FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help from Canadicans!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help from Canadicans!
    Posted: 25 January 2010 at 3:46am

A good friend of mine is obsessed with Lay's Ketchup Potato chips...but they're hard as hell to find, and they're like 7 bucks a bag on eBay. If anyone in Canada has accesss to these (I have no clue how common they are, haven't really researched this) perhaps he could pay you to ship them to him-?

Serious offers only plz Wink
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 3:51am
Whoops-nevermind found them cheap on a Canadican site. Disregard Big smile
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 6:02am
I looked over my shoulder, there are 3 bags, no word of a lie.
If you need a hand, let me know.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 6:42am
i buy them at the supermarket here in VA...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:11am
There are some places in the US that get them, but for whatever reason they're like a prized commodity or something. I don't get it, I hate ketchup so the idea sounds disgusting, but my friend took a trip to a Canada with his parents 5 or 6 years ago and has been talking about them ever since. So I thought I'd dig around and figure out what the easiest / most economical way to find them is.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 11:06am
I haven't seen a gas station or grocery store that doesn't have them, I was shocked to hear the states don't get them.
<1 meg sig = bad>
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 12:25pm
I had an arguement with a Canadian girl in highschool about said chips. I have had them before, theyre kinda hard to find but not super rare...

Although I do miss Little Cesars pizza. The one by me closed, and I see ads at canadian hockey games for them. One day i shall travel to the ghetto k mart for pizza..
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Although I do miss Little Cesars pizza. The one by me closed, and I see ads at canadian hockey games for them. One day i shall travel to the ghetto k mart for pizza..
Eww that za is by far the nastiest za I have eatin
I ♣ hippies.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 2:16pm
oh ya

old dutch > lays (for ketchup atleast)
<1 meg sig = bad>
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

oh ya

old dutch > lays (for ketchup atleast)
Not even, I went and grabbed a sub the other day and they had those chips there for making the meal a combo so I got them...bad idea.
I ♣ hippies.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 3:43pm
I thought it was 'All Dressed' you didn't have state side.
all dressed > Ketchup
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 3:52pm
Lays Ketchup are the best chips on earth.

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I don't get it, I hate ketchup so the idea sounds disgusting

You don't put ketchup on your fries? Its the same thing (sort of)... ketchup on a fried potato.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 25 January 2010 at 3:54pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 5:08pm
I don't put ketchup on anything...lol. Ketchup and mustard are on my no fly list of condiments.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 5:11pm
I really wish we had ketchup chips around here.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 6:57pm
We sell them at work, so occassionally I bring ketchup chips and beer home. It's great. You guys also dont get all dressed chips.

I'll trade someone either chips, poutine gravy mix, or all dressed chips for everclear?
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:05pm
Keeping in mind I'm from the deep south here, and have never heard of ketchup chips except for on the forum here, but I would like to know what the difference between "ketchup chips" and just getting some plain chips and dipping them in ketchup is.....
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by ThatGuitarGuy ThatGuitarGuy wrote:

Keeping in mind I'm from the deep south here, and have never heard of ketchup chips except for on the forum here, but I would like to know what the difference between "ketchup chips" and just getting some plain chips and dipping them in ketchup is.....

The same thing as getting regular chips and dipping them into a sour cream and onion dip?
Que pasa?

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by TinMan TinMan wrote:

I thought it was 'All Dressed' you didn't have state side.
all dressed > Ketchup

Seriously. If your friend hasn't been talking about all dressed, then he either has no taste buds or didn't get to experience the greatness that is all dressed.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 9:30pm
Now I want to try all dressed. Choop, you cant buy everclear in canada? Dayum. Make your own fool!
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 9:42pm
Wow.  You can't even get Ketchup Chips on Amazon.

So much for someone from the deep south trying them

Back to my pork rinds I guess.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic