Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Threads same as 98 Cutom??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marceleonidas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marceleonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 Threads same as 98 Cutom??
    Posted: 11 January 2010 at 11:31am
hey guys! im really having a problem knowing what kind of barrel threads an A-5 uses.
Im kinda pushed for time quick responses would be great!

Thanks!
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 12:53pm
No, they are not the same threads. You can get barrel adapters to make one work with the other. 

I did not fully understand you question otherwise.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 1:29pm
A5, X7 and Pro Carbine have the same threading. I think he's asking if they are Cocker, Spyder, etc threaded. They are not. Threading is specific to these markers.   98 threads are different as well.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 11 January 2010 at 1:30pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marceleonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 2:58pm
ok sorry i was in a rush.
I have a tac 5 recon, my brother has a 98 custom. i have an Empire Twister barrel for my tac-5. my brother has a very nice home forged barrel for 98 custom.

I f I were to get an A-5 would i be able to use either of the barrels I mentioned above?

if not, ive got no idea of what kind of adapter i would need to use.

Thanks!
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by Marceleonidas Marceleonidas wrote:

ok sorry i was in a rush.
I have a tac 5 recon, my brother has a 98 custom. i have an Empire Twister barrel for my tac-5. my brother has a very nice home forged barrel for 98 custom.

JT markers are Spyder threaded. As mentioned, 98 and A5 are proprietary.

I f I were to get an A-5 would i be able to use either of the barrels I mentioned above?

Not without adapters

if not, ive got no idea of what kind of adapter i would need to use.

To adapt Empire barrel, you would need an adapter that would goes from Spyder barrel threads to A5 threads: http://www.lapcopaintball.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_22&products_id=182 For the home forged, ou would need a 98 barrel thread to A5 adapter. http://www.lapcopaintball.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_24&products_id=188

Thanks!
  Here's a good link for what markers have what threads: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1756861
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marceleonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 8:48pm
wow thanks! you completely answered my question!
you guys rock! thanks oldnoob!
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 1:10pm
A5 and Spyder are close. They work. The barrel doesn't fit right and it's bad for your threads but you can shoot a Spyder barrel on an A5 and vice versa.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend doing this. 
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by buhju1 buhju1 wrote:

A5 and Spyder are close. They work. The barrel doesn't fit right and it's bad for your threads but you can shoot a Spyder barrel on an A5 and vice versa.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend doing this. 
Than why even mention it? If I remember correctly, the threads are similiar, but the length of the non-threaded parts were different and would not line up properly. Always better off just getting the proper adapter and/or barrel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic