FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What'chu wearing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 12:43am
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 2:18am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Maybe to walk down a shoveled sidewalk, but dry socks in tennis shoes dont stay dry for very long around here.
I love in the northeast. I know how snow works.

Then you must enjoy cold, wet feet. That, or you don't leave your house.
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 7:16am
Im with Jmac. Winter here does not mean you need boots. I have went this winter with only my trusty DVS(nothing els thouch my glorious footsies) and have not had a problem with wet socks. You guys are all just puds that seem to walk through snowbanks or something.
I ♣ hippies.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 7:40am
Obviously, you can get by with shoes in the snow, but what about those mornings when it snows too hard and fast for the sidewalks to be shoveled by the time I have to walk to class?

I walk a few blocks from where I park. Trust me, I want those boots. I have to commute to school, so if my feet get wet in the morning, then they're going to be wet most of the day.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 9:38am
You shoe wearers are just jealous.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 11:47am
Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

I've got a pair of those.  Only use them for running though.

Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

You shoe wearers are just jealous.

I agree with this.

I walk or bike across the Mass Ave bridge basically daily.  When it's snowy or wet out, shoes will not cut it.
BU Engineering 2012
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 12:16pm

They make walking on a grease strewn floor feel like walking on solid tarmac.

Edited by tallen702 - 02 February 2010 at 12:17pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Obviously, you can get by with shoes in the snow, but what about those mornings when it snows too hard and fast for the sidewalks to be shoveled by the time I have to walk to class?

I walk a few blocks from where I park. Trust me, I want those boots. I have to commute to school, so if my feet get wet in the morning, then they're going to be wet most of the day.
Word. I hear yah. This year in Toronto there has been barley any snow, not nearly enough to break out the boots in my area.
I ♣ hippies.
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 6:52pm
Currently wearing some cheap Wal-mart bought work boots.
They're "Brahma" or something like that.  Need to get some new ones sometime, as these have lasted two years now, and they're looking pretty ragged.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 9:23pm
The snow here is cleaned off the sidewalks so fast. It's amazing. I'll be up at 7 in the morning and the sidewalks are already cleared. Gotta love a college that doesn't believe in closing due to snow.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

The snow here is cleaned off the sidewalks so fast. It's amazing. I'll be up at 7 in the morning and the sidewalks are already cleared. Gotta love a college that doesn't believe in closing due to snow.

Our sidewalks are "clear" of snow.  By clear I mean covered in ice.
BU Engineering 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic