FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apple is at it again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 2:01pm

Ok.

I'm not that big of a gamer. I prefer old school mame stuff, or wii.

My brother is a pro gamer though, and I never heard him mention stuff like that, so I though it was rare.

They tremble at my name...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by God God wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I don't think jesus made my laptop, and when I broke its screen I watched it glow and heal itself.

Some Apple fan boys believe Steve Jobs is The Almighty and talk as if AppleCare is a modern†miracle, so I believe the†comparison†still stands.
Wink

That I agree with, the worship of Jobs is pretty insane.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 2:49pm
That's true. In this last week before the apple event today, people were talking as though steve jobs was an equal mix of Willy Wonka and Jesus Christ.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

That's true. In this last week before the apple event today, people were talking as though steve jobs was an equal mix of Willy Wonka and Jesus Christ.

That always happens, and he'll get a standing ovation when he walks on stage too. This isn't anything new, this was happening back in the days of the Apple Lisa.
Heck watch Pirates of Silicon Valley, they make a joke about how they thought they were making computers, when did he become a religious icon. Heck, even...Time? did an article about the cult of mac, lol.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:02pm
He turned apple from a weak third party computer maker into the largest digital device maker in the world...

That is nothing to sneeze at. Too bad he didn't want to get into politics. Our country wouldn't be saddled with debt if he were running it.

Have you ever looked at how much cash apple has?... It is astounding.

I bet this will take off, as this is better than a laptop when your sitting around goofing off, plus only $499 (soon to be $399, after a few months) it will sell like crazy.

I still think the stock is overpriced though.
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

He turned apple from a weak third party computer maker into the largest digital device maker in the world...

That is nothing to sneeze at. Too bad he didn't want to get into politics. Our country wouldn't be saddled with debt if he were running it.

Have you ever looked at how much cash apple has?... It is astounding.

I bet this will take off, as this is better than a laptop when your sitting around goofing off, plus only $499 (soon to be $399, after a few months) it will sell like crazy.

I still think the stock is overpriced though.

I'm surprised you wouldn't want Steve Jobs shot on the spot if he even tried to enter politics. From a longhaired, bearded acid dropping birkenstock wearing hippy artist visonary, to a black turtleneck wearing cult icon.

Wouldn't you be afraid he'd want to make California the capital and give away free cars to the homeless or something?
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:05pm
Wow that thing looks retarded.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:18pm
It's a bigger ipod touch, it's not going to change the world. Speaking of which, if they can sell the new ipad starting at $500, that means they are hosing people who are still paying up to $400 for the itouch.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:35pm
hahahaha, that is the dumbest thing i have ever seen. hahahahahahah

<1 meg sig = bad>
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:39pm
And it isn't Flash compatible.

Awesome.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 3:46pm
No webcam built in? What an ordinary tablet. I agree with Shub, this won't change the world, or gaming.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

No webcam built in? What an ordinary tablet. I agree with Shub, this won't change the world, or gaming.

I'd never suggest any product would change the world, the odds of ANY device doing that are immensly slim.

I agree, no camera? Especially no front facing camera for iChat? Really? No point in the first iPad, hopefully 2nd gen is better.

No flash still really aggravates me, it better be in os 4.0
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 4:16pm
Sure hope the reveal was worth the wait and hype to those that were interested.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 4:18pm
Going back to the e-book reader thread recently, I am truly surprised that apple made a reading device a standard lcd screen. I'm sure it was in the interest of price, but an OLED screen would have been much more interesting, and a more favorable choice, imo.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 4:20pm
PopSci had an article this month that a lady is trying to make a better tablet screen. Might be worth looking into.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Going back to the e-book reader thread recently, I am truly surprised that apple made a reading device a standard lcd screen. I'm sure it was in the interest of price, but an OLED screen would have been much more interesting, and a more favorable choice, imo.

It's not just a reading device, so making an e-Ink screen would cripple every other feature of the device. Also OLED has disadvantages for the type of device that it is, so an IPS screen like it has suits it better. Especially since apple is big on colour.
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 5:35pm
http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Edited by jerseypaint - 27 January 2010 at 7:14pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 5:41pm

xbox (red dot error)

This can't even be a negative anymore. They replace it free within a couple weeks.

Yes it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but still Usually when your stuff breaks you have to buy a new one.
Que pasa?

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

xbox (red dot error)

This can't even be a negative anymore. They replace it free within a couple weeks.

Yes it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but still Usually when your stuff breaks you have to buy a new one.

Though I do believe that the 360 is by far the best console out there now, I have to disagree.

The red ring is still a major problem even if it is an easy fix.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 5:48pm
Yeah, the red ring is still very inconvenient, but otherwise I feel the 360 is best as well. I still can't stand the triggers on the PS3. Curving them out instead of in? What the heck....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic