FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People I Hate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

]

The "northern states" were not really doing much of the fighting independently. They fell in line with the concept of federalism - It was the U.S. Government doing the directing.

That said, the U.S. was attempting to keep the country together as one unit, and to maintain the agricultural supplies the southern states had.

People can forget sometime that the war wasn't between states (Save Kansas vs. Missouri), rather, it was the U.S. vs. the C.S.A. However, the C.S.A was acting less as a group and more of a collection of individual members, usually to their detriment.

To finalize my point, I never said that the U.S. Civil War was -only- about slavery. But, growing up in the south, you are taught in social studies classes that the war was ONLY about states rights and slavery was just a back-burner issue. That is what bugs me.

Agreed with your post.

Also, maybe this is the difference that I didn't get why you were saying it was about slavery. I was really never taught that it was a states rights issue. It was always about the good US government defeating the evil southerners and their slavery(exaggerated of course).
Que pasa?

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

In FL, pulling over for an ambulance is a courtesy, it's not required. I'm not sure if the same goes for police and fire, as they are actually government vehicles while most ambulances I know of are private companies.

Not true.

First, most 911 ambulances in Florida are owned and operated by fire departments. Second, an emergency vehicle is an emergency vehicle. Private ambulances often run on 911 calls to places like nursing homes. If the lights are on, you are required by law to pull over. Florida enacted the "Pull over" law back in 2002.

I don't doubt the validity of what you say about government ambulances, but my information on pulling over is from my EVOC training, which I received in March of this year. I don't doubt the police will help, but as far as the law goes, I was taught by prominent firefighters and paramedics about it.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 3:25pm
If your EVOC teachers specifically said "You don't need to pull over for private ambulances, just fire ones" then they are wrong. The Florida "Pull Over" law does not differentiate between private and public ambulances. They all run on emergencies.

Rural/Metro does 911 in some parts of Florida, and is one of the only private ambulances to do so. Does that mean they have less of a right to make vehicles pull over for them then a fire based ambulance does?

An ambulance is an ambulance. If their lights and sirens are on, you pull over. It's the law. It doesnt matter if they are private, 3rd service, fire based, or police department based. They all get the same treatment.

Edited by Linus - 24 December 2009 at 3:29pm

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

If your EVOC teachers specifically said "You don't need to pull over for private ambulances, just fire ones" then they are wrong. The Florida "Pull Over" law does not differentiate between private and public ambulances. They all run on emergencies.

Rural/Metro does 911 in some parts of Florida, and is one of the only private ambulances to do so. Does that mean they have less of a right to make vehicles pull over for them then a fire based ambulance does?

An ambulance is an ambulance. If their lights and sirens are on, you pull over. It's the law. It doesnt matter if they are private, 3rd service, fire based, or police department based. They all get the same treatment.

They said nothing differentiating between government and fire.

Last I heard, which was in April, Volusia County (where I got my training) was still dominated by a private ambulance company that does all transport. Fire has ambulances, but they still had to let the private company do transport.

The instructors were saying that it's a courtesy to pull over not a law. I was speculating through my own ideas whether or not any law was limited to government vehicles.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

]

The "northern states" were not really doing much of the fighting independently. They fell in line with the concept of federalism - It was the U.S. Government doing the directing.

That said, the U.S. was attempting to keep the country together as one unit, and to maintain the agricultural supplies the southern states had.

People can forget sometime that the war wasn't between states (Save Kansas vs. Missouri), rather, it was the U.S. vs. the C.S.A. However, the C.S.A was acting less as a group and more of a collection of individual members, usually to their detriment.

To finalize my point, I never said that the U.S. Civil War was -only- about slavery. But, growing up in the south, you are taught in social studies classes that the war was ONLY about states rights and slavery was just a back-burner issue. That is what bugs me.

Agreed with your post.

Also, maybe this is the difference that I didn't get why you were saying it was about slavery. I was really never taught that it was a states rights issue. It was always about the good US government defeating the evil southerners and their slavery(exaggerated of course).

My Chemistry teacher from (Georgia I think) refuses to believe the North won the Civil War.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 24 December 2009 at 5:48pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 1:29am
People who bring 5 carry-on bags into the plane and take an entire row's carry on space with his luggage alone.  I AM TALKING TO YOU TENNIS GUY!  1 bag of the specified size and one small item, not 1 bag that only fits in longways, a duffel bag, a laptop case, a case for all of your tennis gear, and another small bag.  Throw it all in a big bag and pay the 15$ to check it you cheap ass.

Also, the nancy airline employees who allow them to do so. 
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 2:03am
People that snore.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

People who bring 5 carry-on bags into the plane and take an entire row's carry on space with his luggage alone.  I AM TALKING TO YOU TENNIS GUY!  1 bag of the specified size and one small item, not 1 bag that only fits in longways, a duffel bag, a laptop case, a case for all of your tennis gear, and another small bag.  Throw it all in a big bag and pay the 15$ to check it you cheap ass.

you must not live in the US. You can't carry on a tennis racket.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

People that snore.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Brian Fellows Brian Fellows wrote:

People who don't leave their porch light on so you can see their address

You can't count?

Well, where I was delivering there's often no logical order to addresses.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 1:05pm
My street has random order too. I have a number and my next door neighbor has some completely different number. I don't even know what it is.

If they ordered somthing like Pizza, they should turn on the porch light.

Edited by RoboCop - 25 December 2009 at 1:06pm

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

you must not live in the US. You can't carry on a tennis racket.

This guy did, the handles were sticking out fo the bag.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 5:36pm
The white trash female at Walmart the other night threatening to "give her child something to cry about" before shoving her obese 7 year old to the ground, threatening her and then attempting to assault me because I had the audacity to question her wonderful parenting skills.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Gator Taco Gator Taco wrote:

The white trash female at Walmart the other night threatening to "give her child something to cry about" before shoving her obese 7 year old to the ground, threatening her and then attempting to assault me because I had the audacity to question her wonderful parenting skills.

We don't know the whole situation, so you can't really say that her use of force wasn't justified yet.  Pushing her was clearly the safest means of control for both the officer and the girl. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic