FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Book Advance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Book Advance
    Posted: 21 December 2009 at 7:08pm
I do not know if any of you read the excerpts I posted awhile back on my historical fiction book. But just got a review and an advance of $1200 for rights and contracted finish date of 1May10. It has been on a back burner for so long since it was turned down by 2 other publishers earlier in the year. This was a shock, Same sized envelope as a 'rejection' notice but a lttle fatter.

So I need to get my imagination going again and work on this, I can return advance and work under no pressure, but it is X-mass, shopping.

Draft was sent out in July, 2 immediate rejections and now this. So got to get to work, and momma the proof reader going.

If I sign contract cannot post any more excerpts, book is a scify/historical military adventure, go figure.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 9:20pm
That's pretty cool.

I don't remember the excerpts, but getting paid Thumbs Up
Que pasa?

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 9:27pm
Right on, OS! Congrats. What's the basic premise of the book?
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 9:41pm
If Hitler was an alien?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:39pm
No, a hypothetical alien 'incursion' to rescue one of thier own, and a small squad of US troops find him first(Afghan Mountians)still chasing alien and alien avoiding all. Russian and Chinese troops inserted to find the alien tech, so it is alien vs US, alien vs Russian and Chinese. Alien use magnetic energy for weapons (high density metals propelled by magnetic force at hypersonic speeds, rail gun)and propulsion, earth in late 20th century. Stranded alien neutral and avoiding, rescue aliens total hostile, and Russians and Chinese hostile to both US and alien.

Edited by oldsoldier - 21 December 2009 at 10:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic