FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boxing Day
    Posted: 26 December 2009 at 3:13am
So for the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Germany, Greenland, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Nigeria and countries in the Commonwealth of Nations it's Boxing Day. A day where we celebrate another christmas past and a new year to come with bears boxing:

File photo: Boxing Day Hong Kong 2007

DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 3:19am
Sometimes I feel like in America we do things all wrong.

This, this is amazing.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 8:59am
So is that the bear equivalent of the Tyson fight in Punch Out?
Que pasa?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 9:06am
I always celebrated boxing day by dumping all my garbage from yesterday into boxes and lighting them aflame in the back yard.

.....I like the bear thing better.

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:14pm
Just got back from the bear fights with my family, I lost $50.

Pro Tip: The bigger bear doesn't always win.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:27pm
My two uncles and their families lives out in the sticks about 45 minutes southwest of Ottawa, a couple times a year  they have bears either on their property or on the farmstead one of them owns. Anyway, a couple weeks ago they were able to live cage a pretty good sized black bear, they figure a 4 or 5 year old (those new baited cages they're selling at Canadian Tire this winter work phenomenally well, BTW).

We're having the big family get-together tomorrow, so they're holding off on the match with the one the neighbours caught until then. There are six or eight families in the area who live-trap, so the town makes a bit of a show of stretching the bear fights out over a week or two after Boxing day. It kinda sucks for the bears being caged that long before they drive them back out to the provincial park to release 'em around the new year, but it's pretty bloody entertaining.

I can't friggin' BELIEVE Manitoba's actually banned the bear fights now because of those PETA idiots. Knowing Ontario we'll probably be next. Angry

Hitman- does Halifax still do the bear fights up on Citadel Hill? I remember when I lived there there was some talk they might move them cause of that kid who got hurt...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 6:23pm
Yeah, it's still up on the Citadel Hill, only now you have to sign a waiver if you want to get in.

This Christmas, I'm back home in a more rural part of Nova Scotia. Nothing beats drinking beer and watchin' bears. It's kind of funny cause in my home town we kill the bear that wins just incase it doesn't come back for revenge. It's more for superstition then anything else, backwards rednecks thinking bears are going to hunt them down. It's foolishness if you ask me.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 6:30pm
Not sure if I'd be posting about that online... Killing the bears will get the RCMP involved. The only reason it's still legal is because of the live release provisions they put into the law back in the 60s. Confused
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Hitman Hitman wrote:

Yeah, it's still up on the Citadel Hill, only now you have to sign a waiver if you want to get in.

This Christmas, I'm back home in a more rural part of Nova Scotia. Nothing beats drinking beer and watchin' bears. It's kind of funny cause in my home town we kill the bear that wins just incase it doesn't come back for revenge. It's more for superstition then anything else, backwards rednecks thinking bears are going to hunt them down. It's foolishness if you ask me.

Hitman, I worked on the committee to stop the use of small caliber firearms to hunt bear in Halifax.
Nothing like a bear wondering around Citadel Hill with 50 or 60 .22 holes in him.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 10:05pm
I went to Vaughan Mills mall in Toronto today to watch my bears box. It was packed beyond belief.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic