FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People I Hate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

In FL, pulling over for an ambulance is a courtesy, it's not required.

Which is why I'll pull over if I am on a two lane road. If it is four+ lanes, then there is no need to.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

In FL, pulling over for an ambulance is a courtesy, it's not required. I'm not sure if the same goes for police and fire, as they are actually government vehicles while most ambulances I know of are private companies.

Not true.

First, most 911 ambulances in Florida are owned and operated by fire departments. Second, an emergency vehicle is an emergency vehicle. Private ambulances often run on 911 calls to places like nursing homes. If the lights are on, you are required by law to pull over. Florida enacted the "Pull over" law back in 2002.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Not true.

First, most 911 ambulances in Florida are owned and operated by fire departments. Second, an emergency vehicle is an emergency vehicle. Private ambulances often run on 911 calls to places like nursing homes. If the lights are on, you are required by law to pull over. Florida enacted the "Pull over" law back in 2002.

It's never not funny.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 11:54am
Hey, I just like proving you wrong, and every once in a while it actually happens. Let me cherish my moment for it might be a while till my next.

pepprdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Zeus of the Mod Squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepprdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 11:56am
What Reb Cpl said......

NRA Certified;Range Safety officer
NRA Certified Instructor:     
Basic Pistol-Home Firearm Safety-Ohio Concealed Carry
"Refuse to be a victim"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:19pm

Hey, I just like proving you wrong, and every once in a while it actually happens. Let me cherish my moment for it might be a while till my next.

I think you are confusing myself and Tolga.

We are both from Florida, but are indeed different folks.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:24pm
You said you didn't feel you had to pull over in a 4-lane road.

So you obviously know when the emergency vehicle is going to have to turn right or left at an intersection or driveway. Wish I had that ability.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:28pm

You said you didn't feel you had to pull over in a 4-lane road.

It's not that I don't feel like I have to pull over. It's that I don't pull over. Huge difference there.

It's worked for me so far Big smile

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:51pm
I figure I should contribute with my own list:

• Job related:
    • People who will have a 10 minute conversation with me about something, knowing I am a reporter, and then will ask that I not use any of it
    • TV cameramen who won't just shoot wireless at a crime scene or some place with a crap-ton of other TV cameramen, causing everyone to trip over their octopus cords.
    • People who talk at 1000 mph and make transcribing 5 minutes worth of interview a 30 minute ordeal. 
    • People who blame "the media" for all their problems, as if we are one collective group. 
    • Bloggers pretending to be journalists. 
    • Whoever manages and schedules College Publisher's server down-time. 
    • People who don't understand the concept of deadline.
    • People who turn in crappy copy over and over even though we tell them it is bad.
    • ANYONE who uses an adverb or any other -ly modifier in a news article.
    • Readers who confuse an opinions stance or column with a news article. 
  • Life related:
    • People who perpetuate urban legend. I don't know why, but this one really gets me. I hate it so much.
    • SEC goobers.
    • Big 12 homers.
    • People who will send me an e-mail saying "Call me" without any information as to what I am calling them about.
    • People who will circle a parking lot for hours instead of just grabbing one in the back.
    • People who subscribe to the anti-intelligence movement (modern "Real American" conservatives) 
    • People who hate the designated pitcher rule. Pitchers are not normal players. They don't play a whole games. They sometimes only play a quarter of a game. Why make them bat in circulation like a normal player?
    • Tim Tebow apologists.
    • People who think the Civil War wasn't about slavery and the teachers that actually teach that.
    • Anarchist liberals and libertarians (same thing).
    • Old people who don't understand the concept of texting (substitute any technology here).
    • People who irrationally hate Facebook and Twitter.
    • Democrats who talk too much about problems in society without doing anything about it.
    • Democrats who are afraid of everything (guns, offending people, speaking too loudly, etc.)
    • Social conservatives.
    • People who say "I don't mind gay people I just don't want 'em hitting on me hyuck hyuck."
    • People who say rap is not music.
    • Fraternities.
    • Sororities.
    • People who think you need to drink straight whiskey to be drinking a "man drink."
    • Beer snobs.
    • People who claim they refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.
    • People who drive full-sized pickups and don't need to tow/haul anything.
    • Those that refuse to apologize even if they know they are wrong.
    • Those that refuse to apologize for anything even if they know it will help the situation.
    • People who use the term "political correctness" like it is a derogatory word.
    • Those who have no idea how the government works. It is not hard to know basic orders and procedures.
    • Political radio talk shows -of either side- where it is just one person talking. It's weird. It's not conversation or dialogue. Just one person spouting off talking points. And the creepy people who listen to that all day long.
    • People who go 80 mph no matter the size of the road or the speed limit.
    • Hipsters.

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:55pm
So full of hate....
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Not true.

It's never not funny.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:00pm
[/QUOTE]
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is start off each Linus post with "FACT..." and I will laugh aloud wherever I am.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:02pm

• People who think the Civil War wasn't about slavery and the teachers that actually teach that.

Someday, you and I need to have a long, long talk about this.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I'm pretty sure we have on this forum before. We agreed to disagree.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:05pm

Oh, good. Lets leave it at that then.
I know I've been into it before, I didn't remember if it was with you or not.

However, 99% of the rest of your list made me want to stand up and applaud.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:16pm

It's been a while. Being on this forum long enough is like being in a nursing home. You forget who you were arguing with about watching As the World Turns vs. Guiding Light.

Also, I don't mind having a logical debate. We're not FE and Jmac.

I mean, I understand the argument that it was about the rights of states to act independently of the federal structure when it comes to internal governance, but I'm hard pressed to find other states rights that the southern states were willing to take up arms for other than the right to maintain slavery. They knew that as the agricultural powerhouse of the nation, if the procedure of slavery was phased out, they would go bankrupt.

They were fighting to save their asses financially and for the ability to draw a line of self-governance, I get that. But when it boils down to it, the state right, and the finanicial stability was in the form of maintaining human slavery.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:45pm

It's been a while. Being on this forum long enough is like being in a nursing home. You forget who you were arguing with about watching As the World Turns vs. Guiding Light.

I mean, I understand the argument that it was about the rights of states to act independently of the federal structure when it comes to internal governance, but I'm hard pressed to find other states rights that the southern states were willing to take up arms for other than the right to maintain slavery. They knew that as the agricultural powerhouse of the nation, if the procedure of slavery was phased out, they would go bankrupt.

They were fighting to save their asses financially and for the ability to draw a line of self-governance, I get that. But when it boils down to it, the state right, and the finanicial stability was in the form of maintaining human slavery.

So what about the Northern states? What were they fighting for? Wasn't to stop slavery.

EDIT: Opinion^

Edited by jmac3 - 24 December 2009 at 1:46pm
Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

So what about the Northern states? What were they fighting for? Wasn't to stop slavery.EDIT: Opinion^

A shoe factory in Gettysburg.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

So what about the Northern states? What were they fighting for? Wasn't to stop slavery.

EDIT: Opinion^

The "northern states" were not really doing much of the fighting independently. They fell in line with the concept of federalism - It was the U.S. Government doing the directing.

That said, the U.S. was attempting to keep the country together as one unit, and to maintain the agricultural supplies the southern states had.

People can forget sometime that the war wasn't between states (Save Kansas vs. Missouri), rather, it was the U.S. vs. the C.S.A. However, the C.S.A was acting less as a group and more of a collection of individual members, usually to their detriment.

To finalize my point, I never said that the U.S. Civil War was -only- about slavery. But, growing up in the south, you are taught in social studies classes that the war was ONLY about states rights and slavery was just a back-burner issue. That is what bugs me.

Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:11pm
I don't get yous kids and ya text messages. If I wanna talk to someone I dial them on the phone. So much easier than pressin' all those little buttons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic