FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I think I know why American car comp. are not good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 4:35am
This is why you some of you are so terrible at debating with each other and making any kind of respectable points. It's hardly possible for someone to make such a sweeping inference about the quality of American vehicles based on a single observation.

Your responses have been amusing, thank you.

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

(ran out of title space Ouch)

So, here I am sitting in my apartment. I go to look out my window, and below in the driveway there is a GM truck of one sort or another.

There are perhaps three inches of snow on the ground at the moment, and our driveway is by no means unusually steep or long. This truck failed to get up the hill four times. Then I walked away.

Congratulations GM, you made a truck that can't handle a minor New England snow storm.
2WD or 4WD?  Tires?  Weight in the bed?  Inexperienced driver?  Just because you have a truck doesn't mean you know how to operate it properly.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 9:27am
Clearly he wasn't joking
Que pasa?

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 1:51am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I'd like to take the time to point out two things:

1) Ford is a different monster than the other American car companies, in that it actually makes a decent product and is not tanking.

2) This time next year I will most likely end up in some place with real winters, which is scary, because I have no idea how those things work.

Just as long as you understand the principle of traction.

Traction can be put to use for 3 different things, acceleration, deceleration,  and course correction. On a regular road, when you overuse your traction, you tires squeal. On slush or ice, they slip.

Try to speed up, or brake too hard. Try to turn too hard, turn while brakeing or speeding up, and you slip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic