is SERIOUS business.
They tremble at my name...
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 3:33pm
you, sir, reek of sarcasm.

and if obama did this, you would be completely serious
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic