FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Special Senate Election

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 10:16pm
Did I say it surprises me?

I want to know why it matters that someone is anti catholic if they want to hold a position in an administration.

It would be the same if someone said because he is anti jewish.

Que pasa?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I want to know why it matters that someone is anti catholic if they want to hold a position in an administration.

Bill Donohue president of the Catholic league
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 10:31pm
Do I care if he is president of the catholic league? That has nothing to do with it.
Que pasa?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:35pm
You're actually questioning why the president of the Catholic League would be concerned about an anti-Catholic politician?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

You're actually questioning why the president of the Catholic League would be concerned about an anti-Catholic politician?

Yes. The guy is not anti-catholic in the sense that he wants to destroy it. He just isn't catholic.
Que pasa?

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:48pm
poorly worded at best.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:57pm

Yes. The guy is not anti-catholic in the sense that he wants to destroy it. He just isn't catholic.

Probably true, but that's not what you said.

Why does it matter if he is anti catholic? We are not a Catholic society.

And it matters to the president of the Catholic society for obvious reasons.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:59pm
I wonder what the response would be if the appointee was called anti-muslim? Would the same, it's OK atmosphere prevail on the forum and in DC?
After all it only matters to a few.......

Edited by oldsoldier - 22 January 2010 at 12:00am
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:03am

Probably true, but that's not what you said.

And it matters to the president of the Catholic society for obvious reasons.

I quoted the man. It isn't obvious reasons. There is literally no reason him not being Catholic should matter,

OS, no one is ever called anti-Muslim just for not being Muslim so don't even play that nonsense game.
Que pasa?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:08am

I have no idea why I'm still arguing this, other than an inability to sleep LOL

But here goes again...your original question was (I'm not bothering quoting again) why would it matter if he is anti-catholic?

So OS, Rednekk, and I aren't playing a game, but countering an argument based upon its premise.

Aborting said argument mid term doesn't change the original topic, it simply creates a new one.

Someone not being catholic and someone being anti-Catholic are two very different statements, and to be honest my answer to both would still be "consider the source".

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:14am
Correct. Anti-Catholic and not being Catholic are different things. I just didn't change the wording from the original. I assumed you could figure out what I meant.

I didn't abort any argument, in fact this isn't even an argument. I simply asked a question. Reworded for you: "Why does it matter if someone isn't Catholic?" I do not care about the source as it is irrelevant.

OS, is playing games with words by changing it to Muslim because he probably agrees with the man saying the guy shouldn't hold an office for being "anti-Catholic" and homosexual.

Edited by jmac3 - 22 January 2010 at 12:18am
Que pasa?

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:16am
Jmac just hates White People.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:24am

Correct. Anti-Catholic and not being Catholic are different things. I just didn't change the wording from the original. I assumed you could figure out what I meant. [Quote]

That I could figure out by Does it matter if someone is anti-Catholic in reality you meant Does it matter if someone isn't Catholic? Are you related to my ex by any chance?

[Quote=jmac3]
I didn't abort any argument, in fact this isn't even an argument. I simply asked a question. Reworded for you: "Why does it matter if someone isn't Catholic?" I do not care about the source as it is irrelevant.

Lol..we've gone from President of the Catholic League says politician is anti-Catholic, and what would it matter if he was? to Why does it matter if someone isn't Catholic? with no source to quote.

Clap Well played sir.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:31am
Would you stop being such a woman strato? I haven't changed anything I am saying.

Here read it again reworded the way it should have been read I just didn't reword it from the quote the first time. K?

I found an article it had this quote in it by Bill Donohue president of the Catholic league:

"the president of the United States choosing a morally challenged anti-Catholic homosexual to join his team"

Why does it matter if he isn't catholic? We are not a Catholic society. Why does it matter if he is homosexual?

Oh jeez did I take out anti and replace it with n't. I think I did and I still have a quoted source that I am making an observation on.

EDIT: Yes you should have been able to figure it out. Because it was obviously the crazy Catholic guy I quoted who called him anti-Catholic I just restated.

No wonder she is your ex if your going to complain and argue about saying one word wrong.

Edited by jmac3 - 22 January 2010 at 12:33am
Que pasa?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:35am

Would you stop being such a woman strato? I haven't changed anything I am saying.

So now you're using the female gender as a negative?

Shocked

And just to continue my smart-assery...you totally misquoted yourself.

Again, original quote-

Had you actually said Why does it matter if he Catholic? The anti made all the difference.

Big smile

Edited by stratoaxe - 22 January 2010 at 12:40am
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 1:31am
Race, Gender issues, political views, and religion are the primary reason America is as it is. To be in a 'protected' class within these areas means the culture must respect your views, opinions, or lifestyle. To be in a non 'protected' class means you are allowed to be targeted with little or no consequence.

A power from the left can make a statement as Senator Ried, or Chuck Shumer and the stewardess (the 'B' word for all who do not remmember), did and no reprocussions only forgiveness, why is the same 'courtesy' not offered to a member of the right for a slip of the tongue. The highlight of the Brown attacks is the Cosmo issue, yet Robert Byrd was in the Klan and a racist to the core, yet that issue must be foregiven and forgotten. Religion now is in the same mindset, to be anti-catholic, or anti- Isreal is now all the rage, but if the statement Anti-Islamic is made it is then a rush to racism and bigotry claims against the speaker. Lifestyle also has it issues, I do not care what you do and how you do it, just stop playing a band and expecting 'special' treatment because of it. A 'Gay Rights" parade is seen as trendy, but heaven forbid if the straight community attempted the same recognition, again the claims of bigotry would rise.

The prejudice shown here is clear to those who actually understand what prejudice is. It is fun to make fun of myself, FE, and whoever expounds ideas and ideals that differ, and then you call your self witty and are self forgiving. Yet if the right leaning here attempt (as few times that it has arisen) to debate an issue with views counter to Mr. Witty, he/she immediately calls the attack an unfair exercise, and the attack the messanger defense begins.

The Political Compase was very informative, youth tends to be in the negative ranges on both accounts, yet the older tend towards the positive numbers. I am close to Margeret Thatcher, positive in both catagories, based on expieriences, not perceptions.

Yes, a religious organization will question a 'non' believer or anti- individual for an appointment, just as a Gay will question if a anti-gay person is appointed. Why the surprise? The media in the story just threw the 'protected' class card and again the persecutuion of Judeo-Christian beliefs are fairgame in the battle of ideas. But yet try and do the same to a 'protected' class and watch the uproar.

The 1st Amendment is a double edged sword, and there are those on both sides that try and dull the edge facing them, while sharpening the side toward those whose ideas do not conform to thiers.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 1:51am

So now you're using the female gender as a negative?

Shocked

And just to continue my smart-assery...you totally misquoted yourself.

Again, original quote-

Had you actually said Why does it matter if he Catholic? The anti made all the difference.

Big smile

I didn't misquote myself I said here it is reworded.

Que pasa?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:08am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Race, Gender issues, political views, and religion are the primary reason America is as it is. To be in a 'protected' class within these areas means the culture must respect your views, opinions, or lifestyle. To be in a non 'protected' class means you are allowed to be targeted with little or no consequence. Who is being targeted that you think should be protected from such targeting? What is happening that makes you feel they are being targeted?

The prejudice shown here is clear to those who actually understand what prejudice is. Which isn't you going by the rest of this rant. It is fun to make fun of A power from the left can make a statement as Senator Ried, or Chuck Shumer and the stewardess (the 'B' word for all who do not remmember), did and no reprocussions only forgiveness, why is the same 'courtesy' not offered to a member of the right for a slip of the tongue. The highlight of the Brown attacks is the Cosmo issue Jokingly by most. In fact I really only saw it on The Daily Show, yet Robert Byrd was in the Klan and a racist to the core, yet that issue must be foregiven and forgotten. Religion now is in the same mindset, to be anti-catholic Noone is anti-catholic. I am not anti-Catholic. I am anti-religion. That is all religion. Even then it isn't really something that I would fight against, just something I don't like., or anti- Isreal is now all the rage, but if the statement Anti-Islamic is made it is then a rush to racism and bigotry claims against the speaker. Lifestyle also has it issues, I do not care what you do and how you do it, just stop playing a band and expecting 'special' treatment because of it. Wanting to have the same rights is special treatment now? In the example of Kevin Jennings, he is getting called out on his appointment due to his sexual preference. In the article I was reading of course. A 'Gay Rights" parade is seen as trendy, but heaven forbid if the straight community attempted the same recognition Why would the "Straight community" need a parade? There are no rights a straight person has to fight for., again the claims of bigotry would rise. myself, FE, and whoever expounds ideas and ideals that differ, and then you call your self witty and are self forgiving. Yet if the right leaning here attempt (as few times that it has arisen) to debate an issue with views counter to Mr. Witty, he/she immediately calls the attack an unfair exercise, and the attack the messanger defense begins.

The Political Compase was very informative, youth tends to be in the negative ranges on both accounts, yet the older tend towards the positive numbers. I am close to Margeret Thatcher, positive in both catagories, based on expieriences, not perceptions. Oh you're old. We get it. Doesn't mean anything about your political leanings.

Yes, a religious organization will question a 'non' believer or anti- individual for an appointment Why? What he was appointed to has NOTHING to do with religion., just as a Gay will question if a anti-gay person is appointed. Not if the Anti is a made up part because they have shown nothing actually against it. Why the surprise? The media in the story just threw the 'protected' class card and again the persecutuion of Judeo-Christian beliefs are fairgame in the battle of ideas. But yet try and do the same to a 'protected' class and watch the uproar.
Que pasa?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:02am

Not what I expected at all.

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Some of the questions on that test were... a little dumb/out of place IMO.

Economic Left/Right: -2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

I agree; some were a bit leading as well.

Hell I think the only reason I was left on that scale is because I support abortion and gay rights...

Ditto.

Of course, we have to consider the bias of whoever designed this thing and determined what requirements constituted "left" or "right."

Edited by Mack - 22 January 2010 at 10:03am
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:21am
mack's a leftie...

snicker...
They tremble at my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic