FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another vehiculat incident.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 6:13pm
can't you go after his insurance company for your repairs?

I don't know laws for your area.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 6:38pm
well, insurance said they COULD cover the damages, its all being assessed yet, so I don't know whats going to happen.

found a junkyard door though....$200.  

mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 9:15pm
That sucks dude. If that happened to me, I'd devote a good chunk of my free time finding a way to screw that guy hard just for being a prick. My first idea would be to setup a camera somewhere he couldn't see and catch him speeding into the place on several occasions. Maybe even get a radar gun from somewhere (friend?) to show the exact speed which, from your description, is likely unreasonable for that location. You may even get lucky and catch him in some other sort of fender bender that he blames on somebody else.

This guy sounds like such a d-bag that I think I'm willing to put in some money if it would help you get him screwed over hard and I'm a hair away from being broke right now.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Keying is not necessary. The front end of his car is already pretty screwed up. It wasn't intentional so I can't get too pissed, but the expense behind these accidents is what bothers me.

frankly, anytime someone is going over the speed limit and something like this happens, i consider it intentional. it is a blatant disregard for the laws that are posted there for a specific purpose.

bare in mind, i don't exclude myself from this. i understand that if i speed through a parking lot and hit a parked car with its door open, theres a good chance it was my fault. especially the second time around
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 1:22am

Sorry, I can't describe how to destroy someone elses property....  But if you saw it before I edited it, have fun.  Other than that fight the insc. part of it.  You shouldn't have to pay for him hitting your car.

Edited by Flurry - 06 February 2010 at 4:36am
It sucks being antisocial alone.
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 6:46am
Leave your old door in his parking space, if he has one.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 6:46am
Let me add a little more.

In the beginning, I assumed that this whole thing was my fault because no matter how fast the moron was going....I opened the door, and there was no way to prove that I didn't look first.
The more we looked at it, the door was hit on the EDGE of it, and still attached to the frame. If it had been open more than a few inches, he would have hit the INSIDE of the door and tore it from the hinges. It looks like I was about to be sideswiped, door open or not, although there's no way to prove it.

His insurance company is looking at my car sometime this week, in the meantime,  they're paying for me to ride around in a nice new corrolla rental.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 7:06am
Ouch. Replacing the fuel pump in a blazer is a pain. It's easy, if you have a floor jack you can do it yourself, it's just very time consuming.

Much easer to change one on an S10 since all you need to do is remove 6 or so bolts holding the truck bed on, get a couple of friends to lift it off the frame, and the fuel pump is right there.

Good luck with the jerk. I was in a fender bender once where even the police report blamed the other driver, but the insurance companies had a nice little war over it for something around a year.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Ouch. Replacing the fuel pump in a blazer is a pain. It's easy, if you have a floor jack you can do it yourself, it's just very time consuming.

Much easer to change one on an S10 since all you need to do is remove 6 or so bolts holding the truck bed on, get a couple of friends to lift it off the frame, and the fuel pump is right there.

Good luck with the jerk. I was in a fender bender once where even the police report blamed the other driver, but the insurance companies had a nice little war over it for something around a year.

I don't think there are any difficult parts to change in an S10.  Used to work with a ton of guys who had them, they're convenient little trucks.  Not something I would buy, but that's just because I need more seats.
BU Engineering 2012
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 10:49am
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

frankly, anytime someone is going over the speed limit and something like this happens, i consider it intentional. it is a blatant disregard for the laws that are posted there for a specific purpose.

This; which pretty much sums up my opinion on drinking and driving as well.

To add to what Enos said about doing the fuel pump yourself:  Don't do this without jackstands sufficient for the weight of the vehicle and whee chocks to prevent rolling.

And now a barely related story from the other day:

I was driving and got hit by a lady in a crosswalk.

Driving past a school during drop-off time and going well under the posted schools speed limit because those little elementary buggers just dart out of nowhere whenever they feel like it.  Turned out to be a good thing I was going slow because a dad dropping off (parked on the other side of the street from the school) decides to fling open his door forcing the car in front of me to slam on its brakes (probably not his fault-he seemed to be going under the speed limit as well) and unload several children on the road side of his vehicle.  I'm assuming that he did this because of the piled snow on the other side.  I had plenty of room to stop (the slow speed was a good thing) but the guy behind me didn't so I had to ease forward to almost on the bumper of the car in front of me while the guy behind me slid to a halt.  This left me in the middle of the crosswalk.  I'm setting there waiting for slow-dad to unload the kids when I hear "mommy, look out."  I look out the passenger side window just in time to see a woman holding a little girl's hand and walking with her head down walk into the side of the CRV.  When I put the window down to see if she was ok, she started berating me for blocking the crosswalk.  To her credit when I explained the situation and pointed out the vehicles to either side she did calm down and apologize.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

This; which pretty much sums up my opinion on drinking and driving as well.

To add to what Enos said about doing the fuel pump yourself:  Don't do this without jackstands sufficient for the weight of the vehicle and whee chocks to prevent rolling.

And now a barely related story from the other day:

I was driving and got hit by a lady in a crosswalk.

Driving past a school during drop-off time and going well under the posted schools speed limit because those little elementary buggers just dart out of nowhere whenever they feel like it.  Turned out to be a good thing I was going slow because a dad dropping off (parked on the other side of the street from the school) decides to fling open his door forcing the car in front of me to slam on its brakes (probably not his fault-he seemed to be going under the speed limit as well) and unload several children on the road side of his vehicle.  I'm assuming that he did this because of the piled snow on the other side.  I had plenty of room to stop (the slow speed was a good thing) but the guy behind me didn't so I had to ease forward to almost on the bumper of the car in front of me while the guy behind me slid to a halt.  This left me in the middle of the crosswalk.  I'm setting there waiting for slow-dad to unload the kids when I hear "mommy, look out."  I look out the passenger side window just in time to see a woman holding a little girl's hand and walking with her head down walk into the side of the CRV.  When I put the window down to see if she was ok, she started berating me for blocking the crosswalk.  To her credit when I explained the situation and pointed out the vehicles to either side she did calm down and apologize.

Should have backed up and come around for another pass with the bumper.
BU Engineering 2012
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

I'll go one better. Get a small brass plaque made, mount it on your old door, and march into his office and present it to him publicly.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 6:05pm
i guess i should add that im not saying its your fault reb, the dumbass should've been looking where he was going. if i had a dollar for everytime someone did something stupid on the expressway i'd have enough cash to strap a laser beam on top of my car.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 1:00am
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

I'll go one better. Get a small brass plaque made, mount it on your old door, and march into his office and present it to him publicly.

Ask him to autograph it for you.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 1:30pm
Enos, Im planning on replacing a gas tank, shocks, leafs and U joints on my shortbed F150 when it becomes warm. How difficult  was it taking off the bed? I imagine the wiring is a PITA .

Mind you, I understand an S10 and an F150 are two different vehicles, but its still a frame and bed...

Reb, Keep the door in your office. Hang it on the wall.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic