FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Follow me to St. Pete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Follow me to St. Pete
    Posted: 16 December 2009 at 10:00am
I'm heading off to St. Petersburg for four days to cover the St. Petersburg Bowl, where my university is playing on Saturday.

I, along with my sports editors and a photographer, have a hotel room in order to cover the stuff the team does before the game.

I know you are all the crowd that doesn't approve of Twitter, but you can follow me on www.Twitter.com/JeffreyKRiley as I intend on using the account as my sort of journal while I am there.

Heard.

Get at me.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 1:11pm
I hope you enjoy watching my school kick your school's ass. 
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 1:17pm

UCF got invited to a bowl game? Pool must have gotten really shallow... lol.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by cdacda13 cdacda13 wrote:

I hope you enjoy watching my school kick your school's ass. 

That is a likely outcome.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 9:36pm
I did LOL at the "we get to keep Rutgers University" comment.
BU Engineering 2012
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

I did LOL at the "we get to keep Rutgers University" comment.

Full tweet (And I hate that word)
Quote According to the rules of a bowl game, like pink sheet racing, if we win, we get to keep Rutgers University.

Can you please move the university to Florida, in the off chance you win?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 9:33pm
*Darth Vader* I find your lack of updates disturbing.
BU Engineering 2012
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 2:09pm
That was some game. Rutgers killed UCF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 2:19pm
Surprise surprise!

Well, at least the massive amount of taxpayer money is going to a winning program.

(In case you didn't know, I'm very angry at the decisions New Jersey and Rutgers have made in regard to their athletic programs.  It's why I didn't go there, or at last one of the reasons.)
BU Engineering 2012
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 2:26pm

(In case you didn't know, I'm very angry at the decisions New Jersey and Rutgers have made in regard to their athletic programs.  It's why I didn't go there, or at last one of the reasons.)
I'm sure they missed you.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 2:27pm
I'm pretty sure their now-jobless crew coach did.
BU Engineering 2012
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 3:32pm
Guess he should have coached football instead.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 3:57pm
Apparently, then he'd be making a million dollars a year.

But no, let's cut a hundred varsity athletes (I believe they cut 13 sports, if I remember correctly) so we can pay for a small fraction of the football program.  That makes sense.
BU Engineering 2012
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 4:58pm

Apparently, then he'd be making a million dollars a year.

But no, let's cut a hundred varsity athletes (I believe they cut 13 sports, if I remember correctly) so we can pay for a small fraction of the football program.  That makes sense.
Unfortunately, from a business standpoint, it actually does. Cutting sports that cost the school money and keeping those that generate money, does in fact make good business sense. Kind of Darwinian wouldn't you agree?  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:08pm
Rutgers doesn't make money off their football program.

And I don't see it happening -- they're surrounded by professional teams.
BU Engineering 2012
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:19pm
According to this:  http://www.scarletknights.com/crew/news/release.asp?prID=4153 it was only six sports, and partly due to an 80 million dollar reduction in funding. Can't hardly blame them for cancelling a dying sport. You do realize they make motors for those things now right?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:24pm
You do realize they have football on the Xbox now, don't you?

Cutting football would save them $3+ million a year, two and half times what all six sports cost together (and that's just the money they're losing right now, not what they're spending).

Also, Rutgers crew will be returning to varsity status in the near future, and will have a brand new boat house for it, thanks to literally thousands of alums who both gave money and berated the administration that somehow think that spending $102 million on a stadium expansion for a program losing $3 million a year is a good deal.
BU Engineering 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic