14 [40.00%]
21 [60.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jay or Conan
    Posted: 12 January 2010 at 6:48pm
Screw Jay.

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

People of Earth:

In the last few days, I’ve been getting a lot of sympathy calls, and I want to start by making it clear that no one should waste a second feeling sorry for me. For 17 years, I’ve been getting paid to do what I love most and, in a world with real problems, I’ve been absurdly lucky. That said, I’ve been suddenly put in a very public predicament and my bosses are demanding an immediate decision.

Six years ago, I signed a contract with NBC to take over “The Tonight Show” in June of 2009. Like a lot of us, I grew up watching Johnny Carson every night and the chance to one day sit in that chair has meant everything to me. I worked long and hard to get that opportunity, passed up far more lucrative offers, and since 2004, I have spent literally hundreds of hours thinking of ways to extend the franchise long into the future. It was my mistaken belief that, like my predecessor, I would have the benefit of some time and, just as important, some degree of ratings support from the prime-time schedule. Building a lasting audience at 11:30 is impossible without both.

But sadly, we were never given that chance. After only seven months, with my “Tonight Show” in its infancy, NBC has decided to react to their terrible difficulties in prime time by making a change in their long-established late night schedule.

Last Thursday, NBC executives told me they intended to move the “Tonight Show” to 12:05 to accommodate the “Jay Leno Show” at 11:35. For 60 years, the “Tonight Show” has aired immediately following the late local news. I sincerely believe that delaying the “Tonight Show” into the next day to accommodate another comedy program will seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. The “Tonight Show” at 12:05 simply isn’t the “Tonight Show.” Also, if I accept this move I will be knocking the “Late Night” show, which I inherited from David Letterman and passed on to Jimmy Fallon, out of its long-held time slot. That would hurt the other NBC franchise that I love, and it would be unfair to Jimmy.

So it has come to this: I cannot express in words how much I enjoy hosting this program and what an enormous personal disappointment it is for me to consider losing it. My staff and I have worked unbelievably hard, and we are very proud of our contribution to the legacy of “The Tonight Show.” But I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is its destruction. Some people will make the argument that with DVRs and the Internet, a time slot doesn’t matter. But with the “Tonight Show,” I believe nothing could matter more.

There has been speculation about my going to another network but, to set the record straight, I currently have no other offer and honestly have no idea what happens next. My hope is that NBC and I can resolve this quickly so that my staff, crew, and I can do a show we can be proud of, for a company that values our work.

Have a great day and, for the record, I am truly sorry about my hair; it’s always been that way.

Yours,

Conan

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
¤ RĺpˇĐ Fˇrč ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RĺpˇĐ Fˇrč ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 6:52pm
Anyone with class would choose Jay. His show is funny, yet remains classy and professional.

Conan acts like an immature four year-old. He always makes the dumbest appearances as the beginning of his shows, and the jokes are awful. I can honestly say that I find him to be one the most annoying people on this planet.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 6:54pm
Conan for sure.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 6:55pm
Leno > Conan
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 7:03pm
The only good that would come from moving Conan back is also moving Jimmy Fallon back and decreasing the likelihood of me finding him during a late-night channel surf.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 7:34pm
Conan.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 7:35pm
Not making any point here, but what happened to Jay retiring and becoming a writer for pop mech?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 8:27pm
Conan
tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 8:29pm
wow. conan.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 8:43pm
Neither but certainly not Leno
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 9:13pm
Colbert
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by ¤ RĺpˇĐ Fˇrč ¤ ¤ RĺpˇĐ Fˇrč ¤ wrote:

Anyone with class would choose Jay. His show is funny, yet remains classy and professional.

Conan acts like an immature four year-old. He always makes the dumbest appearances as the beginning of his shows, and the jokes are awful. I can honestly say that I find him to be one the most annoying people on this planet.

Exactly how I feel. Very rarely do I chuckle with Conan.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
TheSpookyKids87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Heh-heh heh-heh - You said "post"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSpookyKids87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 9:16pm
conan
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 9:58pm
I'm not entirely certain why I should give a crap at all. 

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 10:22pm
Conan definitely. If not for his show just for his hair comment.
Que pasa?

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I don’t have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 10:33pm
I used to like Leno's show, but I haven't watched it in forever, and I hadn't seen any of it in the 10PM slot. However, I never thought Conan was funny...but I do feel like Conan is getting shafted by NBC, and I think I'd do the same thing if I were in his shoes.

Edited by Shub - 12 January 2010 at 10:34pm
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 10:42pm
I hate Conan's show...a lot.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

You can actually stand leno's new show?

Eesh.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 11:32pm
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 12:31am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

You can actually stand leno's new show?

Eesh.
No, I won't watch him either. I just can't stand Conan. He's weird and obnoxious.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic