FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

installing software on a flash drive??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: installing software on a flash drive??
    Posted: 26 December 2009 at 9:55pm
So i'm sitting here at work bored as all get out.  Thank god they finally unlocked forums and facebook.  Anyway, I got to thinking it would be very nice to be able to watch a movie or 2... or 8 hours worth... on a saturday when there's nothing to do.  Unfortunately the don't have the codec required to watch dvds via the windows media player on the PCs. 

I thought I heard somewhere that you could install VLC or other software to a flash drive and could then use it to watch dvds on computers like the ones i'm on.  Is there any truth to that and is there any trick to it besides just designating the flash drive as the installation point when installing the program?

I'm pretty sure I'd be a hero here at work if I could some how watch movies on the weekends.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 10:10pm
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 5:41am
http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video

That site has a lot of different portable apps, just check the different categories.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 12:12pm
Portableapps.com owns.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic