Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apple is at it again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple is at it again
    Posted: 26 January 2010 at 5:51pm
And this time, its video games.

link
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 6:13pm

We've had computer games since the late 50's.

We've had online browser quality games pretty much since the invention of internet.

We've had tablet PC's since the 80's.

This is nothing new.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 6:23pm
Meh, I dont think it'll revolutionize gaming or anything. As carl said it's nothing new, it's just a pretty new application of it.
Besides, the iPhone already is a pretty much legit gaming platform, one of the most common/ popular handhelds for sure. I don't see this being much more "revolutionary" than what that can already do in terms of gaming.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 10:54pm
Yeah, sorry, the tablet won't take over the gaming market.  Especially an Apple tablet.
BU Engineering 2012
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 11:21pm
Well apple is so well known for their extrordinary gaming.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 11:38pm
I see a lot of people play games like WoW on their macbooks. No problems at all. I don't see why people have such a fuss over it.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I see a lot of people play games like WoW on their macbooks. No problems at all. I don't see why people have such a fuss over it.

For serious?

Pretty sure my wrist watch has enough computing power to play wow.

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 26 January 2010 at 11:49pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 11:46pm

It's an old joke about not being able to game on macs. Everyone gets that you can run windows, or mac games just fine now.

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 11:47pm
For all intents and purposes, Macs and PCs have essentially the same hardware specs.  They shouldn't have any problem running games that any PC could.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

It's an old joke about not being able to game on macs. Everyone gets that you can run windows, or mac games just fine now.

Question on this actually.

Do you still, for the most part, need to buy separate games for osx or do all games work on both windows and osx now?

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:01am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Do you still, for the most part, need to buy separate games for osx or do all games work on both windows and osx now?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are many games ported over to MAC OS.  You either have to run an emulator or have a dual-boot with Windows.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:01am

What I meant to say was you can run windows (and windows games then), and mac games (on os x)
You do need seperate games, for sure, blizzard is one of the few companies that puts both versions on the same disk (or at least used to?)

EA made some thing about releasing titles for mac at the same time, but its not noticeable, or maybe they just dont make what I want?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:04am
Just think of my awesome Peggle scores when i'm playing on a tablet!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:05am

What I meant to say was you can run windows (and windows games then), and mac games (on os x)
You do need seperate games, for sure, blizzard is one of the few companies that puts both versions on the same disk (or at least used to?)

EA made some thing about releasing titles for mac at the same time, but its not noticeable, or maybe they just dont make what I want?

So then why would I buy an apple computer if I was a computer gamer?

Since I would have to run windows anyways, wouldn't that negate the only (theoretical) advantage of buying an Apple computer: the OS? Aren't I just left with overpriced, underpowered hardware on a computer running windows?

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:07am
Why would any one want to play a FPS with one mouse button?

Yes, I am aware that one can plug in another mouse and use it instead.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:11am

Since I would have to run windows anyways, wouldn't that negate the only (theoretical) advantage of buying an Apple computer: the OS? Aren't I just left with overpriced, underpowered hardware on a computer running windows?

The OS is a big advantage, in my opinion, OS X is a far better and more reliable operating system. Well, more reliable has already been debated on here, generally siding that because of the hardware control, yes it is.

But then you can easily run both OS's depending on what you're doing.

Also, underpowered? No.

I run L4D2, CSS, TF2, BF2, and more on my laptop just fine, and I've seen COD4 on them too.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:13am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Just think of my awesome Peggle scores when i'm playing on a tablet!!!

Better than trying to play it on a 360.

Oh and compared to my computer, they are definitely underpowered for gaming, chewp.

Edited by High Voltage - 27 January 2010 at 12:14am
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:18am
Sometimes, Choopies comes across as the Mac FE.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:25am

So you can get out of the house and live the real life. I actually am not too much of a fan to gaming, especially computer gaming. I rarely play console games anymore.

Originally posted by God God wrote:

Sometimes, Choopies comes across as the Mac FE.

Atleast choop backs up his argument and doesn't just pop up then leave.

Edited by RoboCop - 27 January 2010 at 12:26am

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 12:32am
And my font size is consistant, and I don't think jesus made my laptop, and when I broke its screen I watched it glow and heal itself.

And if you say they're underpowered, fine, but when I bought it it was peachy, and I still haven't had a problem yet with gaming.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic