Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can you tell what 98 custom you own

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Draiga1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can you tell what 98 custom you own
    Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:46pm
I have this 98 custom but i dont know which one it is an if it is upgradable. Any replies are appreciated. Thank you.
Mr. Dr. Prof. Cade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dr. Prof. Cade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:50pm
Well you could by a cyclone feed system or you could get a stock for it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:55pm
i dont know if i have the older version of it or if i have a newer one i got it off a friend i dont want buy something unless i know i can use it lol thanks though i am going to put a link to my photo bucket so you can see it .
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:01pm
Draiga1988,

You may have noted that a mod moved this post to another forum.  This was done because the forum it was originally in (Thoughts and Opinions) is not normally a place where paintball is discussed.  Each of the sections of the forum have a description that gives an idea of what type of topics are in it.  You should probably check these descriptions (and the forum rules) out; I have seen people get strikes for continually posting in the wrong places.

A picture would be very helpful in identifying your marker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:16pm
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:24pm
I'm not sure what you're asking by "what type" of 98 custom you have, as that's a 98 custom. They have the model 98, which had "gills" on the opposite side of the feedneck.

Yours is upgradeable with any 98 custom parts.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:35pm
i am so happy you said that man thank you so much now all i have to do is have some one help me get my VL lancer an my Spyder extra to work it is in repair an maintenance now thank you so much man.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:39pm
Look at the serial number, see if it ends with ACT. If it doesnt, you dont have act.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:42pm
lol im new what does act mean it say it right above the right side grip
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:51pm
ACT means you have anti chop technology. It means that if you get a paintball "jammed" in the front of the marker where the paint feeds in, it is less likely to chop. I hate ACT, but people like it. You need to know if you have act when buying stocks and RVA's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 11:38pm
it says act at the end of the serial number above the grip but i think it is the basic act is it still upgradeable if so do i take it apart to put a stock on it.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 12:44am
It's more of what are you trying to go for? What upgrades do you want? Stocks can be bulky and annoying. If you are a fast paced player, I would not get a stock.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 1:34am
idk my friend said im a natural cause i can run an shot an hit the targets i guess that is hard but seems simple to me lol.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Draiga1988 Draiga1988 wrote:

I have this 98 custom but i dont know which one it is an if it is upgradable. Any replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, your 98 ACT is Upgradable, hence the reason why the 98 Custom is still around after how many years ago since its release...well anyway, what Upgrades are you looking into getting and use?

Also do remember, its your money and not ours, when Upgrading and Modding a Tippmann Marker.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 12:29pm
Buy a lapco bigshot barrel, and have a nice day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 1:06pm
lol im looking to increase the accuracy i have the stock tiny barrel lol any thing to increase the accuracy i dont think my 98 is compatable with the e grip though.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 2:58pm
A lapco bigshot or the J&J ceramic barrel are 2 really good barrels.

I have no idea of the aftermarket for the 98c currently, but these have been 2 barrels that have had the best results without going to barrel kits which will definitely improve accuracy. I love playing with my Evil Pipe kit. I could hit people's toes on the first shot. Also to help increase accuracy, you can do things like the expansion chamber or get a regulator. The possibilities are endless. The 98 custom definitely lives up to its name.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:22am
were is the lowest price for the lapco or j&j barrel
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 10:31am
^^Websearch; unless someone has recently looked into one they aren't going to be up on current prices anyway.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiga1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 12:28pm
thats true lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic