FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette for Nukes in MW2?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Etiquette for Nukes in MW2?
    Posted: 13 January 2010 at 4:02am
I was just wondering about this. I got to call in my first one last night, damn it was fun.

Normally I get tagged around 18. Once I got close, and the host left the game and I couldn't migrate.

But last night I was all stabby and shooty and grenady in the right places. My Harrier and AC-130 helped a bunch.

But then as soon as I got the Nuke I hit fire. Was that the right thing to do? I realise that hey, it's my game I can do what I want, but is that the done thing? Should I have waited until the last seconds of the game? We were 5000/3000 in TDM, so it was pretty much guarenteed we'd win.

Still going BigBadaboom was great.

KBK
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 4:05am
The one time I got a nuke was on Estate, and I waited until after I was killed before I used it. I got up to 36 before I was whacked and used the nuke as sweet sweet retribution.

I say use it when you want, but hold off till you die atleast once so that you can keep bringing up your kill streak.

Edited by Linus - 13 January 2010 at 4:05am

TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:59am
I feel for some of the nuke guys, they use it and the host backs out. Robbed.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:51am
I think that the addition of a nuke was more detrimental to the game than anything.  Maybe in FFA or something, but in Team matches, I don't believe it is fair for one member of one team to be able to decide the entire game.  Sure, one could argue that anyone with a 25+ K/D is essentially doing that without said perk, but I still think it is overkill.  Then you also have those instances where players who are very good get stuck on a bad or mediocre team.  Where as the other team can be up thousands of points and would win 9 times out of 10, that single great player on the other team wins it for them.  Then you also have the fact that the match is cut quite short, which means waiting another 30 seconds to 2 minutes for the next game to start, which is also a pain.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 10:11am
NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 12:41pm
one time i got it in rundown, used it right away as we were about to lose and there was only a minute or so left in the game. ive never heard anybody complain about a teammate getting a nuke so i think you were safe
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 1:05pm
So, I take it that the tactical nuke ends the whole match right?

I wouldn't know since my xbox isn't back from repair yet (it should be arriving today) but I know that back when I played CoD:UO while we didn't have anything that would end the game outright, we did have arty strikes which were re-usable every 2.5min or so. Those things were great! You'd get two guys with 40+ kills (not streaks) and then call in artillery on the opposing team's flag then run in and grab it and have someone grab you with a jeep and then take off for the hills. Great fun, and teamwork was mandatory.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:25pm
Yes, using the nuke isntantly wins the match for whoever uses the nuke.

Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 3:11pm
You earned it, so you decide when to use it.

I've only called in one so far, and when I got it, I was so excited I just called it in right away. I'm dead set on getting another one, though and waiting till I die to call it in like Linus said. I have my killstreaks set as harrier, chopper gunner, nuke, and I use the SCAR red dot with Hardline pro on. Oddly enough, the nuke I got was when I was using my sniping class on Afghan, and the only other times I've come close (like 24 kills close) were under the same circumstances.
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 3:55pm
Dest, yeah, I was initially going " Don't kill me, don't kill me!", then "don't turn around! OMFG don't turn around" then "Bwahahahahahahaah!"

My kit was (sorry to say it) a Tvor-21 with underslung shotgun, M9 with Tac knife, Semtex, Flashbangs, Lightweight, Marathon and Commando. I needed those in the end because I'd used all my AR ammo, all my shotgun ammo, and my M9 was empty. I got the last two kills with my knife and I picked up an M4. That got me another kill as I was hightailing it out of there. I was way too stoked to think about trying to get a better KD, I just went with it.

Booooooooooooom.

My kill streaks are Harrier, AC-130 and the nuke.

If you place that Harrier right it kicks ass. An airstrike AND a COD4 heli in one? Sign me up.

KBK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 3:58pm
i think the chopper gunner is alot easier to get kills with over the AC130
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

i think the chopper gunner is alot easier to get kills with over the AC130

It is. Also easier to shoot down.
Que pasa?

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 4:19pm
But it is also easier to shoot down. I know, I do it often. I've only hit as couple of AC-130's, but I swat helicopters down like flies. Both player ones and NPC ones.

(Besides, I just like the idea of an AC-130. I've liked them since the AC-47 and even like the AC-119. I'd LOVE to be an AC-130 crewman. What do I do? Fly cargo planes, you know, nothing much :) I'd LOVE to get my hands on an AC-27! Hope those aren't cancelled permanently)
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 4:43pm
I'd hold of until I get killed, might as well get as high a streak as you can.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

(Besides, I just like the idea of an AC-130. I've liked them since the AC-47 and even like the AC-119. I'd LOVE to be an AC-130 crewman. What do I do? Fly cargo planes, you know, nothing much :) I'd LOVE to get my hands on an AC-27! Hope those aren't cancelled permanently)

AC-130's aren't cargo planes O_o

C-130's are the cargo version. AC-130 are the armed combat version.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

AC-130's aren't cargo planes O_o

C-130's are the cargo version. AC-130 are the armed combat version.

I think that's what he was saying. He said he'd love to be an AC-130 crewman, but all he gets to do right now is fly cargo planes.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:33pm
I remember the AC-130 from Battlefield Desert Combat. Such a great mod...
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:52pm
I love Emergency Supply Drop... it's like X-mas every match.

TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:06pm
 Harrier Strike, Chopper Gunner, Nuke, setup I run with, 44 kill streak.

The care packages do not count towards you're kill streak bonus.
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

I love Emergency Supply Drop... it's like X-mas every match.

until your teammates start taking them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic