FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

At the risk of opening up that old debate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: At the risk of opening up that old debate
    Posted: 23 December 2009 at 4:51am
Just reread "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton, and I revise my view from "State of Fear and AIT offer good points and bad points, take them with a grain of salt, but neither should really be 'mandatory viewing/reading' simply because they both have agendas" to "State of Fear should be read by everyone, not for the 600 pages of 'global warming is a lie!' diatribe, but for Crichton's final message and points". 

Don't get me wrong, it is a science fiction book, it is not a treatise on Climate Change, however much Crichton may try to pretend it is.  Yes he makes some legitimate points about the science, but all of his attacks are very one-sided and his portrayal of the environmental movement is a bad joke. However, he offers some very solid points about how much research we have to do, and why we should be making serious investments in alternative energy sources as well as research into land management and ecology.

I'm sure Peter will beg to differ with me on this, but if you get a chance, give it a read. 
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic