FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Special Senate Election

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:30pm
14 phone calls today, both campaigns, and pollsters combined. The majority of robo-calls were from Coakley, Brown is actively recruiting people to make personal calls. As soon as you hang up the phone often rings again. Now I know how Iowans feel during the primaries. I'm glad MA matters for once, but holy hell....
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:41pm
My phone has never rang for a political anything.

You're doing something wrong.
Que pasa?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

14 phone calls today, both campaigns, and pollsters combined. The majority of robo-calls were from Coakley, Brown is actively recruiting people to make personal calls. As soon as you hang up the phone often rings again. Now I know how Iowans feel during the primaries. I'm glad MA matters for once, but holy hell....

Callers for Brown are actually from all over the country. His campaign is recruiting people from everywhere to call MA voters in an effort I guess to make anyone feel like they can help.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Callers for Brown are actually from all over the country. His campaign is recruiting people from everywhere to call MA voters in an effort I guess to make anyone feel like they can help.
Confirmed.

I've already received 3 emails about it from organizing for america (obama's campaign email list). I can only imagine the annoying amount of email people on move on's list are getting.

I'm not certain why Coakley isn't using McCain's email list more effectively. I haven't received an email from that list other than lets defeat health care and deficits are bad mmmkay.

I find the technology gap between the two parties campaigns in the past two years to be rather shocking.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 6:20pm
And I spoke 1 day too soon, I just got an email from the McCain list asking me to make calls for Brown.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:30am
Brown is actually dominating online, and in social media, but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if that translates to votes considering brown is likely to have a lot of out of state fans. Coakley's conflicting message of "A vote for Scott Brown is a vote for the status quo" and her trying to portray herself as just like Kennedy falls kinda flat. Republicans and Independants are excited about Scott Brown, Democrats are not excited about Coakley, but may be afraid of Brown or just angry at Republicans. I don't see her pulling many votes across party lines. Her campaign is frankly stale. She's running against Bush in 2004 and Brown is trying to run like Obama in 2008. This has surprised me more than anything.

Brown's message has been: Direct appeal to independants, have an actual debate over health care, not between liberal and conservative democrats and unions. Run on anti-government corruption record

Coakley's message has been: Direct appeal to Democrats, rape victims, and the unemployed. Run on anti private-sector corruption record. Add a healthy dash or fear-mongering as well.

I missed the primary election (first vote I've missed since being registered) but considered it to essentially be the election and figured it was my only real chance to pick. I'd hate to make a prediction and jinx it, but I think short of a video surfacing of brown sodomizing a puppy being released in the next 30 hours or so, he will win. Even if he doesn't, he's already come damned close in a very unlikely state and this race will have serious effects on future campaign strategies and probably the outcome of future elections.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:43am
I obviously don't live in Massachusetts, but everything I've read about this race, and the people I've talked to about it, said that neither candidate is a very strong or supported contender within the state.

It's like the 2004 presidential elections, but with more beans and Hahvahd Yahd or whatever else you folks do up there.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:29pm
I would be very surprised if brown won...

It would elminate the 60 vote majority, and the democratic machine wouldn't allow that...
They tremble at my name...
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:46pm
Hopefully the event turns into another "hanging chad" incident.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:56pm
Besides, Brown drives a truck, and the liberal elites made it clear that if you drive a truck you are not good enough to be a Senator of the US...

Because they are better than you.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:56pm
Brown's lead is now beyond the margin of error judging by a few polls. The more I research, the more I realize that Coakley has run a terrible, terrible campaign, which a message targeted at only the most left leaning voters. I think her campaign is deluded into thinking the 2008 elections were a rubber stamp for every single idea they've had and there's been a massive conversion. Coakley bombed in foreign policy during the debates, about as hard as Sarah Palin. She wan'ts us out of Afghanistan because there apparently are no more Taliban or Al-Queda there. But if they're elsewhere, we shouldn't go there either. She is not the candidate the Dems need, and not running the right kind of campaign. Brown is tapping into populist sentiments, and I feel Coakly thought she could just run a charicture of a Democratic campaign in a blue state (11% of registered voters are Republicain) but has very little insite into what motivates independenents and what their concerns are. This state is majority independent, I mean we did elect several Republican governors before the current one (Obama-lite) and his popularity is sliding. I don't think we'd want to elect a Pelosi-lite at this time. I can forsee this guy being about as right wing as Liberman was left. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 8:53am
The country is centrist. Not radical left or radical right.

This president and congress are radical left.

When America voted for Change, they didn't mean a radical change. This election along with the others a few months back lend credence to that thought.

According to polls most Americans want small government and less regulation. Which is the opposite of what we have now, so we will see a shift the other direction as once people lose their jobs, and can't find a comparable one to replace it. They will change their allegence.

The republicans were just as bad when they "ran" things.

Politicians need to realize that "the PEOPLE" are the ones in charge.

The tea party is a good example of the liberal elites inablity to realize what is coming. By bashing them with namecalling and ignoring the huge numbers of people that they brought out. They are just minimalizing their influence in the future.

Ignoring the way the president proclaims that the stimulus has saved or created 2 million jobs... When we have lost over 4 million this year is a perfect example.

People need jobs, and higher taxes never increase jobs. This administration has used up all of its political capital. And yet they are still wasting money for slush funds for their pet projects...

It's time to pay for that oversight.

Here is an article that echos many of my comments.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 19 January 2010 at 9:31am
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Here is an article that echos many of my comments.

You do know you're setting yourself up for disaster with that link right? I personally don't have the hatred for Fox News that most forumers here do but I know there will be more focus on your source than the topic of the article, making it almost pointless to post it.

In any case, I hope Brown wins. I haven't followed this election very closely but from what I heard, Coakley doesn't sound so great and Brown seems to be the better choice, party affiliations aside. I think the fact that Coakley thinks we can pull out of Afghanistan due to a lack of Al Qaida is shocking to say the least and probably enough to make me dismiss her as qualified to be a senator. People say Palin was bad with knowledge of foreign matters but I don't think she said anything that dumb and at least she wouldn't have had a senate vote.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:20pm

According to CMPA, fox news is the most fair and balanced news network.

Some people are just closed minded and only view things that fit their personal agenda, but I would assume most on here would at least pretend not to be that way... (cept for a few vocal parties)

And after the way the media has beat the drum for Obama, while we have all watched as 4 million jobs have been lost under this president... I'm sure people are starting to realize they have been led to the slaughter by the media elite.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:27pm

Some people are just closed minded and only view things that fit their personal agenda, but I would assume most on here would at least pretend not to be that way... (cept for a few vocal parties)

And after the way the media has beat the drum for Obama, while we have all watched as 4 million jobs have been lost under this president... I'm sure people are starting to realize they have been led to the slaughter by the media elite.

If you HONESTLY think Fox News is the most fair and balanced, you're out to lunch. They had so many errors last year they had to reboot with a zero-errors policy, removing everything non-essential to ensure accuracy. They didnt make it one month without several more errors.

I know we won't change your mind, but using Fox News as your sole reliable source is just crazy.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

If you HONESTLY think Fox News is the most fair and balanced, you're out to lunch. They had so many errors last year they had to reboot with a zero-errors policy, removing everything non-essential to ensure accuracy. They didnt make it one month without several more errors.

I know we won't change your mind, but using Fox News as your sole reliable source is just crazy.

I don't study the news networks personally, but CMPA does... And THEY said that fox news is the most fair and balanced. So take it up with them.

What news network do you think is fair and balanced?
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:40pm
I honestly can't say, as I don't just take one sources word for it. It's extremely difficult to not be even slightly biased, so multiple sources is ideal obviously. I just seriously don't understand how anyone still thinks fox is factual when it's been called on falsities so many times.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:57pm
Easy, it tells people what they want to hear.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 1:19pm

I enjoyed this.

Originally posted by Jon Stewart Jon Stewart wrote:

See, it's not that the Republicans are playing chess and the Democrats are playing checkers, the Republicans are playing chess, and the Democrats are in the nurse's office, because once again they glued their balls to their thighs.

Great segment.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 7:43pm
I don't know if this has already been posted, but even if it has, it needs to be brought up again.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/19/health.care/index.html

"Better than nothing?"  Is that really what this has come down to?  "Oh, we don't really care what is in the health care bill, we're shaking **edited** up no matter what. Who cares if we no longer feel like we're representing our constituents." I can imagine that even democrats are happy with this kind of thinking, because obviously this means that they care more about passing the bill as a statement than making a "solid plan."
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic