FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

laptop at final exams?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: laptop at final exams?
    Posted: 16 December 2009 at 1:30pm
so i'm sitting in the classroom about to take the final...its open book and we were allowed to bring our laptops, type it up in class and just send it to her before the time the exam is supposed to be over...anyone else have a professor that does anything like this?

btw- not complaining by any means, just thought it was a little odd
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 1:34pm
So... write it up beforehand, get it edited, get a really high mark?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 1:38pm
that was what i meant to add in there...but yeah doesnt that seem a little odd?
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 2:53pm
Very, very odd.  Yes.
BU Engineering 2012
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 3:59pm
I had a take home midterm that they gave us several days to do. Literally sat down with a friend and used spotlight to find keywords in readings, then opened the readings and apple+f'd for that keyword, then re-wrote the answer.
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:41pm
I had an English final like that back in high school. The teacher gave us the essay questions ahead of time and told us we could bring our laptops to the exam period to type up the essays instead of handwriting them.

Every single person walked into that exam period with their laptops and their essays already typed up.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 7:10pm
Gotta say that's a cool idea. But what about those with no laptop?
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 7:42pm
they had to write it out by hand in the blue books....the spread was about 50/50 among the class
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 10:57pm
For a college final, i'm pretty sure I could find the motivation to spend $300 on a little 10 in laptop to ensure an A.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 11:34pm
I would just write it out in a blue book.  I spent two hours writing in them today, no problems.

Would write again.
BU Engineering 2012
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:03am
We use laptops for exams. We install a program that puts it into a coma like state and the only thing you have access to is a basic word processor.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 12:27pm
we didn't...and even if we had, some people just went into their word processor and pulled up the files with the essays already done..got to love it i guess
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 12:42pm
Maybe you should have gone to a harder school or taken a harder class.

What is the point of taking the class if one chooses to cheat on a midterm, test, paper, whatever?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 2:34pm
the point of taking the class? easy. it was on the list of required classes to take. its the history of china and japan since 1800, and i'm a history major.

as for going to a harder school, i went to one the army said they'd pay for...granted i never said i was complaining about the school, just one professor.

just biting another 1.5 years until i get my commission and go do some active time...frankly college sucks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

frankly college sucks

You're doing it wrong.

I'll admit that there are aspects of college I don't enjoy, but overall I find it to be a fun, helpful experience.
BU Engineering 2012
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

frankly college sucks

You're doing it wrong.

Word. I love having the chance to learn so much. I could deal with not having the pressure of exams/doing well, but meh.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

frankly college sucks

You're doing it wrong.

Word. I love having the chance to learn so much. I could deal with not having the pressure of exams/doing well, but meh.

Frankly, I don't feel that pressed.  I'm sure working is going to suck a lot more than this, although I'm not dreading that either.  I'll do what I want, being rich isn't too high on my list of things to do.
BU Engineering 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic