FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Health Care Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

You guys listen to way too much talk radio or something.  They have you convinced that standard procedure is now somehow an evil secret society plotting to sneak some doomsday bill through without telling anyone else about it.  They can't pass it without the rest of congress voting on it, which means the rest of congress will get to read it, which means it will have to be made public when it is done.

Now say "Baaaaa"

Its all too convenient for my liking.

Closed door (for all intents and purposes) proceedings with a sense of severe urgency to get this thing voted on and passed, while the possible 'deal breaker' vote hangs in the balance in MA? You really don't see any attempt to rule out contention before the vote can be made, with fingers crossed that Brown either loses in MA or they can get it done before he wins and throws a monkey wrench into the mix?

Que pasa?

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 5:22pm
Thank you for proving my point reb.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

So you want a copy of a document that hasn't been written yet?  And you don't see how that is ridiculous?

Not as ridiculous as rushing it into law. Before anyone can see what it is.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

So you want a copy of a document that hasn't been written yet?  And you don't see how that is ridiculous?

Not as ridiculous as rushing it into law. Before anyone can see what it is.

It has to be voted on like any other bill ever.
Que pasa?

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 5:38pm
Yeah hopefully by then we will have a Republican Senator in Mass that will bury that Fiasco with Teddy.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 5:50pm
Hopefully not just to piss you people off
Que pasa?

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 6:58pm
"you people" and we are the intolerant ones......Please

Anyone who feels that thier representitive as well as the people should not have a reasonable amount of time to read and voice opinion on this piece of legislation need to rethink thier lives, if something this important for thier future is seen as a 'oh well' vote.

And seeing that the Dem buddies, labor unions are excempt from the 'cadillac' tax initially, really need to see the writing on the wall for thier fiscal future.

Edited by oldsoldier - 17 January 2010 at 7:04pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 7:43pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 7:56pm
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:26pm

Smartass remarks do very, very little to rebut or change any minds and only serve further prove that you either know nothing at all or are completely willing to ignore what could be planted right in front of you.

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:43pm

Smartass remarks do very, very little to rebut or change any minds and only serve further prove that you either know nothing at all or are completely willing to ignore what could be planted right in front of you.

Smartass remarks?  like this one: "Now say "Baaaaa""? 
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:51pm

Thank you for proving my point 

Perhaps I should have said "Limiting your responses to smartass remarks.....etc."

I didn't. My bad.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 17 January 2010 at 8:53pm

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:54pm
The problem here is the fact that the Dems have been pushing this bill as an urgent, life or death scenario, using any means, be it dirty politics or whatever, to pass it-disregarding the fact that the public is apprehensive and on the whole completely in the dark as to the details.

There's no way you can justify this kind of politics-it's partisan to the core, and sets aside the interest and desire of the people for the "urgency" of agenda.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

The problem here is the fact that the Dems have been pushing this bill as an urgent, life or death scenario, using any means, be it dirty politics or whatever, to pass it-disregarding the fact that the public is apprehensive and on the whole completely in the dark as to the details.

There's no way you can justify this kind of politics-it's partisan to the core, and sets aside the interest and desire of the people for the "urgency" of agenda.

Thats exactly what I was trying to get at. You said it better. The only thing I'd add is that a bit of urgency has to be coming from the possibility of them losing the vote that would send them over the top when this thing hits the floor.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 9:42pm
I don't know why we bother talking about these things on the forum anymore.  There's never any legit discussion, it's just one crowd talking about about the other and vice versa.  At least a couple years ago everyone was willing to put in the effort to argue. Now, not only is everyone a jerk to the opposing faction, everyone's lazy about it.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:02pm

We've realized we are talking to a wall, but we are too opinionated to entirely give up.

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I don't know why we bother talking about these things on the forum anymore.  There's never any legit discussion, it's just one crowd talking about about the other and vice versa.  At least a couple years ago everyone was willing to put in the effort to argue. Now, not only is everyone a jerk to the opposing faction, everyone's lazy about it.

Thats what politics has evolved into in general anymore. Campaigns are nothing but smears, debates are thinly veiled insults....all we've done here is follow the trend

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:11pm

Thats exactly what I was trying to get at. You said it better. The only thing I'd add is that a bit of urgency has to be coming from the possibility of them losing the vote that would send them over the top when this thing hits the floor.

It just seems that the urgency is so fabricated. I'm sure they're biting at their bits right now because they know this bill is in jeapordy, but my idealogy is what's so urgent about this bill? If this bill is a service to the people, and the people are unsure and split as to whether they want it, why is it such a pressing matter?

It would appear that some politicians have thrown their careers in a gamble on this bill, and they're desperate to get it through. I feel this has much less to do with American interest than with political interest.

Which is why I oppose what's going on-I can't say I oppose the bill, because I'm not 100% sure as to what exactly the bill will look like in final form, but I oppose anything that's rushed for political expediency disregarding the will of the American people.

Of course, for those that are just out to oppose the right, the details are insignificant, so long as they're pissing off some 'Publicans.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:55pm
All you got to do is look at Nelson from NE, vote bought for a deal, now to save his butt in the election he is saying the medicare deal he was bought off with can be reversed if needed. He got back here to NE and got his head handed to him with the media and the voting public. So now it is pure damage control politics here in NE.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:59am

Probably completely unrelated, but saw this on Drudge today...

It is, of course, still Bush's fault.

Originally posted by Patrick Kennedy Patrick Kennedy wrote:

One thing the Democrats have done wrong? We haven't kept the focus on this disaster on the Republicans who brought it upon us. We've tried too hard to do that right thing, and that's to fix it, as opposed to spend more of our time and energy pointing the finger at who got us [here] in the first place.

Wow.

Edited by stratoaxe - 18 January 2010 at 1:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic