Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carver One from US Army Paintball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lord-Catboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 11:10am
Well, Just like he said, Aperrently its supposed to be a Baretta CX4 Storm Carbine, if the stock for it came out, Then it would seem more logical, But the CAR stock looks kinda dumb on it. And with that note, I dont at all care for tippmanns Folding CAR stocks for the US army guns.
Practical to a certant purpose but your better off just putting your stock down all the way, I also have to much of a problem with folding stocks, I always manage to break them so they wont stay locked in reg pos.
United States Blackfox Corperation: Heaven doesnt want us. Hells afraid we'll take over.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 12:16pm
CAR stocks don't fold^^^^
they are retractable.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

CAR stocks don't fold^^^^
they are retractable.
The tippmann project salvo CAR stock.
I might not have been clear, But any idiot who doesnt know that a CAR stock retracts, Shouldnt play paintball.
The tippmann project salvo stock is shown in  the picture, To me I dont like this stock, Becuase it folds. In my opinion Folding stocks are okay, But a folding CAR stock is just gay..
United States Blackfox Corperation: Heaven doesnt want us. Hells afraid we'll take over.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 7:00pm
Not a fan of the stock on the Salvo.  I do however prefer folding to collapsing.  (Makes for easier storage.)  If you want a folding stock that won't break, check out BT or JCS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 8:49pm
I perfer Retracting. It works better for me when I rush.
The folding makes the gun wobble all over the place when its folded anyways. Kinda pointless becuase the guns are top heavy from the paint.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Will it accept the Cyclone?

No it wont It has a new Feedneck. This is meant to be a Noob gun, replacing the Alpha Black Basic on the US Army Line up.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Will it accept the Cyclone?

No it wont It has a new Feedneck. This is meant to be a Noob gun, replacing the Alpha Black Basic on the US Army Line up.
Just get an ARC loader.  No electronics and should keep up with this gun no problem.  A great way to have a backup gun that is ready no matter what.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 9:12am

I was thinking more about the E-grip model. I doubt any gravity fed would keep up with it.  I'd like to get ahold of one and see if it would be possible to mod a cylcone to fit.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord-Catboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 12:58pm
Looks like It would be worth while investing in one as an "Insurance Policy"
AKA A backup gun.
Only Lord knows when Ill break my alpha black. But A backup rifle would be nice.
The look of it aint all to great though. Someone definantly needs to base a mod off this.
swede21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 4:33pm
so will this have a drop-open elbow like the 98's?

and i agree with mack: the pro-lite sliding forgrip/elbow was the best!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 5:02pm
I can tell you guys right now, the Carver One isnt going to replace the ABT at all, because more players (New & Old) are buying the ABT, Salvo, Bravo and Sierra One, this can clearly be seen in the ABT Forum and Tippmann's Face Book Page.

Also, an old trend is slowly making its way back into the MilSim Realm...and thats adding a working Ammo Box to the ABT/Salvo, which only means that the use of the Cyclone and or Hopper will no longer be needed.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 3:56pm
I recently read a post in the Alpha Black Forum, that Tippmann is not going to make the Cyclone available for the Carver One..is this True?
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
checkerdman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkerdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 10:28am
does the carver take 98s barrel if not wat kind of barrel?
Moto13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moto13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 9:23pm
I'm just starting with the fun that is paintball. 
I'm buying a Carver One because it's something I can afford, it has a built in foregrip vs a front grip which never feels right to me (and on no other tippmann model can I completely remove the front grip), and because it has basically the same innards as the Alpha Black, which I've borrowed on two occasions and trust.

The question I have is about barrels.  I've seen posts where its stated that 98C threads are accepted, but in descriptions of barrels all over the net, they don't destinguish between Tippmann 98 models.  How do I know which barrels really fit?  Also, since I've never used any other barrels, what quick suggestions can you make?

I'm not looking for longer distance (I know that's not possible without a flatline, which doesn't fit the Carver One), but more accuracy.

1. How do I distinguish which barrels from Tippmann or other brands will fit?
2. Suggestions for barrels?

Let's get this paintball career started off with the right marker. Thanks!
Life is not about what you have to do, it's about what you WANT to do!
Israel Torres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israel Torres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 12:45pm
Hello All (this is my first post).

In my research phase I was looking around for Carver One w/ eGrip videos and couldn't find any. I queried the tippmann account on twitter but they didn't have one either so after buying it off the tippmann site and prepping for a game the following day my son took some video on his iphone demonstrating me firing the Carver One w/ eGrip using a ViewLoader Force feeder ($35). I'm using a third party two point sling a(20$) and the salvo stock ($40). 

Hopefully my youtube demo video can help folks decide how cool this inexpensive solution is for paintballers like me that go on occasion to walk-on games: 

Tippmann U.S. Army Carver One Demonstration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgvTTKD3v8I 

Thanks,
Israel Torres
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic