FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I think I know why American car comp. are not good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think I know why American car comp. are not good
    Posted: 20 December 2009 at 4:39pm
(ran out of title space Ouch)

So, here I am sitting in my apartment. I go to look out my window, and below in the driveway there is a GM truck of one sort or another.

There are perhaps three inches of snow on the ground at the moment, and our driveway is by no means unusually steep or long. This truck failed to get up the hill four times. Then I walked away.

Congratulations GM, you made a truck that can't handle a minor New England snow storm.

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 4:50pm
Thats neat cause my Mini flew up my drive way yesterday. 
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 4:50pm
My dads F150 never had a problem and neither did my SVT Focus. But because its relevant to the thread...

I remember my friends F150 coming to the rescue a number of times like when my friends KIA Sportage got stuck in its parking space.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:12pm
Yeah, the F-150/250/350s I've used have always been great cars.  Now, Ford vans?  I hate those things.  They're decent cars, unless there are more than two of you with knees.
BU Engineering 2012
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

My dads F150 never had a problem and neither did my SVT Focus. But because its relevant to the thread...

I remember my friends F150 coming to the rescue a number of times like when my friends KIA Sportage got stuck in its parking space.

KIA's aren't a fair comparison to anything.

When I think complete POS car, I think KIA.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:28pm
My friend's KIA was awesome in high school.  That said, he got it his senior year.  It's probably exploded in a bush somewhere now.
BU Engineering 2012
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:37pm
I drive a toyota corolla in Yukon winters. I used to drive a tercel. I never got stuck, ever.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:37pm
Never had an issue with my GM car (read: Oldsmobile) in the snow and I live in CT.  We've always relied on my dad's Chevy 2500HD Silverado to get us around in the snow too - again, never had an issue.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 6:19pm
Getting stuck doesn't really have anything to do with Automaker....
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 7:24pm
Ummmm, sucky tires.

Yeah, the make of the car totally deems whether a vehicle will make it up an incline...

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 12:26am
I have about a 1000' elevation difference between school and home, I work at a ski area, and this is new england. I still have never been stuck in snow, wrapped around a tree, yes.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 4:17am
You guys are so silly.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:12am
My Chevy Blazer was amazing in the snow and ice.
Last winter, upstate NY got slammed with a mid-season ice storm that ruined a lot of people's day. We lost power and had electric heat, so I loaded my pregnant wife into the war wagon and drove 5 miles in the crap to my parents place and their wood stove. I dropped her off, then went BACK to the apartment to pick up some stuff that we'd forgotten. When I got there, the power had been restored and she decided she would rather spend the night at home. So, i did the 5 miles again, picked her up and went home. As I was walking in the door preparing to hunker down for the night, my brother calls me. He got his mazda B4000 BURIED in a snow bank. So, I drove 4 miles (odd that I know the exact mileage, but I have an obsession with that sort of thing) and actually pulled his truck out with my little 2 door blazer, then finally went home.

I passed no less than half a dozen people off the road, and my little car never slipped, slid or foundered.
Besides, 90% of the time, its the DRIVER, not the car that dictates ability to handle adverse weather conditions......and I'm awesome.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Gator Taco Gator Taco wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Were his tires bald?
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Originally posted by Gator Taco Gator Taco wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Were his tires bald?

Or was he stupid and gunning it?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:05pm
do you have sandbags, or do you lack the skills to get it in the driveway? Therefor you blame the car company.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:15pm
I'd like to take the time to point out two things:

1) Ford is a different monster than the other American car companies, in that it actually makes a decent product and is not tanking.

2) This time next year I will most likely end up in some place with real winters, which is scary, because I have no idea how those things work.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I'd like to take the time to point out two things:

1) Ford is a different monster than the other American car companies, in that it actually makes a decent product and is not tanking.

2) This time next year I will most likely end up in some place with real winters, which is scary, because I have no idea how those things work.
Just drive really slowly and as smooth as possible. Any jerking at all, will put you sideways.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 12:54am
Seriously...American cars are all junk! Just the other day, I saw a guy driving a Ford truck leave the bar and drive the thing right into a tree! They can't even build trucks that don't run into trees!

Yep, that makes about as much sense as the OP.

Edited by Shub - 22 December 2009 at 12:54am
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 12:59am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Still driving the Ranger?

Sand bags in the bed to provide extra traction as well as being cautious and you should be fine... A decent set of A/T or M/S tires are a big help as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic