FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Proxies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proxies?
    Posted: 05 February 2010 at 10:41am
What are good, reputable proxies you guys use?  My University has blocked Facebook on the computers in the classrooms and I'd much rather stalk people than listen to statistics and econometrics.

The only reason I came here instead of using my Google-fu skills is because I'd rather not accidentally go to a shady proxy site to enter my login information through.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 11:56am
go to google and type in proxy bypass. thats what i used to do in school before they blocked all bypass websites
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 11:58am
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

go to google and type in proxy bypass. thats what i used to do in school before they blocked all bypass websites

Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

The only reason I came here instead of using my Google-fu skills is because I'd rather not accidentally go to a shady proxy site to enter my login information through.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 12:13pm
my point is that all you need to do is go to a site, type your destination in, it bypasses the block. i didnt have to enter any login nformation in
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 12:14pm
Quit slackin in class and do your studies
I ♣ hippies.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

my point is that all you need to do is go to a site, type your destination in, it bypasses the block. i didnt have to enter any login nformation in

I know how a proxy works.  It bypasses the block, but to continue bypassing the block, you browse the site through the proxy.  My goal was to get on Facebook where you do in fact have to log in.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 12:39pm
Sound sketchy to me.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 1:20pm
Search for some proxies and set firefox to use one of them.
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 1:59pm
http://www.atomintersoft.com/products/alive-proxy/proxy-list/

Maybe try browsing for a proxy from this site... got it from an article on Maximum PC's site. You could try searching for recommended proxies on Maximum PC's site too;  I know they've had articles where they've recommended specific proxies.

Edited by Rp Fr - 05 February 2010 at 1:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic