Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hammerhead Bang Stikxx for X7/Phenom with mods??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hammerhead Bang Stikxx for X7/Phenom with mods??
    Posted: 08 January 2010 at 9:42am
Hey folks,

been scrounging up as much review information as I can about an upgrade barrel for the Phenom and I've decided to go with the Hammerhead Bang Stikxx kit  - but something has got me a little worried.
When reading the description for the Tippmann 16" Straightline, it's mentioned that:
"The new StraightLine™ will fit all shrouds and foregrips for Tippmann's X7® and A-5® markers."

Has anyone used the Bang Stikxx kit yet with any foregrip mods for the X7 or Phenom? Any issues with a foregrip fitting?
My local retailer is pretty much 'by order only' so I'm hesitant on ordering that nifty UMP foregrip for my phenom...

Thanks
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 2:49pm

You shouldn't have any issues. Most times, the only thing that makes a barrel fit shrouds or not is the diameter. In some cases the barrels are a little smaller/larger OD than the stock barrel and may fit loose/tight in the shroud. Looseness can be fixed with black electrical tape, hockey tape etc, If the barrel OD is a little larger than stock and the shroud is too tight, you can shave a bit off the inside of the foregrip with a dremel, file etc. It would be nicer if all barrel mfgs used the same OD, but they don't.

Good luck.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 3:56pm
The UMP foregrip doesn't fit the Phenom. The Phenom has TIPPMANN is raised letters. (I thought that was stupid.) The UMP foregrip would go over that but because those letters are raised, it doesn't. 

I don't understand why they didn't make TIPPMANN flush with the gun surface like they did on every other model.

I have tried this. The picture makes it look like it would work but it doesn't.

Edited by buhju1 - 08 January 2010 at 3:57pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 5:16pm
According to the Tippmann tech that I called and spoke to, the shroud will fit. It was stated that you may have to loosen the shroud to get it to fit over the raised letter and that it would cover the T and I, but it will in fact fit. Honestly, it does sound a little shoddy and if true, isn't something I would like the looks of.  Of course I would have already gotten a file out of the tool box and been rid of those pesky letters by now anyways...
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 8:01pm
We used the Battlestikxx and bang in Phenom testing. Out of the 7 or 8
barrels we used, it performed best.

Zig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 11:30pm
Darn, that doesn't bold too well for the foregrip.... Maybe I'll have to look into something else :(

Thanks TinMan for the reassurances about my barrel choice... I can't wait for it to arrive!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic