Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best 98 Custom Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bunkerbuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkerbuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best 98 Custom Upgrade
    Posted: 23 December 2009 at 11:01pm
I have a Tippmann 98 Custom and I was just wondering what the best possible upgrade for this gun could be. (No upgrades currently on it) Let me know.
Thanks
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:40am
Depends what Kind of Upgrades youre looking for...Performance or Cosmetic Looks?
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:26am
BARREL!!! 
I don't care what look you're going for or how good you need it to be, the Tippmann 98 stock barrel is one of the worst stock barrels in paintball. It is meant to be upgraded.
Bunkerbuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkerbuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 6:27pm
I am definetly looking for performance upgrades.
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 4:25am
Custom Products makes great barrels for low prices.
You could look into the Flatline or Apex for increased range.

You could upgrade your hopper. I'm not a fan of the cyclone feed system but a lot of people really like it.
I would tell you to look at an electronic hopper. The Invert Too is a great loader. 

HPA tanks are great. They give you better consistency and slightly better accuracy than CO2. Also, if you live in an area where it gets really hot or cold, CO2 may either spike or drop in pressure, HPA will not.

I'm not a fan of upgrading the firing speed on a Tippmann 98 but an e-grip/response trigger are certainly options. This will give you the advantage of rapid-fire. If you get this, you need a better hopper than the standard one.

Don't go overboard... Upgrades only go so far. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KfRunoCoEc

elky jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elky jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 2:53am
I have a 98 as well and I only did performance upgrades. I got the cyclone feed, flat line barrel,  response trigger, expansion chamber, and double trigger. I wouldn't replace any of the inners like the tube and the bolt. All tubes are the same! But I purchased a couple different aftermarket bolts that was supposed to dispense the air on the ball better to improve accuracy but it would jam my gun every time. the stock stuff is much better for the 98 I have found. If I would do it again I would get the electric trigger over the response trigger though. I have never really got the response trigger tuned perfect it is alot harder to tune it on the 98 than the a5. But  when running the cyclone feed and the response trigger there is alot of air demand but it seems to keep up with it all.
pbc pro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbc pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:18am
i think the firs thing you should get for that specific gun is a dropforward system that should only run you $30-40$ it makes it easier for the co2 to go under you arm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic