Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone and RT question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
woodsballfanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone and RT question
    Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:39am
I'm new to the forums so I hope this question doesn't break any rules or anything.

I'm selling my 98 custom to buy a Project Salvo because I want to go mil sim. I know that the Project Salvo is compatible with the 98 custom response trigger and cyclone feed system. I bought a response trigger I found discounted and am thinking of buying the cyclone after I buy the Salvo. 
I have 3 questions:
1. Do I need the cyclone feed system with the response trigger? Will I chop balls a lot if I don't get the cyclone?
2. If I install the cyclone and response trigger do I need some special T hookup thing I've heard a little bit about?
3. Will have a response trigger and cyclone on my gun eat up a lot of air (I use a Draxxus 65 cu 4500 psi HPA tank)

Thanks!

Edited by woodsballfanatic - 22 January 2010 at 12:40am
"Your light will shine when all else fades!"
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:51am
You don't necessarily need the cyclone, but you do need some sort of advanced hopper to avoid chops. I had a Tippmann Triumph on my 98 when I had my RT. It's $20 cheaper than the cyclone. 

You do need a T-adapter to use the RT and the cyclone.

It will be a gas-hog but not too bad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:09am
Thanks for your help! I'll probably go with the cyclone. I like the X7 hopper too. And I guess I'll have to get that T adapter. Thanks!
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:15am
The X7 hopper is definitely the way to go. I think if you call Tippmann, they will ship a T-adapter to you. 
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 8:18am
Originally posted by woodsballfanatic woodsballfanatic wrote:

Thanks for your help! I'll probably go with the cyclone. I like the X7 hopper too. And I guess I'll have to get that T adapter. Thanks!
If I remember correctly, the Cyclone may come with the T fitting already. If it does and it is the 1/16 inch T, you may want to invest in the Super RT mod with upgrades to a larger 1/8th size fittings and hoses.  You can find them here: http://www.tippmannparts.com/Tippmann-Adapter-Cyclone-Feed-Response-Kit-98-p/2759.htm
However, check the cyclone when you get it, because it may come with the larger size fittings now. I thought I read that somewhere.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
elky jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elky jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 8:44am
Definitely make sure you get the larger size fitting since you want to run both mods. I have a 98 and these two mods don't run good on it because I still have the smaller size lines! My local shop just gave me the T fitting when I purchased all these so I think tippman just gives them out!
Jason

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:18am
Oh wow ok. So does the super T adapter just let more air to both allowing them to operate more effectively?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:20am
Ok so the T adapter packs online are really the Super T adapter with the 1/8" hole while the 1/16" T fitting is free from tippmann. I think I get it now. Cool thanks!
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by woodsballfanatic woodsballfanatic wrote:

Ok so the T adapter packs online are really the Super T adapter with the 1/8" hole while the 1/16" T fitting is free from tippmann. I think I get it now. Cool thanks!
Yes. However, some people have reported that they have some issues with not getting enough air to both the RT and Cyclone without the upgrade. Try the smaller fittings and lines, if they work for you, great, if not look into the upgrade.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

If I remember correctly, the Cyclone may come with the T fitting already.

Yes, OPBN is right, every new Cyclone kit for the 98 comes with the 'T' fitting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 6:38pm
Perfect! Thanks for all your help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic