FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pokemon is from the devil!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

I do feel like there is a big differance between stereotypes and representatives. .

And with that, sneaky takes the thread

Actually he just agreed with me and jmac.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

LOL YOU CALLED ME IGNORANT HOW CLEVER OF YOU

Is he Christian? Is he in the public? Then yes he does.

Yes one moron does. Especially when that moron is very visible.

Osama Bin Laden represents Muslims because he is visible to the world(kind of?)

Yes he does represent Christians whether you like it or not.

It does not matter if there are 432343423423423423 different types of Christians who don't agree with him. The man represents the faith he subscribes just by standing up and saying he does.

No it is not different. To people who don't know the difference the man represents Christians.
Just like Osama Bin Laden earlier. To the ignorant he is what all Muslims are like.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 16 December 2009 at 4:44pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

I do feel like there is a big differance between stereotypes and representatives. .

I just skipped most of jmac's posts and skimmed yours, so if you were also saying that this preacher is not representative of Christianity and that type of silly evangelical preaching is a stereotype or blanket view to the ignorant of what Christianity believes in, rather then a legitimate representation, then sure.

I will agree though, that this man is a fair representation of the particular branch of Christianity he preaches for.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:50pm

How so? I believe the preacher is contributing to a stereotype. I in no way at all stated the preacher is a representative of Christianity as a whole. You may consider the terms to be synonyms, but I do not.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:50pm
LOL DID YOU QUOTE ME AND CALL ME IGNORANT?

HOW CLEVER OF YOU
Que pasa?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:51pm

I will agree though, that this man is a fair representation of the particular branch of Christianity he preaches for.

Which to people who don't know the difference is representative of all Christianity.

Que pasa?

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:53pm
I'm fairly confused as to how you stand by such comments, claim that they only apply to ignorant people, and then again stand behind them again.

Troll is troll.

Edited by Glassjaw - 16 December 2009 at 4:54pm
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:55pm
They were right. You are a dick.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:56pm

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Of course! This moron represents all Christians, right?

Which to people who don't know the difference is representative of all Christianity.

...So do you or don't know know the difference? You've asserted that he is a representative of Christianity. And yet you've said that only people who don't know the difference believe that.

The only logical solution is that you know that you don't know that there's a difference..?

The alternatives are that you're just kind of slow, or that you're deliberately troling (and succeeding), but committing the unforgivable forum sin of failing to amuse. 

Trolling religious folks CAN be funny if a) they're SRSBUSINESS! enough and b) you do in in a funny way, but so far you're swinging and missing...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:56pm

LOL DID YOU QUOTE ME AND CALL ME IGNORANT?
I think you've done a good enough job of that on your own.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:04pm
Brihard, I know he is not what all Christians are like. This does not change the fact that to others he is seen as what Christians are. Why is that so hard to understand?

Him standing on TV as a Christian and publicly doing stupid things makes people think that is what Christians do.

Some examples:

Go to a sporting event. Sit next to a rude/rowdy fan. Now I would know that he isn't what all fans are like. Someone else might sit next to him(maybe from another state rooting for the away team) and be like "OMG THAT TEAM'S FANS ARE ALL A-HOLES"

Or how about someone like FE? Yes we know he isn't what all Republicans are like, but people like him gives Republicans bad names. In fact Sneaky I am pretty sure you have said as much. If FE isn't what Republicans are like, how is he giving them bad names?
Que pasa?

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:11pm

Brihard, I know he is not what all Christians are like. This does not change the fact that to others he is seen as what Christians are. Why is that so hard to understand?

Him standing on TV as a Christian and publicly doing stupid things makes people think that is what Christians do.

Some examples:

Go to a sporting event. Sit next to a rude/rowdy fan. Now I would know that he isn't what all fans are like. Someone else might sit next to him(maybe from another state rooting for the away team) and be like "OMG THAT TEAM'S FANS ARE ALL A-HOLES"

Or how about someone like FE? Yes we know he isn't what all Republicans are like, but people like him gives Republicans bad names. In fact Sneaky I am pretty sure you have said as much. If FE isn't what Republicans are like, how is he giving them bad names?

Then by your logic, your posts here make all Americans look like idiots who can't debate a point in a coherent manner. Fortunately I know that not to be true. So then what you really mean to say is that him standing on TV and saying stupid stuff makes stupid people think that all Christians are like that..

You started out by saying 'yes he does' in response to the matter of 'does he represent all Christians?'. You can't suddenly go back and put caveats on your statement retroactively without admitting that you've contradicted yourself.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:14pm
Yes that logic is correct Brihard. Exactly. The thing is you know this not to be true. Someone elseonly exposed to my posts would not know this therefore I represent Americans on the Internet.

And no not stupid people, ignorant people, as in people who don't know any better.

I am still saying yes he does, I have not contradicted myself.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Only people with very small intellects think that one person represents the whole.
and Jmac, you continue to fail at seeing the point I have posted several times now where I said that stereotypes =/= representatives. Can people help further the stereotypical image? Of course. But it is still incorrect by my definition to say that he is a representative of christianity as a whole. I think our real issue lies in a conflict of terminology, which I have adressed two or three times now... But if the troll must continue to kick the dead bronco, let him continue.

Forum Vice President
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:18pm
Sneaky to go back and quote Eville

This group its self is not a stereotype, but representative of christianity that people may use to form stereotypes.  He could be a basis for a stereotype, but is not the stereotype himself.
Que pasa?

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:19pm

How so? I believe the preacher is contributing to a stereotype. I in no way at all stated the preacher is a representative of Christianity as a whole. You may consider the terms to be synonyms, but I do not.

Re read my posts.  Being representative and being a representative are two different things.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:23pm

Sneaky to go back and quote Eville

This group its self is not a stereotype, but representative of christianity that people may use to form stereotypes.  He could be a basis for a stereotype, but is not the stereotype himself.
Agreed. He is very much the basis for a stereotype. Even still, that does not, by my terminology make him a representative of the Christian religion. I don't know why you refuse to accept that this entire argument is a difference of our own personal terminology...

Forum Vice President
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 6:16pm
I am not saying he is representative, I am saying that to some people he is a representative.  Not that difficult of a concept to grasp.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 7:25pm
niiice
I ♣ hippies.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Of course! This moron represents all Christians, right?

Is that like saying L. Ron Hubbard represented all Christians?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic