FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver the least affordable city

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vancouver the least affordable city
    Posted: 26 January 2010 at 11:35am
Now it's official

Sucks

Edited by choopie911 - 26 January 2010 at 1:58pm
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 1:52pm
How are the rent prices?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

How are the rent prices?

I have a one bedroom almost an hour from downtown for $800 a month, but the closer you get to downtown, expect it to go up to about $1500-$1800 or so per month. Plus tv/ internet/ electricity/ phone (cell or land)

Just saw this link on that story.

Micro lofts are planned for Vancouver, 270 square feet for $923... less than half of the space I half, for $123 more. Thanks downtown.

Edited by choopie911 - 26 January 2010 at 2:02pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 1:59pm
Damn...
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:00pm
Why?
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:08pm
High population density crammed between the ocean and the mountains.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:11pm
Its all about location.  In any downtown atmosphere you are going to sacrifice space and pay a higher price.

My apartment here in West Lafayette IN is $800 a month for a 2 bedroom.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

Its all about location.  In any downtown atmosphere you are going to sacrifice space and pay a higher price.My apartment here in West Lafayette IN is $800 a month for a 2 bedroom.

That's crazy cheap compared to here. My last place was $1200 for a 2 bedroom, also an hour out of town.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:13pm
Good god, for that kind of money, you could actually live someplace decent....
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:14pm
Well considering we've also been voted the best city in the world to live in, I think I do.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:15pm
You guys are gonna feel really stupid when the pacific plate finally slips and you wake up underwater.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

You guys are gonna feel really stupid when the pacific plate finally slips and you wake up underwater.

Meh, better to die a watery death in Vancouver than live in the flatlands.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Well considering we've also been voted the best city in the world to live in, I think I do.
Meh.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:39pm

Its all about location.  In any downtown atmosphere you are going to sacrifice space and pay a higher price.My apartment here in West Lafayette IN is $800 a month for a 2 bedroom.

That's crazy cheap compared to here. My last place was $1200 for a 2 bedroom, also an hour out of town.

Its on the expensive end here since Im a block from campus Tongue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:43pm

Yeah, so was that one, on Burnaby Mountain hill, where sfu is.

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Meh.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those people that insists their city/ country is the greatest without ever being anywhere else are you?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:44pm

[QUOTE=pntbl freak] Its all about location.  In any downtown atmosphere you are going to sacrifice space and pay a higher price.My apartment here in West Lafayette IN is $800 a month for a 2 bedroom.

Yeah, so was that one, on Burnaby Mountain hill, where sfu is.

Oh.  I thought an hour from town meant the campus too.

Edited by pntbl freak - 26 January 2010 at 2:46pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:56pm

Meh.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those people that insists their city/ country is the greatest without ever being anywhere else are you?
I hate where I actually live to be quite honest, mainly because I hate the cold and winter. I am guessing due to the farther north location, that it's more of the same in Vancouver. If I am going to spend that kind of jack to live, it would be in a warmer climate. Personal preference I guess.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:59pm
I miss the two bedroom single story townhouse I had for $675 a month. Wasn't a bad part of town either.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 3:06pm

Meh.

I hate where I actually live to be quite honest, mainly because I hate the cold and winter. I am guessing due to the farther north location, that it's more of the same in Vancouver. If I am going to spend that kind of jack to live, it would be in a warmer climate. Personal preference I guess.
Lima, Ohio is hell on earth.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 3:10pm
Location, Location, Location. Just like any metro the closer to 'downtown' the higher the cost. NYC-Westchester County-White Plains- Orange County, same formula. Again closer to a major arterial to metro higher price Fremont, NE to Omaha on 275 prices tripled when 275 was finished as a 4 lane.

And then when the community is isolated, and no work, prices plummet, Davenport, NY the house I own was worth $315,000 when Oneonta was booming, now that jobs are scarce and Delaware County classified as depresed, could not sell the house for $95,000.

So welcome to the real world.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic