Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ok guys...is this one justified?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ok guys...is this one justified?
    Posted: 15 December 2009 at 7:26am
Now, I know this isn't a 10 y/o child...But none the less. 
It sucks being antisocial alone.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 7:29am
The sword says yes. 

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 7:35am
Well duh this is justified, its a grown man with a katana!
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 7:44am
Hell, they would have been justified in immediately proceeding to lethal force. The fact that they restricted their use of force to a taser, even after it had already failed once, was unquestionably courageous, though perhaps not the best judgement- having already been tasered, the man came at them with a sword. I'm astonished he wasn't shot.

Good on the cops though, and it's unfortunate it ended in tragedy.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 8:48am
That's exactly the type of situation the Taser was invented to solve.

Sad that it ended how it did.
BU Engineering 2012
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:15pm
No obviously not. He died.

Are you joking? You can't kill a man, what do we just ignore innocent until proven guilty now and go straight to death sentence?
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:23pm
And the trolling begins.
BU Engineering 2012
Enmity View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enmity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Are you joking? You can't kill a man, what do we just ignore innocent until proven guilty now and go straight to death sentence?

The man swung a sword at the officers, you're telling me if you had a gun on you and a man went at you with a sword you wouldn't pull it out a shoot him? This was 100% justified, sad it ended in tragedy but either way, he's lucky they did not go straight for their guns and shoot him.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Enmity Enmity wrote:

The man swung a sword at the officers, you're telling me if you had a gun on you and a man went at you with a sword you wouldn't pull it out a shoot him? This was 100% justified, sad it ended in tragedy but either way, he's lucky they did not go straight for their guns and shoot him.

They tased him twice. I am pretty sure once is enough.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:36pm
Did you read the article?

Because he pulled out the first set of leads.
BU Engineering 2012
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:47pm
Seriously jmac?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Yeah I'm sure he did. How convenient there is no evidence that can support that claim
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Yeah I'm sure he did. How convenient there is no evidence that can support that claim

An autopsy could relatively easily discover the amount current going through his body, actually.  Two Tasers running current through him could legitimately kill him, but there would be telltale marks, probably even internally.

I'd bet he had a heart problem of some sort, that's generally the case when this happens.

Again, tragic, but should the cops have put their lives on the line to subdue this guy?  I don't think so.  Again, this is the exact situation Tasers were invented for.
BU Engineering 2012
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:15pm
That's one of the real problems I have with the Taser. People with heart problems aren't visually distinguishable. That being said if I were ever in a situation where a cop had a Taser pointed at me I would do everything in my power to avoid being shocked. I know my heart problem probably wouldn't be a death sentence if shocked like that, as it is only minor at this point, but it still exists and I would not put myself in danger.

Are any other forms of less than lethal force still used or have all cops gone Taser happy?
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:17pm
I find the whole thing shocking.

What a slice out of our liberties.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

That's one of the real problems I have with the Taser. People with heart problems aren't visually distinguishable. That being said if I were ever in a situation where a cop had a Taser pointed at me I would do everything in my power to avoid being shocked. I know my heart problem probably wouldn't be a death sentence if shocked like that, as it is only minor at this point, but it still exists and I would not put myself in danger.

Are any other forms of less than lethal force still used or have all cops gone Taser happy?

I do think that the Tasers causes cops to disregard the use of other non-lethals.

But I've also seen cops use billy clubs and pepper spray on people, even though they're carrying Tasers.  Generally, that only happens when they want people to move out of an area, rather than arrest them, though.  I'm not sure either would have helped in this situation.  Having a man blinded by pepper spray and wildly waving a sword around doesn't seem like a great solution to me.
BU Engineering 2012
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:26pm
Sounds like a better solution than killing the man.

Didn't even have to have an electric chair, we just electrify mentally ill men before hand!
Que pasa?

DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:32pm
In any use of force continuum this would qualify for the officers using deadly force, they attempted to just use less than lethal force to subdue the man.  They would have been justified to use lethal force in this circumstance but chose not to.

In addition all police officers loathe mace, it not only gets the suspect but will most likely end up on you or those around you and even if you avoid it while spraying it you will still end up on the ground wrestling with a five alarm bad guy.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:33pm

Sounds like a better solution than killing the man.

Didn't even have to have an electric chair, we just electrify mentally ill men before hand!

Cause im sure thats what was going through their mind when a guy is waving a freaking katana in your face.

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 1:37pm
Jmac, please stop using up my air.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic