FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Special Senate Election

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Religion now is in the same mindset, to be anti-catholic Noone is anti-catholic What about the KKK?. I am not anti-Catholic. I am anti-religion. That is all religion. Even then it isn't really something that I would fight against, just something I don't like.,

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:04pm
See the limits of education, not even realizing or knowing that the KKK was an defined anti-Catholic organization as well. They put up a fight at JFK's run for president. Again expierience over perception.

Thank Robert Byrd (D) WV for participating.

So if I made the statement: That I am anti-gay, that will not fight homosexuals, they are just something I do not like, that would make my stance OK?

Jmac?

Waiting patiently for the attack the messanger response............that damned double edged sword thing........

Oh really: "There are no rights a straight person has to fight for"., please where have you been, living in utopia?

Edited by oldsoldier - 22 January 2010 at 2:11pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:14pm

See the limits of education, not even realizing or knowing that the KKK was an defined anti-Catholic organization as well. They put up a fight at JFK's run for president. Again expierience over perception.

You act as if I didn't know this(JFK thing I didn't I'll give you that one). Still the KKK can't write or vote against bills that effectively take away rights from Catholics. There are ZERO rights of Catholics being held back by laws.Therefore no one is really against Catholics.

Thank Robert Byrd (D) WV for participating.

So if I made the statement: That I am anti-gay, that will not fight homosexuals, they are just something I do not like, that would make my stance OK?

You can not like gay people all you want, just don't act like it is something that discredits a person from being able to hold a position in a government.

Jmac?
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:24pm
Really? Still the KKK can't write or vote against bills that effectively take away rights from Catholics. There are ZERO rights of Catholics being held back by laws.Therefore no one is really against Catholics.
Then explain Robert Byrd, and the bills he wrote and were accepted during his "days" with 'The Boys".Read the 1st Amendment then explain the Church and State arguement against the phrase "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". Have seen the 10 Comandments plaques and monuments come down in 'public' places, and prayer demonized in public and at public events. So yes laws local and Federal were writen directly against organized 'religion' many times in direct violation of the statement: "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" in the 1st Amendment.

Go to a local Catholic Church or School, and ask what Federal regulaions (see LAWS) directly affect how they function. You will be surprised and possibly enlightened.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 3:00pm
OS, you have some reading to do as you obviously don't understand the first amendment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Establishment_Clause_of_the_First_Amendment

See, that free exercise clause you like to quote means little without the establishment clause preceding it.

Edited by High Voltage - 22 January 2010 at 3:02pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 4:52pm
The entire statement:'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof': does not pertain. Congress has made no laws 'establishing' a state religion, but yet has made many laws to limit 'free exercise thereof'of established religions.

A 'christian' wears a cross necklace to school, or a Jew wears a Star of David necklace, and is required to remove it or hide it, yet an Islamic female in the same high school can wear her Hajib without question. Just one of the many inconsistancies we need to address is this 'free exercise thereof' discussion. Lincoln High has an Islamic prayer room, complete with the required bathing facilities, yet banned other non-Islamic students from forming a 'Christian' Bible Study on school grounds.

Since then the prayer room was removed, but the point of fact that the school allowed under pressure a religious function on school grounds and prohibitied another shows the hypocracy, and fear we have of 'offending' Islam (a protected class) and easily refuse any christian notions.

Edited by oldsoldier - 22 January 2010 at 5:07pm
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 6:08pm
Thats funny, I never once have come across any incidence where a Christian has been forced to remove religious items in public school in the U.S.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 6:11pm

A 'christian' wears a cross necklace to school, or a Jew wears a Star of David necklace, and is required to remove it or hide it, yet an Islamic female in the same high school can wear her Hajib without question.  

If this has ever happened it is a rare occurrence, cause I have never heard of such a thing happening. The only way I could see that happening if the school banned jewelery in general, but  not said article of clothing (and it had nothing to do with religion).

This must have been a one of a kind incident or in happened in some backwards land where the gene pull hasn't changed in generations. No one with half a brain would make such a rule or if it did it didnt last long.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 6:36pm

A 'christian' wears a cross necklace to school, or a Jew wears a Star of David necklace, and is required to remove it or hide it, yet an Islamic female in the same high school can wear her Hajib without question. Just one of the many inconsistancies we need to address is this 'free exercise thereof' discussion. Lincoln High has an Islamic prayer room, complete with the required bathing facilities, yet banned other non-Islamic students from forming a 'Christian' Bible Study on school grounds.

uh not true. i go to a public high school, have worn a cross every single day for almost four years there, have never been asked to hide it, and i have seen other kids wearing stars of david. kids also have visible cross tattoos and they dont get in a spot of trouble
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:21pm
Welcome to the very left world of Lincoln, NE. No overt display of religious symbols on person allowed. IN all three high schools rule is the same. A t-Shirt with a any religious message, the student is sent home to change. 2 years ago with heritage day, if you remember my step son had to go home to change out of his kilt, declared 'disruptive', until I got there. The ACLU had a big battle to get the prayer room removed and the Islamic community immediately sounded 'discrimination' where the school almost buckled under the pressure. ABC news was inbound and the final decesion was made to CMA, before ABC got there.
Lincoln is so far left the buildings lean to the left.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:44pm
i dunno about the other religious stuff but im pretty sure in any school a kilt would be classified as distracting
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:56pm
Since others covered the necklace thing, I'll take this one on.

The entire statement:'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof': does not pertain. Congress has made no laws 'establishing' a state religion, but yet has made many laws to limit 'free exercise thereof'of established religions.
You got the establishment word right, but you missed the respecting part.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 12:52am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Since others covered the necklace thing, I'll take this one on.

You got the establishment word right, but you missed the respecting part.

Nah don't worry about that word, it's not important...Ermm

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

mack's a leftie...

snicker...

You take that back right now!  Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic