FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Week
    Posted: 20 December 2009 at 7:31pm
Began with a trip back to NY on the rusty rails of AMTRAK. As usual running late made the 6 Hour layover supposed arrival Chicago to 20 min prior to NY bound AMTRAK 48/448 train leaving. Took coach to Chicago and a sleeper to NY. Got on train Chicago and enjoyed a wine and cheese tasting before sleeping from Chicago to almost Buffalo.

Bus from Albany to Oneonta, overnighted at a Clarion, and picked up 'repaired' van at dealer. Drove back to house in Davenport, threw rear seats in van and headed back west.

Van pulled to right (original dealer stated 'totaled' based on damage, frame was bent from firewall foward) so was a pain to drive, total hands on. Had my GI bunk in back and a hour with legs up after 4 hours driving mad the drive that much more fun. Overnighted in the van on bunk at a service plaza Ohio Turnpike, and got into Lincoln 1030PM friday.

We then marched to KIA saturday am and traded Van and momma's Rio5 for a Soul for her. So now we offset...I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 19mpg best, and Momma has a 2010 Kia Soul 31mpg best.

Sunday was X-mas shopping.....and I am now in my lounge chair, legs up and doing squat for at least two weeks. Have to go up to WI to see daughters, and then drive back NY for VA med appoitments in Jan.

30Mar I get a neuro stimulator surgically implanted in my back to hopefully get more out of my legs, and then I am in for more "Gulf War Syndrome" testing to see if that is the cause of my nervous system shutting down.....fun, fun, fun getting old.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic