FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Special Senate Election

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:01pm

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:05pm
Wow, thats retarded. Jobs better be lost over that
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:13pm
I want more proof than just someone crying foul before I draw any conclusions. Desperation is a stinky perfume. 

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I want more proof than just someone crying foul before I draw any conclusions. Desperation is a stinky perfume. 

I mean if it's true of course, not making any assumptions based on that article. Also lately I keep wanting to spell article as arcticle...
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:34pm
Brown won.

Score.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:39pm
I'm predicting a Brown victory (CNN just called it) followed by a lengthy court battle that Brown will also win, and it being ugly enough to backfire on Democrats when they jam through the senate version of the health bill which is more moderate than the house, but still pretty unpopular. 
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:01pm
Obama seems to have the Grim Reaper's touch on every campaign he touches.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:20pm
I heard turnout in Boston was terrible, does that mean western MA is actually politically important now? Total game changer, for the better IMO. I don't like the idea of swapping one radical party dominance for another. I'm glad that as an unenrolled, independent voter from western MA my vote has not been taken for granted. Scott Brown had better realize that independents are why he's been elected or he will have a short term. 
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:59pm

Gas up the Truck we're going to DC!
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Obama seems to have the Grim Reaper's touch on every campaign he touches.
Except his own?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 11:42pm
For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of Massachusetts
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 8:38am
That shows just how bad of a candidate Coakley was. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 9:45am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Oh please...

NJ, Virginia and now Mass...

Must be LOTS of bad candidates running for office all of a sudden.

No way this could be "the people" trying to take back their government that has gone WAY to the left in the past year.

mass, 3 democrats for every 1 republican...

At least think for yourself instead of following in lockstep with the spin being put out by the whitehouse.

They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 9:51am

This must be some of that imbalanced reporting you guys love...

The double standard is astounding, imagine if rush, beck or anyone on fox news said anything even similar to this...
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 9:56am
From a 20pt lead where she was called the 'perfect' candidate for Kennedy's seat, to losing in two weeks just shows that the Dem's are throwing her under the bus in Wednesday morning quarterbacking.

The primary reason she lost was the 'royalist' attitude of the government in not listening to the people and claiming ony they know how to run the government.

Wake up call for Dems everywhere, listen to the people start going moderate and save your own job, while trying to return jobs to America and lower taxes to let bussiness thrive.

KEY WORD- Compromise, do not dictate from behind closed doors and then claim you have an open and transparrent administration.

And talking about 'bad jokes' please explain Al Franken for us. And yes if Rush or Glenn said anything like Obermann about a Dem the cry would be for thier head on a platter.

Edited by oldsoldier - 20 January 2010 at 10:00am
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:03am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Oh please...

NJ, Virginia and now Mass...

Must be LOTS of bad candidates running for office all of a sudden.

No way this could be "the people" trying to take back their government that has gone WAY to the left in the past year.

mass, 3 democrats for every 1 republican...

At least think for yourself instead of following in lockstep with the spin being put out by the whitehouse.

so i guess once the dems took over all the republican candidates were bad too. i guess we take back the government everytime party majority changes. take your own advice and stop drinking the Fox/conservative blog koolaid
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:10am
Really slacker... That is the best you have?...

How about this little article that is the top article on MSNBC.

"For weeks considered a long shot, the 50-year-old Brown seized on voter discontent to overtake Coakley in the campaign's final stretch. His candidacy energized Republicans, including backers of the "tea party" protest movement, while attracting disappointed Democrats and independents uneasy with where they felt the nation was heading.

"I voted for Obama because I wanted change," said John Triolo, 38, a registered independent who voted in Fitchburg. "I thought he'd bring it to us, but I just don't like the direction that he's heading."

Even before the first results were announced, administration officials were privately accusing Coakley of a poorly run campaign and playing down the notion that Obama or a toxic political landscape had much to do with the outcome.

Coakley's supporters, in turn, blamed that very environment, saying her lead dropped significantly after the Senate passed health care reform shortly before Christmas and after the attempted Christmas Day airliner bombing, which Obama himself said showed a failure of his administration."

So, I was pointing out that whales post was lockstep with the spin the administration is using to try and say that the people love obama's policies. When that is clearly not the case in my mind.

This is Mass... after all...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:20am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

No way this is just the documented trend of the opposition party being elected after a presidential election, a trend that has been around for quite a while now.

Nah, your theory is more likely. Wink

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:29am
Ahh, the joys of liberal education...

Here whale, read this article when you get a minute. Try to read it with an open mind.

If you truly want to be a journalist in the future, you need to recognize the danger of being too similar to the current crop of journalists that are viewed in a particular way by typical Americans. To have views that so clearly match theirs puts your input in danger of being deemed typical to the people that will be hiring in the future. (you know, the ones that have a business plan that actually tries to get more readers instead of just rehashing the typical liberal dialog).  As they will be the ones hiring...

MSM has destroyed their reputation, and the general public has caught on.

According to polls, the country is centrist. Not left or right. All too often your views come across as far left.

Which is a dangerous position for someone with journalism aspirations in the current news climate.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:31am
I can't speak for the NJ or Mass elections, but I can speak for the VA elections and I can tell you that the Republican wins in this state had more to do with the fact that the Dems couldn't field any candidates worth looking at, let alone voting for. Criegh Deeds was a joke, and from what I gather, the dem candidate in Mass wasn't much to look at either.

I also expect that voter apathy has a lot to do with this. Presidential elections tend to mobilize much larger groups of under and un-educated for polling. They tend to see the president as "all powerful" and don't realize how important local elections are to their everyday lives. The same goes for both parties btw.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic