FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apple is at it again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 6:07pm
anyone who says the red ring of death isnt bad, is either a fan boy or stupid. Buying a product that you know is going to break is ridicules.
<1 meg sig = bad>
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 6:13pm
MS admitted 50% fail rate.

IPad....hehehehehe. I don't believe this will become a gaming device because I have my doubts that it will be popular enough.

The IPhone has the potential to kick off Nintendo and Sony in the handheld market because of the devises capabilities. But this tablet will do nothing in the way of hardcore gaming. One of many reasons being that it has no video output.

Edited by Monk - 27 January 2010 at 6:14pm
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

MS admitted 50% fail rate.

IPad....hehehehehe. I don't believe this will become a gaming device because I have my doubts that it will be popular enough.

The IPhone has the potential to kick off Nintendo and Sony in the handheld market because of the devises capabilities. But this tablet will do nothing in the way of hardcore gaming. One of many reasons being that it has no video output.

it really doesn't the iphone is a terrible gaming platform. Its a gimmick people will get over it fast. (the gaming part, not the phone part)

Edited by FROG MAN - 27 January 2010 at 6:34pm
<1 meg sig = bad>
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Going back to the e-book reader thread recently, I am truly surprised that apple made a reading device a standard lcd screen. I'm sure it was in the interest of price, but an OLED screen would have been much more interesting, and a more favorable choice, imo.

It's not just a reading device, so making an e-Ink screen would cripple every other feature of the device. Also OLED has disadvantages for the type of device that it is, so an IPS screen like it has suits it better. Especially since apple is big on colour.

E-ink display is horrible for anything except a dedicated book reader, like the Kindle or Nook.

OLED is a great, crisp full color display. Many new portable devices are using it, like the Motorla Droid, the google Nexus 1, and the Zune HD. It's also being used in some car dashes. The only downside for OLED is the price, which is still significantly higher than LCD equivalents.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

MS admitted 50% fail rate.IPad....hehehehehe. I don't believe this will become a gaming device because I have my doubts that it will be popular enough.The IPhone has the potential to kick off Nintendo and Sony in the handheld market because of the devises capabilities. But this tablet will do nothing in the way of hardcore gaming. One of many reasons being that it has no video output.
it really doesn't the iphone is a terrible gaming platform. Its a gimmick people will get over it fast. (the gaming part, not the phone part)

Again, you're playing the wrong games. It's a great gaming platform if you're not a moron.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 7:47pm

MS admitted 50% fail rate.IPad....hehehehehe. I don't believe this will become a gaming device because I have my doubts that it will be popular enough.The IPhone has the potential to kick off Nintendo and Sony in the handheld market because of the devises capabilities. But this tablet will do nothing in the way of hardcore gaming. One of many reasons being that it has no video output.

Again, you're playing the wrong games. It's a great gaming platform if you're not a moron.

I don't get how people judge the iPhone as a gimmick...it's simply the controls that you're used to using on a touch screen instead of physical. If anything it's limitless...most iPhone shooters and action games I've tried give you various control schemes.

The handheld market has been in need of renovating for a long time...in fact, the iPhone answered that question for several markets.

With a hardware boost and maybe a slightly larger screen / external control option (which I believe is already in the works via Bluetooth-? Don't hold me to it though) the iPhone could easily send Nintendo and Sony back to the drawing boards.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 7:54pm
So how many of the major game companies are developing for the iPhone?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

So how many of the major game companies are developing for the iPhone?

ALL OF THEM!

And by that I mean...EA? Maybe Activision....that's probably it. But hey cmon HV, you of all people should know major game company != good games, just like unknown game company != bad games.

Yes theres lots of crud out there, but theres TONS of ways of avoiding the crud and finding the gold.

Now obviously its not a replacement or even on par with a real game system or console, but its not supposed to be.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 8:53pm

Calling me a moron? I love how your such a calm and collected person unless the topic is apple.

I cant prove that the iPhone is a terrible gaming platform, It suffers from the same problem as the Wii. It looks so good on paper, everyone has one, there is a TON of games, and it makes loads of money. So everyone assumes its a great gaming platform. Unless take off the fanboy glasses and auctully see the quality of the games and how it does not play well at all. 

Compared to the DS or the PSP its a terrible system, the only thing that keeps remotely interesting is quantity of games and the fact that its your phone.
<1 meg sig = bad>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 9:03pm
I'm not calling you a moron, I'm calling people who cant figure out decent games morons, because it's seriously ridiculously easy.

However, I do find it quite amusing that you're saying the Wii and the iPhone aren't any good, when they're the best selling options on the market. Someone's wrong, and I think it's you.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 9:34pm

Apparently Rockstar likes it, GTA Chinatown Wars hits iPhone to good reviews and a 10 dollar pricetag.

Check out IGN's iPhone page and spend a few minutes looking around at previous and upcoming apps. It's not earthshattering, but considering the relative short time Apple's been at this (compared to, say, a veteran such as Nintendo) I'd say developers are flocking to it pretty fast.

I'm not fanboying by any means-see my earlier comments about the iPhone-but there's no denying developers like the iPhone. It's quick, easy money for a relatively short development cycle.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 9:37pm

I'm not calling you a moron, I'm calling people who cant figure out decent games morons, because it's seriously ridiculously easy.

However, I do find it quite amusing that you're saying the Wii and the iPhone aren't any good, when they're the best selling options on the market. Someone's wrong, and I think it's you.

I dont think you read my post, but its not the iphones or the wiis quality in gaming that made them successful.
<1 meg sig = bad>
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 12:26am
Chewp, you can create the most appealing product without it being the best. Don't get me wrong, the gadgets have their merits, but the reason they aren't all that great is because they have so much potential that hasn't been exploited. Nintendo could have done much more from the start, and Apple planned their device like they do all their others, with room for minor updates every year to keep the product fresh in the eyes of their followers.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 12:30am

Just because something outsells the competition doesn't mean it is better.

You know as well as I do that most people are morons.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 9:52am

anyone who says the red ring of death isnt bad, is either a fan boy or stupid. Buying a product that you know is going to break is ridicules.

Not a fanboy. I would rather a playstation or a good PC.
Que pasa?

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 10:33am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Also, claiming the iPhone sells as a gaming platform is stupid.

The Wii attracts casual gamers -- and that's fine, it obviously makes Nintendo lots of money.  There's a ton of money to be made off of people who play games that will never be the family friendly, Mario Party type games Nintendo has been bringing to it's platforms since the dawn of time.
BU Engineering 2012
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 10:40am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

snicker

also... this article is interesting...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 28 January 2010 at 12:31pm
They tremble at my name...
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 2:13pm
Snicker?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

also... this article is interesting...

Clearly, I want a president who is just like the CEO of a high-end computer company.

Oh, wait...
BU Engineering 2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 2:42pm
That's twice FE has made a remark about Steve Jobs and politics, and not negatively.....its weird.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic